ATC Scholastic League

ATC Scholastic Development Hockey League

MISSION FOR THE LEAGUE:

ATC’s Scholastic Leagues will support team and player development for local scholastic programs. The mission is to promote sportsmanship and competition while playing in a scholastic hockey environment. It is a great way to not only develop the players and the teams but also foster an atmosphere of school pride.

FEATURES & HIGHLIGHTS:

• Middle School Division - Grades 6-8 (14U)  Even all 08 players, no 25% rule.

• Elementary School Division - Grades 2-5 (12U) Development Teams

• Eligibility is based on school district of residence

• Current Co-op teams are welcome and new co-ops may be formed with the approval of the league commissioner

• Games are three 13 minute periods

• 15 games Plus Playoffs

• Competitive balance is paramount to player development – if there is a need to determine team placement, a placement game may be required

• Playoff Champion and Runner Up Awards

• Scorekeepers for all games

• Certified Referees for all games

• No Checking in either division

• Playing rules will be those used by USA hockey

• League Commissioner

SEASON SCHEDULE:

• October – Mid-March

• Game days – Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday evenings.

• Existing practice schedules for teams will be considered when creating the game schedule

• Games begin October 12th 2020

• League Playoffs in early to Mid-March

• Team roster, schedules and stats will be posted on ATC website

• All major tournament weekends for amateur hockey will be bye weeks

COST AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE:

• Season fee is $4800

• $1500 due upon registration

• Registration deadline is September 21st

• 3 payments of $1100 due on the 15th of October, November and December

6 hours ago, TourneyGuy said:

MISSION FOR THE LEAGUE:

ATC’s Scholastic Leagues will support team and player development for local scholastic programs. The mission is to promote sportsmanship and competition while playing in a scholastic hockey environment. It is a great way to not only develop the players and the teams but also foster an atmosphere of school pride.

FEATURES & HIGHLIGHTS:

• Current Co-op teams are welcome and new co-ops may be formed with the approval of the league commissioner

• 15 games Plus Playoffs

• Competitive balance is paramount to player development – if there is a need to determine team placement, a placement game may be required

• League Commissioner

SEASON SCHEDULE:

• October – Mid-March

• Existing practice schedules for teams will be considered when creating the game schedule

• Season fee is $4800

You guys should start a varsity league, it’s about time someone kicks PIHL to the curb! 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

50 minutes ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

I agree. The PIHL kind of started off bad, with a one-size-fits-all approach and never really recovered. It's worked out well for some teams for sure, but a lot of others have folded.

Only one of my two boys played in PIHL. The experience wasn’t all that great for him. scheduling, refs and the way the league was run in general. With good leadership, it could become a great experience. My niece was going to play middle school hockey this year, I’m glad she opted to wait another year. Having young children put a mask on after a shift, when they need oxygen the most Is completely idiotic. Whomever came up with that policy should be fired, that’s a health & safety risk in my opinion. Are PIHL positions still payed positions ? the commissioner needs to go! 

1 hour ago, nemesis8679 said:

Yeah, seems a bit expensive to be honest. 

Seriously??? Do you realize what PIHL charges MS teams...for less games! This is a deal.  PIHL, 14 games + playoffs - 12 minute periods. ATC, 15 games + playoffs - 13 minute periods for a lot less money than PIHL charges....and you don't have to worry about the stupid 25% PW rule imposed by Mid-Am.

Edited by powderfinger

6 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Isn't that a total team price?  If so it's a good price at 240.00 per kid for 20 players on a roster.

If that's the case, I would have signed my kid up in a second. Is this per team, not player? Also would have pushed the board to go in this direction. Is this being marketed well? How are we only hearing about it now, shortly before it starts? I can't see people NOT wanting this if that's really the case. I'm paying between $1000 and $2000 right now for a middle school team, which is per player. 

Although I'd bet the biggest obstacle would be the schools with jv/v teams in pihl not wanting to upset pihl. 

32 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

If that's the case, I would have signed my kid up in a second. Is this per team, not player? Also would have pushed the board to go in this direction. Is this being marketed well? How are we only hearing about it now, shortly before it starts? I can't see people NOT wanting this if that's really the case. I'm paying between $1000 and $2000 right now for a middle school team, which is per player. 

Although I'd bet the biggest obstacle would be the schools with jv/v teams in pihl not wanting to upset pihl. 

This is basically replacing PIHL games for MS teams who can't make a pihl roster due to the 25% rule. The cost for their games is less than PIHLs assessed fees (roughly $800).  This is most likely due to not playing at rinks who may have higher ice fees (lmx for example) However, you need to realize these teams still practice and are part of their school associations (just not playing PIHL) and that ice is paid by their associations, so in reality it's about the same cost/player as they would be paying if playing in PIHL. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 5:19 PM, TourneyGuy said:

MISSION FOR THE LEAGUE:

FEATURES & HIGHLIGHTS:

• 15 games Plus Playoffs

• League Commissioner

SEASON SCHEDULE:

• October – Mid-March

• Season fee is $4800

@TourneyGuy Can you verify season fee cost of $4,800 is for each player or for an entire team.......

I would venture most teams playing in this are playing because they cannot field a PIHL team due to PW roster limitations. Nothing PIHL can do to them, they wouldn't have been playing PIHL anyway and likely scheduling their own independent games. This league just makes it a lot easier. The money saved on PIHL assessment can be used to schedule more practices or independent games/tournaments.  

• 100 1

20 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow, that's pretty good for U14 teams.  I hope they put the league schedule and standings out. Do you know if they intend to play all games at Alpha?

From what I understand, all games are at Alpha.

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow, that's pretty good for U14 teams.  I hope they put the league schedule and standings out. Do you know if they intend to play all games at Alpha?

Fairly certain the schedule, standings and player stats will all be kept on their web site once games start.

• Like 1