ATC Scholastic League

21 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

Are you hoping it goes well or do you want it to fail?

I hope it goes well. I think it is a great concept. There are a lot of schools that can't field a team because of the 25% rule.  This could be a good opportunity for more kids to play.  

Actually I would like all the teams in Western Pa to do well. More importantly the kids have fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Handey said:

I don't want to see anyone fail but it seems we already have a local 12u league.  Why not just play in the existing league?

What other U12 SCHOOL league is there cause I don't know of one?  It ain't PIHL, that's U14 hence the 25% rule that is killing a lot of clubs.

Edited by powderfinger
  • Like 1
  • 100 2

38 minutes ago, TourneyGuy said:

Currently you can see game scores and standings here-

https://app.gameonmobile.com/organization/4884/league/9677/schedule

This is temporary until we get our new website up.

Great start.  Is that Middle School or Grade School?  14U or 12U?   A great start to some competition for the PIHL.  I can see this growing into something very positive in the future.  Does anyone know what it costs to play in the PIHL per team.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TourneyGuy is that site you sent for the ATC League standings and info available anywhere yet?  How is the league going at this point?  I don't understand why organizations don't do a better job promoting themselves. Seems to me that you could attract more if you showed off your product more.  This seems to be a problem with a lot of organizations.  Not just Hockey!  Anyway I still hope you guys succeed with this and give PIHL a run for the money.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When we return to play in January ATC Scholastic League will be accepting Middle School (14u) and Elementary (12u) teams to compete in our second half of the season. It doesnt matter if your team is really good or lower level. Teams will receive 8 games plus playoffs for $2400. Please email Dave Schueler at schueler209@comcast.net if interested. So far we have had great success and wish to have more teams competing the second half of the season. 

14 hours ago, TourneyGuy said:

When we return to play in January ATC Scholastic League will be accepting Middle School (14u) and Elementary (12u) teams to compete in our second half of the season. It doesnt matter if your team is really good or lower level. Teams will receive 8 games plus playoffs for $2400. Please email Dave Schueler at schueler209@comcast.net if interested. So far we have had great success and wish to have more teams competing the second half of the season. 

Sure would be nice if your website was more user friendly and updated more often.  I tried to access it the other day to see how things were going and it still had teams with only 2 games played.  What is the deadline to try to get into the 2nd half of the season?  Thanks   Also your website needs to list rosters and stats for the 14U's at least. If you truly want to compete with the PIHL you have to do better than them.  Just my 2 cents that is not worth much. Haha

Due to covid some teams have only played 2 games at 12u. Every game is updated within 24 hours of being played. We have all the rosters loaded. we could easily make them open to the public. We just havent done so.

Deadline to join second half would be Mid Jan. Say the 15th.