Covid-19 vs the Flu

2 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Quinlan2020 have you figured out that you are very much in the minority here. It seems that your opinions are not shared by anyone.  You seem to enjoy arguing with everyone. Not sure what's up with that but I guess someone has to be like that or this forum would be very boring.

Minority in what sense? The belief that we are living under an oppressive regime? Prove to me that we are.

• Barf 1

Just now, Quinlan2020 said:

Minority in what sense? The belief that we are living under an oppressive regime? Prove to me that we are.

Wow you don't get it!  How many people have had issue with your posts?  How many agree with you? You have your opinion and the rest of us have ours. That's all I am saying.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow you don't get it!  How many people have had issue with your posts?  How many agree with you? You have your opinion and the rest of us have ours. That's all I am saying.

You're right. It i boring. It's more fun when everyone agrees with each other. There should be separate forums for people that are right and people that are wrong.

Edited by Quinlan2020
  • Fist Bump 1

12 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

You're right. It i boring. It's more fun when everyone agrees with each other. There should be separate forums for people that are right and people that are wrong.

I am assuming you haven't seen what this place is like during tryouts or towards the end of January or February when everyone is talking about the mid am standings and what not. It's a blast! There are PLENTY of things to argue about, and lots of folks who love doing it. Also the PPE bashing is a spectacle of itself. Hell, there's even been a few people banned for saying stupid sh*t. 

I for one am VERY looking forward to getting back to talking about hockey.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Quinlan2020 said:

I understand your frustration. I am not judging those that have truly suffered during this time. I hope you and your family get back on your feet. This board is about discussing the effects on hockey. It's a very minor issue compared to what you are going through. I am sorry. I have obviously offended some. It was never my intention to minimize any personal suffering.

No but you spout off crap like people shouldn’t be allowed to go to bars or restaurants, well guess what, there were a ton of us who used to make a good living In the hospitality industry until people like you came along and started telling others how to live.  
Up until April I considered myself a pretty liberal guy.  I was all about letting people do what they want and I thought the Governor and others were for the “working man” and the other side was for the rich.  Now I see how it really is.  Yes I have been out of work, yes I lost my apartment, yes I moved to a different area to live with family to try to find work in a state that cares about people.  All I seem to be living for right now is November, so I can hopefully stick it to all those who voted to close stuff down.  Am I bitter? F yea I am, and I am sick and tired of PEOPLE LIKE YOU telling others how to live.

My rant is now over....

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

No this person just wants to tell others what to do, and doesn’t seem to understand the stupidity of it.

If they want their kid to play hockey, then they should send them to hockey. If they want to go out to eat, they should go out. If they want to stay home, stay home. If they want to wear a mask, wear one, if they don’t then don’t.  
I like you hockeyisgreat just don’t get why some people feel the need to around telling others what to do.  Some people must be pretty bored....

• Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

No this person just wants to tell others what to do, and doesn’t seem to understand the stupidity of it.

If they want their kid to play hockey, then they should send them to hockey. If they want to go out to eat, they should go out. If they want to stay home, stay home. If they want to wear a mask, wear one, if they don’t then don’t.  
I like you hockeyisgreat just don’t get why some people feel the need to around telling others what to do.  Some people must be pretty bored....

Am I telling anyone what to do? Only thing I have suggested is to stay positive for the kids. You can lobby for changes, but you will be the one making your kids miserable if you tell them that their government is against them. I can't believe that's controversial.

• Are you sure? 1

16 minutes ago, Eddie Shore said:

No but you spout off crap like people shouldn’t be allowed to go to bars or restaurants, well guess what, there were a ton of us who used to make a good living In the hospitality industry until people like you came along and started telling others how to live.  
Up until April I considered myself a pretty liberal guy.  I was all about letting people do what they want and I thought the Governor and others were for the “working man” and the other side was for the rich.  Now I see how it really is.  Yes I have been out of work, yes I lost my apartment, yes I moved to a different area to live with family to try to find work in a state that cares about people.  All I seem to be living for right now is November, so I can hopefully stick it to all those who voted to close stuff down.  Am I bitter? F yea I am, and I am sick and tired of PEOPLE LIKE YOU telling others how to live.

My rant is now over....

I never said any of that stuff. You definitely have a beef if your business is suffering due to restrictions. Somebody determined that bars needed to be shut down for public health reasons. It should be the responsibility of the government that oversees these decisions to compensate those affected. Shame on them if they are not doing that. I will be in your corner to fight for that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quinlan2020 said:

I never said any of that stuff. You definitely have a beef if your business is suffering due to restrictions. Somebody determined that bars needed to be shut down for public health reasons. It should be the responsibility of the government that oversees these decisions to compensate those affected. Shame on them if they are not doing that. I will be in your corner to fight for that. 

Yep, I was threatened by 3 cops that if I opened up they would arrest me, yet I watch a whole bunch of cops watch a group of people set cars on fire and break windows and they do nothing! It is a said day in America I can tell you that. Oh and I am going to go back and find the post where you said the bars should be shut down, it was you I remember 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Dude, please. Please!!! Please find something other to do than what you do on this forum. Go find a forum where they want to stay at home with you and listen to what they're told to do by the politicians that care so much about you. Please!!!

It's called "Reddit". 

• ROTF 1

I turned on ESPN last night and saw they were broadcasting a high school football game. Two teams from Alabama were playing. After that game ended, they broadcasted a high school football game from Utah. Both games had fans in the stands including student sections. Cheerleaders were on the sidelines and there were marching bands. I wondered how these 2 states were able to live semi-normally but PA can't. Then I searched the internet to see who their governors were. Now I know.

• Like 2
  • ROTF 1

1 hour ago, Mysonisagoalie said:

I turned on ESPN last night and saw they were broadcasting a high school football game. Two teams from Alabama were playing. After that game ended, they broadcasted a high school football game from Utah. Both games had fans in the stands including student sections. Cheerleaders were on the sidelines and there were marching bands. I wondered how these 2 states were able to live semi-normally but PA can't. Then I searched the internet to see who their governors were. Now I know.

This virus appears to understand state lines perfectly, just look towards the north east. 

3 hours ago, Mysonisagoalie said:

I miss Alabama

This is shocking but NOT surprising

This Week CDC Quietly Updated COVID-19 Numbers – Only 9,210 Americans Died From COVID-19 Alone – Rest Had Other Other Serious Illnesses

further proof that we’ve all been duped and the liberals continue to lock down their states unnecessarily.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/shock-report-week-cdc-quietly-updated-covid-19-numbers-9210-americans-died-covid-19-alone-rest-serious-illnesses/

Another not surprising headline

New Study Argues COVID Herd Immunity May Have Already Been Reached in Some Regions of US

https://www.westernjournal.com/new-study-argues-covid-herd-immunity-may-already-reached-regions-us/

this is the PRIMARY reason we should have never locked down in the first place.  Humans have survived viruses for the 200,000 years that they’ve been on earth.  Until this year we’ve never tried to resist herd immunity until our states were shut down and we were forced into self quarantine which is opposite and holds back herd immunity 

36 minutes ago, Scooby Doo said:

Another not surprising headline

New Study Argues COVID Herd Immunity May Have Already Been Reached in Some Regions of US

https://www.westernjournal.com/new-study-argues-covid-herd-immunity-may-already-reached-regions-us/

this is the PRIMARY reason we should have never locked down in the first place.  Humans have survived viruses for the 200,000 years that they’ve been on earth.  Until this year we’ve never tried to resist herd immunity until our states were shut down and we were forced into self quarantine which is opposite and holds back herd immunity 

From the article:

“This means we need to be careful about declaring the epidemic over in a given location simply because cases have started to decline,” Justin Lessler, an associate professor of epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, wrote in an Op-Ed in The Washington Post on Friday.

“What may be adequate immunity to stem the virus in summer may not be enough to stop epidemic spread in the winter — a phenomenon seen in each of the four modern influenza pandemics, where an initial summer wave quickly receded only to be followed by a large epidemic in the fall or winter.”

And the concept of Super Spreader was dismissed weeks ago.  The issue is super spreader events, not individuals.

42 minutes ago, Scooby Doo said:

This is shocking but NOT surprising

This Week CDC Quietly Updated COVID-19 Numbers – Only 9,210 Americans Died From COVID-19 Alone – Rest Had Other Other Serious Illnesses

further proof that we’ve all been duped and the liberals continue to lock down their states unnecessarily.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/shock-report-week-cdc-quietly-updated-covid-19-numbers-9210-americans-died-covid-19-alone-rest-serious-illnesses/

It has always been the position that people with other health issues are most of the deaths and we all know that it is mostly older people; why.... because they have other health issues.