Any word on PIHL games?

I know I have a call in with the PIHL this week, I hope to have some official answers.

I do know that we are not going to be at as many games (PittsburghHockeyDigest) for obvious reasons, but are offering broadcasting again and pre-determined coverage.

I know some of last years broadcasts weren’t very high quality and left a lot to be desired, but I’ve worked on fixing things in the off-season. I was learning as I went and it showed. Hopefully they translate to a better product. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I know I have a call in with the PIHL this week, I hope to have some official answers.

I do know that we are not going to be at as many games (PittsburghHockeyDigest) for obvious reasons, but are offering broadcasting again and pre-determined coverage.

I know some of last years broadcasts weren’t very high quality and left a lot to be desired, but I’ve worked on fixing things in the off-season. I was learning as I went and it showed. Hopefully they translate to a better product. 

I appreciate the effort. It's great someone is trying to provide more coverage of local hockey.

• Like 4

On 10/13/2020 at 12:38 PM, Mitch said:

I’ve had my call moved back twice so far, so I’m assuming the league is trying to get their ducks in a row before talking to anyone.

It’s getting close to go-time, I would bet.

Anyone hearing any rumblings of teams with positive cases of Covid but not reporting?  I've heard some rumors of different teams with current positive cases but are keeping the news in house as much as possible.  Hoping this isn't happening, but certainly wouldn't be surprised if it is.

2 hours ago, sutton said:

Anyone hearing any rumblings of teams with positive cases of Covid but not reporting?  I've heard some rumors of different teams with current positive cases but are keeping the news in house as much as possible.  Hoping this isn't happening, but certainly wouldn't be surprised if it is.

What requirement would they have to share?

• 100 1

8 hours ago, sutton said:

I'm sure they are. 

By what I was told today there’s still a number of things that need to be hashed out on the schedule but what’s on the league site is legit.

We were approved to cover games again by the league (including live broadcasts), which we were concerned about counting against capacity limits and are going to try to contact home associations to clear the space.

We have to submit our coverage games earlier than last year, however and will be only broadcasting from rinks that have the technical capability (wired-in) until we figure out some stuff on our end, which we will be working on in progress. 2-3 games a week to start. Wifi was horrible for livestream, so we’re going to avoid it.

I think it’s something at least 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 4:48 PM, BeaverFalls said:

What requirement would they have to share?

I would assume schools would report in general, teams like Peters are rumored to apparently be in quarantine now but you don't see that anywhere.  I don't know how the PIHL is going to make it work if teams have outbreaks and are shut down for 2 weeks.  I mean as it stands now, IF Peters is actually shut down, this will take them right up to the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, sutton said:

I would assume schools would report in general, teams like Peters are rumored to apparently be in quarantine now but you don't see that anywhere.  I don't know how the PIHL is going to make it work if teams have outbreaks and are shut down for 2 weeks.  I mean as it stands now, IF Peters is actually shut down, this will take them right up to the beginning of the season.

I heard rumors the following teams had cases and were shut down

-Peters Varsity

-QV Varsity

-Hempfield Varsity

-Mt. Lebo Varsity

-Montour Varsity

-Baldwin Varsity

-Mt. Lebo Travel (U16)

5 hours ago, hockey57410 said:

-Peters Varsity

-QV Varsity

-Hempfield Varsity

-Mt. Lebo Varsity

-Montour Varsity

-Baldwin Varsity

-Mt. Lebo Travel (U16)

You made an account to post this ? It’s the flu, every team is going to get it, every player that gets it will be fine. PPE,  esmark along with some Pahl teams all have cases. I’ve had two family members test positive, the “regular” flu the past few years made them more sick. 

• Like 2
  • ROTF 1

7 hours ago, sutton said:

Let’s also report the number of herpes cases on the roster as well. 

Unfortunately this is how it's gonna be now. The doomsayers that can't wait to shout out .... "[Insert team name] has been shutdown!" Just go away. Hide in your basement until the vaccine is ready.

And if anyone listened to the PIHL call last night, they have plans to rearrange schedules as need be to work around teams being unable to play. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, fafa fohi said:

LOL

Thanks for the laughs Benji-Danner.  Did you tell that to your son when he was skating at Alpha when everywhere else was shut down and abiding by the rules?

My Oldest picked up covid in September. He had a low grade fever for two days along with minor drainage that caused a slight sore throat. Like I said, we’ve had the regular flu run through our family that was much worse.

• Like 1

Telling people how Covid-19 is such a weak, wimpy virus will surely help the grieving families of our quarter of a million people that have died as a result of contracting it. It surely won't help prevent more infections & more deaths. History will not be kind to those that have downplayed the severity.  

Edited by Quinlan2020a
  • Like 2
  • Barf 1

17 minutes ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Telling people how Covid-19 is such a weak, wimpy virus will surely help the grieving families of our quarter of a million people that have died as a result of contracting it. It surely won't help prevent more infections & more deaths. History will not be kind to those that have downplayed the severity.  

So please tell us - why the new profile name with the “a” added to the end? 

On 10/22/2020 at 9:37 AM, hockey57410 said:

-Peters Varsity

-QV Varsity

-Hempfield Varsity

-Mt. Lebo Varsity

-Montour Varsity

-Baldwin Varsity

-Mt. Lebo Travel 

Not true at all. Good rumor though.