House Bill 2832

On 9/11/2020 at 1:24 PM, champeen said:

THIS GUY GETS IT.  100%.

Side note- Here in TX, rinks are pretty much wide open and I know of 3 teams that have had COVID outbreaks already and a 29 yr old 16UAA coach died from a drug OD trying to fight it on his own.  Got an email yesterday that one of the teams my son played against this past weekend now has positive tests.  If things continue like this, hockey will get shut down here, believe me.  When one of these kids' grandmother dies, it's going to be really sad.  So, our Republican Gov. is opening shit up and believe me, our hospitalization numbers and our daily death count are way higher than PA.   

Does that mean I think a 25 person cap, regardless of Sq Ft. is reasonable? Of course not.  You should totally fight that. My kid played this past weekend, despite the risks I'm well aware of.  But, don't assume that the legislators just have it out for you.  The reason you don't know of many cases up there is likely BECAUSE of the restrictions.  To say "nobody is even getting it, why all the rules?" is actually backwards in this case.

Fish bowl cleaner?

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

Lol I was wondering the same thing. Wtf did he overdose on?  Sounds like someone overdosed on drugs and it got mis-labeled as Covid or the family felt better pretending that was why the drug abuse was going on. 

yes, LOL, that a 29 yr old coach died.  it was sleeping pills.  and the Dr.s determined that COVID actually played a roll in dropping his blood/O2 levels in conjunction with the pills.  but regardless, some people will not care until it affects them.  i get that.  carry on.

3 minutes ago, champeen said:

yes, LOL, that a 29 yr old coach died.  it was sleeping pills.  and the Dr.s determined that COVID actually played a roll in dropping his blood/O2 levels in conjunction with the pills.  but regardless, some people will not care until it affects them.  i get that.  carry on.

So a guy overdosed on sleeping pills and you are calling that a Covid death.  Wonder why some of us are skeptical about the numbers.  

• Like 1
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

So a guy overdosed on sleeping pills and you are calling that a Covid death.  Wonder why some of us are skeptical about the numbers.  

Obviously because if not for covid, the pills wouldn't have killed him. On a death certificate, covid would rightfully be listed. 

3 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Working in the medical sales field, I’ve had some doctors tell me this is going on everywhere. The hospitals get paid federal money when the death is related to covid. These doctors were not down playing covid, they were just telling it like it is. 

1 hour ago, Danner27 said:

Working in the medical sales field, I’ve had some doctors tell me this is going on everywhere. The hospitals get paid federal money when the death is related to covid. These doctors were not down playing covid, they were just telling it like it is. 

Yeah I heard something like 15% bump for payments.  It's terrible.  If you could prove/show me the coach had a regular, prescribed dosage of sleeping medication I'd be shocked.  Secondly, the "lol" was obviously about the joke related to fish bowl cleaner but someone from texas who apparently decided to join a western pa hockey board to warn of of the dangers of mixing Covid and sleeping pills decided to call me out. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

On 9/10/2020 at 9:21 PM, fafa fohi said:

Agreed.

Only on this thread could bi-partisan support of this bill be passed off as “arm twisting“ and Democrats “promised to change their votes right now.”  @Novos51 I am sure you have proof of that or some insider information to back such a claim?  

Politicians that don’t answer to their constituents get voted out of office. 

If Wolf knew for sure that his veto would be overridden it makes no sense for him to jump on it immediately. It’s a loss for him. 

I apologize I don’t have it handy but multiple D representatives that voted yes are now “studying the issue. Leadership positions within the caucus, campaign funding, submitting for state appointments, and other things are all part of the arm-twisting. 

If any of this surprises you then you really haven’t paid attention to current or 250 years of American politics. 

I offer no guess as to if this veto will stand or not but I’m fairly certain some votes will change. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, champeen said:

I think we sort of have a split on how we view things.  Some people want to open a bit more and flatten the curve with hopes of moving toward "herd immunity".  Their thinking is that for the most part if you are relatively young you should be ok if you get covid.  On the other hand, some people want it to keep the restrictions in place and wait for a vaccine or better treatment.  Frankly, both options suck. 

11 minutes ago, twoboys said:

I think we sort of have a split on how we view things.  Some people want to open a bit more and flatten the curve with hopes of moving toward "herd immunity".  Their thinking is that for the most part if you are relatively young you should be ok if you get covid.  On the other hand, some people want it to keep the restrictions in place and wait for a vaccine or better treatment.  Frankly, both options suck. 

Which leads be back to what exactly is the end state goal?  Flatten the curve?  Suppress the curve?  Eliminate the curve?  Because pinning our hopes on a theoretical vaccine is like planning ones retirement based on hitting the lottery. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

13 minutes ago, twoboys said:

I'm in the middle myself honestly.  I'm OK with some common sense regulations actually based on data, with metrics, and with a start and end date.  It makes sense to me, for instance, if someone says "You must wear a mask on public transportation" and well within the government's right to require that.   

When it comes to the government telling private businesses and people on private property what to do it gets a lot more complex and dicey.  When they are regulating private property but still allowing other things to happen that benefit themselves or their ideological viewpoint.....we really have gone down a rabbit hole.  

I'm most angry because the state/county/etc. are so worried about counting how many beers we drink and what kind of food we are eating that they aren't even protecting the vulnerable folks in the nursing homes.

59 minutes ago, HockeyMom5 said:

I wonder if that has an impact on ice rinks?  I'm sure Wolf will appeal and maybe get an emergency injunction to stop them from opening anything.  

1 hour ago, hockey2020 said:

wasn’t there already a court ruling on this. everyone thought it was some great victory. but nothing changed. that was months ago. am i wrong? that is my recollection 

The Supreme Court has already ruled that states do have the constitutional right to do this. Unless there is some nuance specific to pa, not seeing this go anywhere.