Vengeance/SCIR - where do you draw the line?

15 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

Actually it's 14u now.  But I would think all the past Tier I teams (18u, 16u, 15u, 2004 team) would make them a Tier I org.

From myhockey rankings.

MID-AM TIER 1 PEEWEE TEAMS. 

Recent Scores

2020-21 USA 09 - Tier 1 Listing

Top of Form

Select Different Listing---------------USA Midget 18U Tier 1USA Midget 16U Tier 1USA Midget 15U Tier 1USA Bantam 05 Tier 1USA Bantam 06 Tier 1USA Peewee 07 Tier 1USA Peewee 08 Tier 1---------------Canada Midget AAACanada Min Midget AAACanada Bantam AAACanada Peewee AAA---------------Ontario Midget AAAOntario Midget 04 AAAOntario Bantam 05 AAAOntario Bantam 06 AAAOntario Peewee 07 AAAOntario Peewee 08 AAAOntario Atom 09 AAAOntario Atom 10 AAA---------------USA Midget 18U Tier 2USA Midget 16U Tier 2USA Bantam 05 Tier 2USA Bantam 06 Tier 2USA Peewee 07 Tier 2USA Peewee 08 Tier 2USA Squirt 09 (All)USA Squirt 10 (All)

Bottom of Form

Top of Form

District: ALLAtlanticCentralMassachusettsMichiganMid-AmMinnesotaNew EnglandNew YorkNorthern PlainsPacificRocky MountainSoutheastern

Bottom of Form

Rank

Team

Record

Rating

AGD

Sched

Links

n/a

Cleveland Barons 09 AAA (OH)

0-0-0

n/a

Indy Jr Fuel 09 AAA (IN)

0-0-0

n/a

Ohio Blue Jackets 09 AAA (OH)

0-0-0

n/a

Pittsburgh Penguins Elite (Conway) 09 AAA (PA)

0-0-0

n/a

Pittsburgh Penguins Elite (Nelson) 09 AAA (PA)

0-0-0

n/a

Pittsburgh Vengeance 09 AAA (PA)

0-0-0

Alphabetic

Recent Scores

2020-21 USA 08 - Tier 1 Listing

Top of Form

Select Different Listing---------------USA Midget 18U Tier 1USA Midget 16U Tier 1USA Midget 15U Tier 1USA Bantam 05 Tier 1USA Bantam 06 Tier 1USA Peewee 07 Tier 1USA Peewee 08 Tier 1---------------Canada Midget AAACanada Min Midget AAACanada Bantam AAACanada Peewee AAA---------------Ontario Midget AAAOntario Midget 04 AAAOntario Bantam 05 AAAOntario Bantam 06 AAAOntario Peewee 07 AAAOntario Peewee 08 AAAOntario Atom 09 AAAOntario Atom 10 AAA---------------USA Midget 18U Tier 2USA Midget 16U Tier 2USA Bantam 05 Tier 2USA Bantam 06 Tier 2USA Peewee 07 Tier 2USA Peewee 08 Tier 2USA Squirt 09 (All)USA Squirt 10 (All)

Bottom of Form

Top of Form

District: ALLAtlanticCentralMassachusettsMichiganMid-AmMinnesotaNew EnglandNew YorkNorthern PlainsPacificRocky MountainSoutheastern

Bottom of Form

Rank

Team

Record

Rating

AGD

Sched

Links

n/a

Cleveland Barons 08 AAA (OH)

0-0-0

n/a

Indy Jr Fuel 08 AAA (IN)

0-0-0

n/a

Ohio Blue Jackets 08 AAA (OH)

0-0-0

n/a

Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 08 AAA (PA)

0-0-0

n/a

Pittsburgh Vengeance 08 AAA (PA)

0-1-0

So Jack, what exactly is your question? Or should I say ulterior motive? You obviously have something against either SCIR or the Vengeance or both so instead of beating around the bush like this, spill it. What's your real beef/agenda? Inquiring minds want to know and at this point anything is better than the Quinlan rhetoric.

• Like 1

I've asked this question before too, because I didn't think it was permissable but it's not a no no until there is Tier 1 at 14u is how it was explained to me. (There is no true AAA until 14u as others have said, when you compete at Nationals.)  I have no ax to grind then or now, just didn't understand it and agree it is confusing. (Why can't you play independent games under your PAHL team name? ?‍♂️) I think the dual thing made it difficult for them sometimes, I know the Vengeance younger teams had trouble getting into some tournaments, directors questioning their ability to hang because they played PAHL. Also, you know if you play those crap PAHL teams it drags down your my hockey rankings....

Edited by Saucey
Always got typis

22 minutes ago, Saucey said:

I've asked this question before too, because I didn't think it was permissable but it's not a no no until there is Tier 1 at 14u is how it was explained to me. (There is no true AAA until 14u as others have said, when you compete at Nationals.)  I have no ax to grind then or now, just didn't understand it and agree it is confusing. (Why can't you play independent games under your PAHL team name? ?‍♂️) I think the dual thing made it difficult for them sometimes, I know the Vengeance younger teams had trouble getting into some tournaments, directors questioning their ability to hang because they played PAHL. Also, you know if you play those crap PAHL teams it drags down your my hockey rankings....

Especially when you lose games at the AA level it goes against the whole "Aaa" thing (although yes I realize all those squirts are in their minor year. All the teams ("AAA" and below) are all ranked together at the squirt age though because as pointed out there is no tier 1/Tier 2. 

On 9/3/2020 at 10:58 AM, Jack Handey said:

Yeah, like when a Renegades team rolls into a PAHL game with SCIR jerseys/shells/socks but all the kids have red helmets on.  Pretty sure that red isn't in the SCIR color scheme.  Is SCIR used as a fundraiser for the red helmet crew?

I’m sure as a member your could request to look at the books and have that question answered outside of this board. 

V partners with renegades in year 1 of squirts to provide the option to play in the Pahl aa squirt division. Basically, playing all second year aa squirts. Results vary year to year. I can remember the 08s sweeping the AA squirt division that included all the 07s. The 2010s had a rough year last year. The 2011s aren’t doing it.