Any word on PIHL games?

10 minutes ago, Saucey said:

With a warning that if contact tracing shows the event is a source of spread, they may walk it back. So please follow the rink rules so our kids can keep playing and the business owners can stay open.

This is wise advice. Even if we don't believe that masks and distancing are effective, or necessary at all, at this point they'll take this all back if anything comes up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lifelongbender said:

This is wise advice. Even if we don't believe that masks and distancing are effective, or necessary at all, at this point they'll take this all back if anything comes up.

Right, so let's hope everyone, regardless of political ideology, can just do the right thing so their kids can play some damn hockey!!

• 100 1

41 minutes ago, HockeyDad23 said:

It is interesting that a lot of folks have been preaching this approach to the "Data" for quite some time. Use the fire code limits and assign a % capacity based on building size. The 25 limit for every scenario was never scientific. But I'm just rehashing...

Yes, they have. People with common sense. Which right off the bat, eliminates the majority of politicians.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

42 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

PIHL PRESIDENTS MEETING TO DISCUSS RECENT STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING INDOOR SPORTS

This meeting was last night.  Anybody care to share what was discussed and when it might take effect?

Thanks in advance!

5 on 5 starting 10/9 at JV MS

Limits on fan attendance

Varsity Start date planned for 11/2, state championships 4/24

only 3 coaches per bench and must wear masks

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

PIHL PRESIDENTS MEETING TO DISCUSS RECENT STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING INDOOR SPORTS

This meeting was last night.  Anybody care to share what was discussed and when it might take effect?

Thanks in advance!

Friday at 1201.

If a Rink is not allowing fans.... Why give them any money???  PIHL should not allow it.

PIHL stop spending your member club's money without consulting your members!

Ridiculous.  I'm sure the parents (Paying Customers) would rather play road games or at an alternative rink and be able to watch as opposed to watching on live barn from your car.  just so the kids can play at their "HOME" Rink.  If you put pressure on the rink to allow fans or not sell the ice, then the rinks will have to adjust their policies or lose money.

1 hour ago, PowerPlay said:

If a Rink is not allowing fans.... Why give them any money???  PIHL should not allow it.

PIHL stop spending your member club's money without consulting your members!

Ridiculous.  I'm sure the parents (Paying Customers) would rather play road games or at an alternative rink and be able to watch as opposed to watching on live barn from your car.  just so the kids can play at their "HOME" Rink.  If you put pressure on the rink to allow fans or not sell the ice, then the rinks will have to adjust their policies or lose money.

I don't think it is the rink rule. It is the PIHL rule.  They are making the schools play by those rules so that it will be USA Hockey sanctioned. Hopefully this is all over at 12:01 tonight. Still doesn't help the people who play at MT Lebo tonight.

9 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

I don't think it is the rink rule. It is the PIHL rule.  They are making the schools play by those rules so that it will be USA Hockey sanctioned. Hopefully this is all over at 12:01 tonight. Still doesn't help the people who play at MT Lebo tonight.

From what I understand, it is based off of each rinks capacity (fire code) and a percentage of that total number is allowed in.

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Lebo supposedly isn't letting any fans in even after the rule changes. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

I saw an email recently that made it sound like Mt Lebanon is not going to allow spectators at first anyhow, may be some time for them to change their mind.

Maybe when organizations start canceling ice at Met Lebo they will change their mind,  Although it is community owned so they don't care nearly as much about fans.

23 hours ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

I saw an email recently that made it sound like Mt Lebanon is not going to allow spectators at first anyhow, may be some time for them to change their mind.

That community is Democrat central, I would not be surprised. 

• Like 2
  • Fist Bump 1

8 hours ago, Danner27 said:

That community is Democrat central, I would not be surprised. 

“That community is Democrat central, I would not be surprised.”........So effing what, Benji?  You keep up with the political bullshit only when it’s convenient for you.  The sport is moving forward here in PA and not a word from you on Wolfie changing his position on inside gatherings?  The last time I checked, things look back to normal for youth hockey, but contrary to your constant ramblings that nothing would start until November or worse, next year.  Could it be you were wrong yet again?    

And I quote - “Expect info from PIHL at the end of October.”

Tell that to the PIHL teams that played 5 on 5 this evening with full benches and spectators.  

Edited by fafa fohi

12 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

“That community is Democrat central, I would not be surprised.”........So effing what, Benji?  You keep up with the political bullshit only when it’s convenient for you.  The sport is moving forward here in PA and not a word from you on Wolfie changing his position on inside gatherings?  The last time I checked, things look back to normal for youth hockey, but contrary to your constant ramblings that nothing would start until November or worse, next year.  Could it be you were wrong yet again?    

And I quote - “Expect info from PIHL at the end of October.”

Tell that to the PIHL teams that played 5 on 5 this evening with full benches and spectators.  

I cant believe I'm defending @Danner27 right now. But his statement has merritt...pihl did in fact play 5v5....but if your team played at lebo, no fans were inside watching vs other rinks where fans were watching. So his post has some merit. 

Please note: I'm not starting a political argument with you....Or any argument and won't. Just stating a fact that mt lebo does not permit fans which other rinks do, so his post is not off the wall crazy based on what we all have witnessed in pa over the last few months....

2 hours ago, Hockey22 said:

I cant believe I'm defending @Danner27 right now. But his statement has merritt...pihl did in fact play 5v5....but if your team played at lebo, no fans were inside watching vs other rinks where fans were watching. So his post has some merit. 

Please note: I'm not starting a political argument with you....Or any argument and won't. Just stating a fact that mt lebo does not permit fans which other rinks do, so his post is not off the wall crazy based on what we all have witnessed in pa over the last few months....

That may be true, however Baierl and Neville are located in communities that are “Democrat central” yet those rinks are open with 5/5, full benches and spectators.

My point is he makes it political when it fits his agenda, and I find it comical him and others not acknowledging what Wolf did in reversing his position when all Benji-Danner did was bash him on this and other threads for months.  

4 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

That may be true, however Baierl and Neville are located in communities that are “Democrat central” yet those rinks are open with 5/5, full benches and spectators.

My point is he makes it political when it fits his agenda, and I find it comical him and others not acknowledging what Wolf did in reversing his position when all Benji-Danner did was bash him on this and other threads for months.  

Wolf needs bashed! Lebo rink is community owned. They don't have to worry about keeping the lights on. The community will bail him out.  I just can't believe that Wolf and his cronies didn't think this through.  Makes new mandates effective Friday instead of immediate.  The Friday thing to fit High School Football. What was different for 3 days. I have to believe that Wolf is done running for office and just doesn't care.  I have nothing good to say about Wolf and the way he handled this whole shutdown and nothing can convince me differently.

3 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wolf needs bashed! Lebo rink is community owned. They don't have to worry about keeping the lights on. The community will bail him out.  I just can't believe that Wolf and his cronies didn't think this through.  Makes new mandates effective Friday instead of immediate.  The Friday thing to fit High School Football. What was different for 3 days. I have to believe that Wolf is done running for office and just doesn't care.  I have nothing good to say about Wolf and the way he handled this whole shutdown and nothing can convince me differently.

Then move to Detroit where your kids have to wear a mask while on the ice.  Or move to NY where your kid has to travel out of state to play a game.  Better yet, move to Ontario where your kids can't play games at all and at practice must be six feet apart - while on the ice.

Or just piss and moan about the past.  Whatever makes you feel better go for it.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Hmm, every game I checked for JV and MS was a three period game.  So are you saying there were three period games played last night that were 4/4?

Well maybe I was told wrong then. I heard neither Lebo or Spencer were allowing full rosters last night and that at Spencer they actually made some of the kids who were getting ready to play leave the building to keep the 25 person in place until today.  I wasn't there but I'll see if I can verify. 

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

Well maybe I was told wrong then. I heard neither Lebo or Spencer were allowing full rosters last night and that at Spencer they actually made some of the kids who were getting ready to play leave the building to keep the 25 person in place until today.  I wasn't there but I'll see if I can verify. 

I can't verify at Spencer, but my boy played 5v5 at Ice Castle last night.

11 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Baierl, Democrat central... Um, not so much. 

4 hours ago, Hockey22 said:

Baierl, Democrat central... Um, not so much. 

Not wanting to turn this into a political discussion, but facts are facts.

Check out 2018 results from the 17th Congressional district which Conor Lamb won, US Senate and Governor.  This includes Pine, Warrendale, Wexford and Franklin Park districts that voted heavy on the Democratic side.  For the 2016 General, Hillary won by 16%.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/pennsylvania/

https://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/pennsylvania/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Not wanting to turn this into a political discussion, but facts are facts.

Check out 2018 results from the 17th Congressional district which Conor Lamb won, US Senate and Governor.  This includes Pine, Warrendale, Wexford and Franklin Park districts that voted heavy on the Democratic side.  For the 2016 General, Hillary won by 16%.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/pennsylvania/

https://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/pennsylvania/

Dude. Read what I wrote. I'm not sure people living around the rink who don't even know there is a rink there have any influence in what a rink does. You need to find another hobby vs this board.   

• Like 1
  • ROTF 1