90 More Days in the Hole!

Sorry, but the virus is real. Expectation is that daily Covid deaths will average a thousand people per day for rest of the year. Don't worry... You probably won't be one of them, most are older people that you don't care about and hockey is still being played at all our rinks. So it's all good. 

• Are you sure? 1
  • Barf 1

28 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Sorry, but the virus is real. Expectation is that daily Covid deaths will average a thousand people per day for rest of the year. Don't worry... You probably won't be one of them, most are older people that you don't care about and hockey is still being played at all our rinks. So it's all good. 

Seriously buddy, at this point nobody around here takes you serious, I think everyone has you on mute.  Stay in your home. Do you personally know anyone that got covid ? I know 4 people in pa to date that tested positive. All four are around my age (mid 50s), two never knew they had it, never sick just a slight fever. The other two are heavy smokers - one guy missed a day of work with what he thought was a stomach virus, the other guy had what he described as the flu for 3 days.

i am not saying covid is a hoax, it’s real. I wear my mask, I social distance. What I am saying - the people covid is killing are the same people the season flu would kill. If this was not an election year, this madness would not be going on, it would similar to the swine flu in 2009. We did not shut everything down for that. 

back on topic - was there a vote today ?  

• Like 3
  • 100 1

28 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Seriously buddy, at this point nobody around here takes you serious, I think everyone has you on mute.  Stay in your home. Do you personally know anyone that got covid ? I know 4 people in pa to date that tested positive. All four are around my age (mid 50s), two never knew they had it, never sick just a slight fever. The other two are heavy smokers - one guy missed a day of work with what he thought was a stomach virus, the other guy had what he described as the flu for 3 days.

i am not saying covid is a hoax, it’s real. I wear my mask, I social distance. What I am saying - the people covid is killing are the same people the season flu would kill. If this was not an election year, this madness would not be going on, it would similar to the swine flu in 2009. We did not shut everything down for that. 

back on topic - was there a vote today ?  

Delayed. Can kicked down the road. 

Nice charts. As I was saying.... It's highly unlikely that you will die. So far in the United States, we are at over 180.000 and climbing about 1,000 per day. Don't worry about it. You probably don't know any of those people and many of them are retirees that you probably see as unproductive. Their families care about them, but you don't even know their families so you are not affected. Yes, there will be a small number of young people that die or have long-term health effects but these numbers will be small enough to keep the odds low that it will happen here. It will be other peoples' kids and you are free to send them some thoughts and prayers. 

I have read the posts and remarks on this board for a number of years. Feel free to go back and review my post history. 
Never made anything personal.

Never trolled anybody.

Not taking the bait now.

I believe we live in a representative republic and, as such, the society follows the rules of those individuals elected to oversee them. 
In that spirit, I wear my mask. I limit my exposures.

Beating the drum of thousands of people dying everyday, most of them older and “ some younger kids” having long term health effects is not helping advance a fact driven and data based discord. 

I can disagree without being disagreeable.

1 hour ago, BeaverFalls said:

Delayed. Can kicked down the road. 

The way I read it..... Is that he is just extending the emergency Declaration indefinitely...   "Amendment to proclamation shall remain in full force and in effect until either rescinded by Wolf or terminated by law. "   

Maybe he is adjusting this so that the vote on 2787 can pass and this can be lifted or adjusted to accommodate the increase the minimum of people in indoor facilities.   

35 minutes ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Nice charts. As I was saying.... It's highly unlikely that you will die. So far in the United States, we are at over 180.000 and climbing about 1,000 per day. Don't worry about it. You probably don't know any of those people and many of them are retirees that you probably see as unproductive. Their families care about them, but you don't even know their families so you are not affected. Yes, there will be a small number of young people that die or have long-term health effects but these numbers will be small enough to keep the odds low that it will happen here. It will be other peoples' kids and you are free to send them some thoughts and prayers. 

Bro you're at it again. Why are you always pissing on everyone's parade with your passive aggressive tactics?  If as you say the elderly are the ones dying then why are we as a society not implementing measures to protect them?  Is the only mitigation tactic to make everyone in the country wear a mask? Social distance? I don't even have any family in the area much less than someone elderly. The deaths mostly occur in nursing homes. Maybe start there with protection instead of sending Covid police to inspect restaurants or bars.

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad23 said:

Bro you're at it again. Why are you always pissing on everyone's parade with your passive aggressive tactics?  If as you say the elderly are the ones dying then why are we as a society not implementing measures to protect them?  Is the only mitigation tactic to make everyone in the country wear a mask? Social distance? I don't even have any family in the area much less than someone elderly. The deaths mostly occur in nursing homes. Maybe start there with protection instead of sending Covid police to inspect restaurants or bars.

My point is to hold off on the parade. It's not over and it's going to go on a lot longer if attitudes let it. I'm not even saying that it should be fear & panic all over the place. Too many many people are trying to prove that this pandemic just isn't a big deal. I don't exactly know what we we should be doing/not doing, but have faced the fact that we'll be stuck in this rut if attitudes don't change. I agree that common sense social distancing solutions without closures of things is probably the best way to move on. I just hear all this stuff that is the opposite of common sense. People just keep trying to post links/charts to convince everyone to act like Covid is just a cold or flu. That will just cause more cases and more reason for people to panic. Then we'll just tell people not to panic, but they will.

Just now, Quinlan2020 said:

My point is to hold off on the parade. It's not over and it's going to go on a lot longer if attitudes let it. I'm not even saying that it should be fear & panic all over the place. Too many many people are trying to prove that this pandemic just isn't a big deal. I don't exactly know what we we should be doing/not doing, but have faced the fact that we'll be stuck in this rut if attitudes don't change. I agree that common sense social distancing solutions without closures of things is probably the best way to move on. I just hear all this stuff that is the opposite of common sense. People just keep trying to post links/charts to convince everyone to act like Covid is just a cold or flu. That will just cause more cases and more reason for people to panic. Then we'll just tell people not to panic, but they will.

Understood. But everyone has a different tolerance of fear. Can't poo poo someone that thinks this is no big deal or doesn't want to wear a mask. That's on them. I think you're just beating a dead horse by forcing them to "see the light." Isn't gonna happen. 

1 hour ago, PowerPlay said:

I don't know what this means....  But it looks like the bill passed today.   

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/RCC/Public/listVoteSummaryH.cfm?sYear=2019&sInd=0&cteeCde=44&theDate=09/01/2020&RollCallId=2396

Vote Summary

YEAS: 28
NAYS: 5
NV: 0
Result: Passed

It’s a good start, but now it has to pass. The short version - this vote made it so they can vote on it. Stay on your reps, no date was given for it to reach the floor! There is a western pa man that said “NO” this round, I’m sure he will vote no again when the real vote comes up. 

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

It’s a good start, but now it has to pass. The short version - this vote made it so they can vote on it. Stay on your reps, no date was given for it to reach the floor! There is a western pa man that said “NO” this round, I’m sure he will vote no again when the real vote comes up. 

So this would meet a 2/3 vote, right? 

What does it mean for hockey right now? 

Sorry I just don't understand.