New restrictions

@Danner27, you do realize that your post there is an argument for not playing hockey at all, and no, in fact, an argument for not wearing masks while playing, right? I mean you do realize that is how the government would respond to that?

I have to assume it's your position that hockey should be shut down, then. I respectfully disagree. As long as they're allowed to, my kids will want to keep playing, mask or no mask, and I'd bet that almost every player in the region will take that same position. Once the enforcement effort is clear it will level out.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Once you breathe in the mask long enough during vigorous exercise your mask gets wet.  Especially if sweat is added. 

Detroit recently hosted AAA and AA teams at various rinks for the CCM event where all players had to wear masks on the ice.  To my knowledge, nobody from that or other events has died from it nor suffered from “bacterial infections” because of a wet mask.  

My son said this new policy “sucks” but if it means playing vs not playing he will comply so he can play.  

It could be worse - there are states where teams are completely shut down games for playing games in their home areas and are not permitted to travel at all.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Detroit recently hosted AAA and AA teams at various rinks for the CCM event where all players had to wear masks on the ice.  To my knowledge, nobody from that or other events has died from it nor suffered from “bacterial infections” because of a wet mask.  

My son said this new policy “sucks” but if it means playing vs not playing he will comply so he can play.  

It could be worse - there are states where teams are completely shut down games for playing games in their home areas and are not permitted to travel at all.

Like I said,  they wore them like extra chin straps. So, in reality,  they didn't wear masks on their face.

16 minutes ago, Rancho1 said:

Like I said,  they wore them like extra chin straps. So, in reality,  they didn't wear masks on their face.

Really?  Cause I was there and watched five games my son played in along with two other games.  And every single game prior to my sons, all players were wearing masks on their faces or neck gators pulled up above the nose.  Maybe the games I saw were completely different from yours, or were you not even there and commenting on what you heard?

46 minutes ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Luckily, all the workers doing hard, dirty jobs in hot environments through the years, while wearing masks, don't sweat.

What is your point?  He asked what relevance wet masks being bad were and I responded.  Your mask is going to get wet from water bottles, sweat, and vapor from your breath.  If a wet mask is ineffective, it's ineffective.  Don't blame me, talk to the CDC - I have no idea.  

5 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Because just like the pa government, they can not force players to wear mask, so for liability reasons they send out an email stating the leagues position. It’s been proven people are getting bacteria infections from wearing a mask to long, hockey players are going to be wearing wet masks. 

The organizations absolutely can force you to wear masks or a gator. Just like a helmet, cage, neck guard, or whatever. 

5 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Because just like the pa government, they can not force players to wear mask, so for liability reasons they send out an email stating the leagues position. It’s been proven people are getting bacteria infections from wearing a mask to long, hockey players are going to be wearing wet masks. 

The organizations absolutely can force you to wear masks or a gator. Just like a helmet, cage, neck guard, or whatever. 

3 hours ago, Lifelongbender said:

@Danner27, you do realize that your post there is an argument for not playing hockey at all, and no, in fact, an argument for not wearing masks while playing, right? I mean you do realize that is how the government would respond to that?

I have to assume it's your position that hockey should be shut down, then. I respectfully disagree. As long as they're allowed to, my kids will want to keep playing, mask or no mask, and I'd bet that almost every player in the region will take that same position. Once the enforcement effort is clear it will level out.

Today, I watched a tier 1 game at pia. no masks on the ice. My point is, this should not be a league decision, it should be the businesses decision. You have teams from all around the country  at pia this weekend, no mask “mandate” or “orders” in place on the ice. 

2 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Currently at pia, esmark is hosting thier first NAPHL showcase, no teams are wearing masks on the ice. As I stated it’s not a “mandate” or an “order” it is a recommendation. The businesses (rinks) should be making this call, not PAHL or PIHL. 

2 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Really?  Cause I was there and watched five games my son played in along with two other games.  And every single game prior to my sons, all players were wearing masks on their faces or neck gators pulled up above the nose.  Maybe the games I saw were completely different from yours, or were you not even there and commenting on what you heard?

They must have been COMPLETELY different,  or you are just lying to support your narrative.

• Fist Bump 1

39 minutes ago, Rancho1 said:

They must have been COMPLETELY different,  or you are just lying to support your narrative.

How do I say this politely........you are full of shit.  I was there, kid. Played and saw games at Victory, Artic Edge / Coliseum and Novi rinks. All players were wearing masks.  Is it now time to confess that you weren’t there?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

How do I say this politely........you are full of shit.  I was there, kid. Played and saw games at Victory, Artic Edge / Coliseum and Novi rinks. All players were wearing masks.  Is it now time to confess that you weren’t there?

Confess? He will double-down. That's the tone that has been set by his cult leader. Never confess, never apologize & accuse others of what you are guilty of.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Confess? He will double-down. That's the tone that has been set by his cult leader. Never confess, never apologize & accuse others of what you are guilty of.

No players wearing masks, no refs, nobody involved in the game - PIA today. 

11 hours ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Just gotta ask for added clarity. 

Cult leader; is that the Democrat Party cult leader or the Republican Party cult leader. 

Asking for a friend again.