Gov Wolf’s Latest

I assume that the part about "allowed inside some athletic facilities", he was thinking of fields/stadiums rather than indoor venues. Is is possible that he was being honest about the full teams on benches part? He may not be aware of the logistics of setting up a hockey game. That seems more encouraging than him just giving a straight up "I don't care" response. The restaurant restrictions were eased a little today. Perhaps the indoor gathering limit is next. It sounds like he acknowledges the inconsistencies and may revisit things. I have said that having the same limits on large & small facilities does not make sense. My whole complaint is with people that simplify, minimize & politicize the whole pandemic. Those are the people that are keeping us stuck in this purgatory. Easing restrictions would look a lot less scary if it was apparent that most people would adhere to common sense social distancing measures.

5 hours ago, Quinlan2020 said:

I assume that the part about "allowed inside some athletic facilities", he was thinking of fields/stadiums rather than indoor venues. Is is possible that he was being honest about the full teams on benches part? He may not be aware of the logistics of setting up a hockey game. That seems more encouraging than him just giving a straight up "I don't care" response. The restaurant restrictions were eased a little today. Perhaps the indoor gathering limit is next. It sounds like he acknowledges the inconsistencies and may revisit things. I have said that having the same limits on large & small facilities does not make sense. My whole complaint is with people that simplify, minimize & politicize the whole pandemic. Those are the people that are keeping us stuck in this purgatory. Easing restrictions would look a lot less scary if it was apparent that most people would adhere to common sense social distancing measures.

As a Democrat myself I must say it is his job to be versed on the differences between fields, stadiums, ice rinks etc. and I find his ignorance to hockey as unnaceptable.  There is too much at stake here.

That is why I commented earlier by saying when you write to your state congressmen and congresswomen, act as if they know nothing about the sport of hockey or the environment they play in because most of them don't.  Do not assume anything and put it in simple terms for them to comprehend.  If the Wolf quotes provided on this thread are true which I believe they are, he is clueless on the sport of hockey and we can't change anything unless we flood his and our reps email boxes, social media pages, etc.  

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 2

Two interesting paragraphs from the article:

“If the charge is, that there are things that don’t make sense, I’m guilty,” Wolf said. “What we’ve done is work with organizations…to see if we can figure out what is a more sensible policy. Sometimes we disagree, but that sounds like one that is, in fact, inconsistent.”

Wolf said his administration would continue working with organizations to try and make sure “that we are consistent and doing the right thing.”

Check out the “Let Hockey Play” movement on the Atlantic district’s website: https://www.atlantic-district.org

So now I’m going to be blunt. WHERE IN THE HELL IS MIDAM? WHY ARE WE SEEING NO EFFORT BY OUR PA MIDAM REPS TO WORK WITH AND EDUCATE OUR LEGISLATURE? Thankfully the affiliate representing the eastern part of the state is actually trying to get this situation fixed and we will benefit if that happens!

Guess what, we pay USA Hockey and affiliate fees so situations like this are addressed. I hope that I’m wrong, but it looks like MIDAM has failed us up to this point. 

4 hours ago, Ynot02 said:

Two interesting paragraphs from the article:

“If the charge is, that there are things that don’t make sense, I’m guilty,” Wolf said. “What we’ve done is work with organizations…to see if we can figure out what is a more sensible policy. Sometimes we disagree, but that sounds like one that is, in fact, inconsistent.”

Wolf said his administration would continue working with organizations to try and make sure “that we are consistent and doing the right thing.”

Check out the “Let Hockey Play” movement on the Atlantic district’s website: https://www.atlantic-district.org

So now I’m going to be blunt. WHERE IN THE HELL IS MIDAM? WHY ARE WE SEEING NO EFFORT BY OUR PA MIDAM REPS TO WORK WITH AND EDUCATE OUR LEGISLATURE? Thankfully the affiliate representing the eastern part of the state is actually trying to get this situation fixed and we will benefit if that happens!

Guess what, we pay USA Hockey and affiliate fees so situations like this are addressed. I hope that I’m wrong, but it looks like MIDAM has failed us up to this point. 

He told the DVHL he wouldn’t meet with them so...

4 hours ago, Ynot02 said:

As far as I know, Mid-am and the PAHL have done jack-$hit at the State level.  No idea what the people in these ORGs do, but either they are keeping all their efforts a secret, or they aren't doing anything.  If it wasn't for people like me leaking out stuff about the PAHL, we would know ZERO about what is going on.

So glad only 1 year left of amateur hockey.  

6 hours ago, Quinlan2020 said:

Sadly if he “isn’t aware” of the setup of hockey and did this unknowingly, he still made families spend lots of money that didn’t need to be spent to travel to Virginia, Ohio, etc. the last few weekends to get games in.  Besides the money the people spent traveling to play hockey, he also unknowingly contributed then to a few hundred families who went to Ohio and Virginia and then returned back to PA and into the schools and rinks this week bringing back any virus such as covid.  

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020/09/pa-gov-tom-wolf-plans-to-veto-bill-that-lets-schools-decide-whether-to-hold-sports-and-set-attendance-limits.html?outputType=amp

If the numbers are correct from this article about the Senate and the one I read about the House, the legislature has enough votes to override his veto. The question is do they have the fortitude?

• Like 2