14uAA Wildcats vs Shaha

I am certainly not making excuses I am the first one to reprimand my child if in the wrong. I just don’t see why such the hatred towards this one team when it is a division problem. There were kids throwing punches and taking helmets off from the other team yet our kids should have just sat there? I have seen kids in AAA hockey do worse than these  boys did with no reprocussion. I agree safety should be first and these kids need to be penalized when wrong. 

25 minutes ago, Momhockey said:

I am certainly not making excuses I am the first one to reprimand my child if in the wrong. I just don’t see why such the hatred towards this one team when it is a division problem. There were kids throwing punches and taking helmets off from the other team yet our kids should have just sat there? I have seen kids in AAA hockey do worse than these  boys did with no reprocussion. I agree safety should be first and these kids need to be penalized when wrong. 

Not reallly a division problem-don’t group the all others in with the NP team 

Mt Lebo-played 5 games, has 4 FPP

mon Valley-4 games, has all 4 FPP

allegheny-4 games, has all 4 FPP

vipers stars-5 games, has 4 FPP

butler valley- 2 games, has 2 FPP

shaha- 4 games, has 2 FPP

preds-3 games, has 3 FPP

foxes and North Pittsburgh-have only 1 fair play point  foxes played 4 games, NP played 7 games 

Just caught film on this one.  Curious to see this great big brawl.  Instead, the video shows about 4-5 kids engaged in some wrestling for a grand total of about 15-20 seconds and the teams separate.  Not exactly the train wreck that everyone's making it out to be.  The box score is way overblown on this.

Are the teams innocent?  No.  But would hate to be one of the 11-12 kids with fighting majors and game misconducts.  Those suspended kids are getting totally screwed.  Mid-Am or PAHL needs to step in here and right this wrong for those kids.  Fix these majors and misconducts.  Use the video.  Get it right, while you still can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Handey said:

Just caught film on this one.  Curious to see this great big brawl.  Instead, the video shows about 4-5 kids engaged in some wrestling for a grand total of about 15-20 seconds and the teams separate.  Not exactly the train wreck that everyone's making it out to be.  The box score is way overblown on this.

Are the teams innocent?  No.  But would hate to be one of the 11-12 kids with fighting majors and game misconducts.  Those suspended kids are getting totally screwed.  Mid-Am or PAHL needs to step in here and right this wrong for those kids.  Fix these majors and misconducts.  Use the video.  Get it right, while you still can.

Can you share the rink/date for those of us who are curious but lazy?

5 hours ago, Jack Handey said:

Still get suspended for anything post game. 

What it really comes down to is should the coach teach the kids how to play to be successful right now (and get all the FPP). Or coach them to be successful as they move on to higher levels of hockey(and get minimal FPP)?

A ton of these kids are moving on to juniors and college in a few years and if they don’t learn how to throw and take hits now(u14 and 16) they end up hurt. They step onto the ice as an 18 year old college player and get hit by a 23 year old who has been throwing the body for almost 10 years. But little Johnny has never taken a real hit because all PAHL coaches tell their kids to avoid contact to get FPP. It’s really just PAHLs way of figuring as long as the kid doesn’t get hurt on their watch, who cares if he’s set up for failure later on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icebucket said:

What it really comes down to is should the coach teach the kids how to play to be successful right now (and get all the FPP). Or coach them to be successful as they move on to higher levels of hockey(and get minimal FPP)?

A ton of these kids are moving on to juniors and college in a few years and if they don’t learn how to throw and take hits now(u14 and 16) they end up hurt. They step onto the ice as an 18 year old college player and get hit by a 23 year old who has been throwing the body for almost 10 years. But little Johnny has never taken a real hit because all PAHL coaches tell their kids to avoid contact to get FPP. It’s really just PAHLs way of figuring as long as the kid doesn’t get hurt on their watch, who cares if he’s set up for failure later on...

I understand what you are trying to say, but the reality is that very few of these kids will advance to a high level of juniors/college hockey.   I guess it depends on what level of college/juniors.  If they "advance" to tier 3 junior hockey or d3 acha club hockey, they will be with a bunch of other kids that don't know how to hit/take hits.  The level of hockey is terrible.   

47 minutes ago, johnnyhockey said:

I understand what you are trying to say, but the reality is that very few of these kids will advance to a high level of juniors/college hockey.   I guess it depends on what level of college/juniors.  If they "advance" to tier 3 junior hockey or d3 acha club hockey, they will be with a bunch of other kids that don't know how to hit/take hits.  The level of hockey is terrible.   

I agree that not many kids will advance to high levels. I think the FPP needs to be dependent on what level they are playing.. no need to restrict the AA kids. It’s a big factor of why a lot of parents are having their kids play on these bad AAA teams instead of PAHL

• Like 1

On 10/31/2018 at 10:40 AM, BLC said:

Are there any consequences to either team for that?

There were enough suspensions resulting that PAHL had to split the suspensions up over weekends, so half the kids on each team will be suspended one weekend and half the next. I know a family who had a player in that game for SHAHA, and the parents said that the officials were reduced to a process of elimination to identify the players fighting because of the mayhem. Apparently PAHL didn't spend much time reviewing the video at the hearing, either, at least according to this parent. They felt that the penalties on both teams were excessive.

All second hand, but from a reliable source whose player was part of the game.

USAH/PAHL rules are pretty clear on this.  Suspensions must be served the next USAH sanctioned game.  PAHL requires 9 players to start a game at this age.  If they don't have 9 players the next game forefit rules would come into play.  Want to teach them a lesson hand them a 1-0 loss.  Splitting up the suspensions should not be an option.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HSFBLJ said:

USAH/PAHL rules are pretty clear on this.  Suspensions must be served the next USAH sanctioned game.  PAHL requires 9 players to start a game at this age.  If they don't have 9 players the next game forefit rules would come into play.  Want to teach them a lesson hand them a 1-0 loss.  Splitting up the suspensions should not be an option.

Agreed. I heard this from a parent I consider reliable. I can't verify that's what they ended up doing. This kind of stupidity should be met with appropriate sanctions, including forfeit of games. No question about it.

I’m not quite sure what brawl you’re speaking about against the Vipers;  actually one of our players left that game with a broken wrist .    For one reason or another people on this board want to make crap up that isn’t true .  Have a blast debating untrue rumors....  I have better things to do than sit here and fight with people who don’t know what they’re talking about .  Go ahead and insult me whatever makes you feel good about yourself ...

** EDITED BY PAUL BAXTER

Edited by Paul Baxter
REMOVED PROFANITY