Hi all,  I'd like to start a list (and update when we can) of restrictions in various states for our hockey reference. I'm basing some of this on personal experience, so correct me if they aren't official (also this stuff changes day to day some places)

PA:  no out of state teams. Participants must wear masks. Nothing within Philly city limits. 

OH: Regular games, Participants cannot compete in more than one contest or game per day, unless it is against the same team(s) or player(s) as in the initial game or contest.  Indoor spectators are limited to the lesser of 15% of fixed seating capacity or 300 total.

DE: Checking divisions require masks on all players.  Non-checking requires masks for anyone taking a faceoff.  Officials need masks and electronic whistles.

MI:  No organized sports

VA:  having tournaments 5v5 with spectators allowed. Masks recommended not enforced. Bar/restaurants inside rink open. (See below)

NY:  Closed to games

Canada:  Closed to outside teams

NJ: Cannot travel across state lines. 

Edited by aaaahockey
Updated Info
8 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Hi all,  I'd like to start a list (and update when we can) of restrictions in various states for our hockey reference. I'm basing some of this on personal experience, so correct me if they aren't official (also this stuff changes day to day some places)

PA:  Limit 25 on ice (10 v 10 games)

OH: Regular games, 50% occupancy for fans?

MI:  Regular games, players must wear masks, 2 guests per participant in fans?

VA:  ?

NY:  Closed to outside teams?

Canada:  Closed to outside teams

VA- having tournaments 5v5 with spectators allowed. Masks recommended not enforced. Bar/restaurants inside rink open. 

• Like 1

I had heard Ohio just came out with a rule that would all but eliminate tournaments. Something about not being able to play multiple teams within 24 hours. I know of a baseball tournament it affected this weekend. Can’t seem to find anything online though to substantiate it. 

36 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

I had heard Ohio just came out with a rule that would all but eliminate tournaments. Something about not being able to play multiple teams within 24 hours. I know of a baseball tournament it affected this weekend. Can’t seem to find anything online though to substantiate it. 

I heard this too - can't play more than one team in the same day.  You can play the same team more than once.  I'll add it as a "rumor" until we confirm.

9 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

I heard this too - can't play more than one team in the same day.  You can play the same team more than once.  I'll add it as a "rumor" until we confirm.

The requirement on playing a different team in less than 24 hours was a mandate on the governor website for sports. But I don't see it anymore.  As of last week you could not play a new team in 24 hours. The tournament officials were simply going to schedule 1 game Fri, Sat, Sunday and do the points system. Possibly extend periods to give teams a 4 game feel.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, carroll81 said:

Delaware is playing.  Checking divisions require masks on all players.  Non-checking requires masks for anyone taking a faceoff.  Officials need masks and electronic whistles.

I read on the New York State Amateur Hockey Associationwebpage that it looks like tournaments in the state may not even happen till March 2021.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...