Any word on PIHL games?

MS and JV are starting October 5th. Varsity is starting November 2nd.  5v5 with a full bench to start and they’ll se how is goes.  1 parent Per player in the stands.  May need to adjust if number of cases rise.  Schedule out by 10/1.  Info is from PIHL online meetings.

Edited by PuckHead7
  • Like 3

My son played in a JV scrimmage over the weekend according to the PIHL rule:. 4v4, eight skaters on the bench, no body checking (and let me tell you, both teams had trouble with that one). They played two eight minute periods and then took a break to switch players out of the locker room.

It was entertaining in its own way, but nothing like what school hockey should look like. I can't understand how board pins and body contact can be legal but body checking, which is much shorter in contact duration between players, is not.

The players looked to be having fun, except for the guys who couldn't get the body checking prohibition clear. For me, I can watch 4v4 all summer at Ice Castle, if I want to for some reason, but I guess if the players are having fun that's what matters right now. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, hockeyisgreat said:

I just heard the same thing with games starting October 5th.  Wonder if they are going to leave it to the teams to somehow enforce the 1 parent per player rule.  The only place I have heard it is actually enforced is at Lemieux for PPE games.

As a follow-up, we were told last night by our JV business manager that spectators are not permitted at any PIHL games right now by MidAm rules. This was not enforced at the scrimmage we had over the weekend, but it looks to be required now.

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/document/4441-2272632/PIHL_4x4_Information.docx.pdf#_ga=2.257285579.131289136.1601905555-635639436.1601307249

Edited by Lifelongbender

2 hours ago, Lifelongbender said:

As a follow-up, we were told last night by our JV business manager that spectators are not permitted at any PIHL games right now by MidAm rules. This was not enforced at the scrimmage we had over the weekend, but it looks to be required now.

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/document/4441-2272632/PIHL_4x4_Information.docx.pdf#_ga=2.257285579.131289136.1601905555-635639436.1601307249

And it's all because of an arbitrary 25 person rule. SMH

19 minutes ago, HockeyDad23 said:

And it's all because of an arbitrary 25 person rule. SMH

Does Mt Lebo have live barn?  Is there any way to watch games from that rink?  I would think that PIHL is opening itself up to Litigation by not permitting one parent in the rink. I would hate to be them if someone gets hurt and there is a delay in care because a guardian is not present.   I know it is about letting the kids play but this is just STUPID. I sure do hope people remember this come the elections and vote out the people who would not overturn Wolfs veto.  Hard to believe that politics is more important than our kids.

Schools (Actually Club Teams) keep handing money over to PIHL.  PIHL keeps buying Ice.  Can't let that go to waste... here play summer league hockey....  Not one person agrees that this is a safer alternative.  Yet we all follow .

every PIHL lost their voice or opinion as soon as you hand over the cash.   PIHL is forcing MS and JV to play.  

• 100 1

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Does Mt Lebo have live barn?  Is there any way to watch games from that rink?  I would think that PIHL is opening itself up to Litigation by not permitting one parent in the rink. I would hate to be them if someone gets hurt and there is a delay in care because a guardian is not present.   I know it is about letting the kids play but this is just STUPID. I sure do hope people remember this come the elections and vote out the people who would not overturn Wolfs veto.  Hard to believe that politics is more important than our kids.

At least PA has EMTs unlike Ohio. I would hope that the coach or other team official has the number to text while the parent is outside waiting patiently in their car. Hopefully MTL has Livebarn sooner rather than later.

Announcement coming at 10 a.m. today and this is what my representative had to say:

Tomorrow there will be announcement regarding increased capacity for indoor and outdoor sports. There has been a lot of compromise on the issue but I’m sure that hockey players/parents will be satisfied. This issue has been time consuming but a very worthwhile result in my opinion. The kids are able to play and parents will be there as they should be

Edited by oneanddone
  • Like 1
  • Fist Bump 2

1 hour ago, oneanddone said:

Announcement coming at 10 a.m. today and this is what my representative had to say:

Tomorrow there will be announcement regarding increased capacity for indoor and outdoor sports. There has been a lot of compromise on the issue but I’m sure that hockey players/parents will be satisfied. This issue has been time consuming but a very worthwhile result in my opinion. The kids are able to play and parents will be there as they should be

This would be awesome news. I sure hope the PIHL is prepared to change all the crazy rules and let them play real Hockey Tonight and Thursday.  There are 17 or so games on the schedule today and Thursday.  How fast will MidAm respond. someone needs to tell them to pay attention today!

20% on indoor venues with normal max of up to 2000.  

15% for venues from 2,001-10,000

https://www.punxsutawneyspirit.com/content/gov-wolf-sec-levine-amend-guidelines-safe-gathering-limits?fbclid=IwAR06ViGkHCGie2GWZJRX4FUClJ2HBFVn6DcTzvaHWyjfPLDHrruWDibDaj8

I would like to confirm this with a media outlet a smidge more prominent that the Punxsutawney Spirit, though.

• Like 1