Quick Shot - COVID Update

I'm sure everyone here either has, or soon will, see the attached file, probably from their organization or business manager. Is this a prelude to stopping hockey entirely for a while? Or maybe to banning spectators from the stands again?

Is there anyone connected enough to have insight on what PAHL is thinking?

Quick Shot_Covid Update 11.5.20.pdf

I know there have been some complaints from Baierl about spectators hanging around the lobby after games. For the most part, the masks and social distancing aren't an issue it's that loitering around waiting for their kid....just go outside, I don't understand how hard that is for people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HockeyMom5 said:

Can’t they just make masks a requirement and if you can’t wear a mask due to health issues, you cannot enter. Watch on livebarn

I haven't been to a rink that doesn't require masking. But there are still people who disregard, and I don't blame some kid making minimum wage for not getting into it with those folks. The scofflaws will ruin it for everyone.

Whoever works there needs to be given explicit authority to tell anyone not following mask/distance rules to leave the premises. And told that they need to do it. If there's a problem, call the police. They're private property rinks, so just throw them out. If someone walked in without pants, it's the same thing. Make them leave. If a continuing issue with the sane people, ban them from entry for 30 days. End of story. Watch everyone start following the rules. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

Whoever works there needs to be given explicit authority to tell anyone not following mask/distance rules to leave the premises. And told that they need to do it. If there's a problem, call the police. They're private property rinks, so just throw them out. If someone walked in without pants, it's the same thing. Make them leave. If a continuing issue with the sane people, ban them from entry for 30 days. End of story. Watch everyone start following the rules. 

Actually, I think this letter would be a pretty effective deterrent. I've been saying it, even precovid, parent behavior is so bad it's just going to be easier to kick them out than continue to deal with all their BS.  New York started doing it, gave the refs authority to kick everyone out. And they do it! 

Then you know who starts policing the bad apples?  The other parents on the teams who want to watch their kids play. They tell the idiots to cut it out. We've all been on teams with those parents. If we complain to our team manager and organization, maybe then the bad apples get banned from games by the home organization and we can all watch in peace. The business owner doesn't need to get involved . The ref doesn't need to stop a game to address someone in the stands. No police. Don't they have better things to do?

We ask too much from business owners sometimes, I think. Why do we put the onus on them to police the behavior? It's not like the rinks make big bucks. Let's start pushing back on the bad eggs ourselves. 

But wait....no one wants to say anything to them. Afraid to get involved. After all, they are kind of crazy.... Then why should we ask a fifteen year old kid making minimum wage to do it, if we as adults who know who the idiots are on our team don't want to do it? Or the rink, who may have other things to deal with at the time other than monitor 'grown ups'.

I think it is time that we as a society start demanding better behavior from the people around us. The people who are tasked with doing it are tired. Too often we look away. Otherwise, the bad apples will freaking ruin things for everyone. They already are. Can't get people to ref, harder to find volunteer coaches...how far down this path do we want to go?

• Like 2
  • 100 1

14 minutes ago, Saucey said:

Actually, I think this letter would be a pretty effective deterrent. I've been saying it, even precovid, parent behavior is so bad it's just going to be easier to kick them out than continue to deal with all their BS.  New York started doing it, gave the refs authority to kick everyone out. And they do it! 

Then you know who starts policing the bad apples?  The other parents on the teams who want to watch their kids play. They tell the idiots to cut it out. We've all been on teams with those parents. If we complain to our team manager and organization, maybe then the bad apples get banned from games by the home organization and we can all watch in peace. The business owner doesn't need to get involved . The ref doesn't need to stop a game to address someone in the stands. No police. Don't they have better things to do?

We ask too much from business owners sometimes, I think. Why do we put the onus on them to police the behavior? It's not like the rinks make big bucks. Let's start pushing back on the bad eggs ourselves. 

But wait....no one wants to say anything to them. Afraid to get involved. After all, they are kind of crazy.... Then why should we ask a fifteen year old kid making minimum wage to do it, if we as adults who know who the idiots are on our team don't want to do it? Or the rink, who may have other things to deal with at the time other than monitor 'grown ups'.

I think it is time that we as a society start demanding better behavior from the people around us. The people who are tasked with doing it are tired. Too often we look away. Otherwise, the bad apples will freaking ruin things for everyone. They already are. Can't get people to ref, harder to find volunteer coaches...how far down this path do we want to go?

Agree with this totally. Been on several teams where the coach and the manager address parent problems at the beginning of the season, enforce the rules when broken, and it has been a very enjoyable experience. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Seems that teams from out of state are not traveling to PA anymore!   Anybody else have teams from NY and Ohio canceling games?  How long before we get shut down again? Any predictions out there?

Bunch of NY teams coming to Philly this weekend for the SuperSeries Tournament.  Looks like the NJ teams had to drop out (except the one that says they are from Philly).  I also see at least one MD team on the schedule.

7 hours ago, carroll81 said:

Bunch of NY teams coming to Philly this weekend for the SuperSeries Tournament.  Looks like the NJ teams had to drop out (except the one that says they are from Philly).  I also see at least one MD team on the schedule.

I thought MD shut down to travel?maybe they are planning to quarantine after.

12 hours ago, carroll81 said:

Please keep us informed as to how many teams actually show up.  We have been scheduled to play NY teams the last 3 weekends and each time they cancel by mid week. Harder and harder to find games!

6 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Please keep us informed as to how many teams actually show up.  We have been scheduled to play NY teams the last 3 weekends and each time they cancel by mid week. Harder and harder to find games!

The "final" schedule just went up.  I don't see MD anymore, but I do see NC now.

You can follow along:

https://www.kreezee.com/hockey/tournament/philadelphia-superseries/19791/schedule