New restrictions

18 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Really?  Cause I was there and watched five games my son played in along with two other games.  And every single game prior to my sons, all players were wearing masks on their faces or neck gators pulled up above the nose.  Maybe the games I saw were completely different from yours, or were you not even there and commenting on what you heard?

Can't speak for @Rancho1 but we were there too and it was about 50/50. I can tell you my son was one of the ones that had the mask on down to his chin along with many of his teammates. He now has the one that attaches to his cage and it seems to work out better

2 hours ago, BLC said:

Can't speak for @Rancho1 but we were there too and it was about 50/50. I can tell you my son was one of the ones that had the mask on down to his chin along with many of his teammates. He now has the one that attaches to his cage and it seems to work out better

Nope.  They All wore them.  Unless you show hotel, restaurant, and gas receipts  you weren't there.  

• ROTF 1

On 11/20/2020 at 4:00 PM, Danner27 said:

Today, I watched a tier 1 game at pia. no masks on the ice. My point is, this should not be a league decision, it should be the businesses decision. You have teams from all around the country  at pia this weekend, no mask “mandate” or “orders” in place on the ice. 

The Governor released an update to the mandate that responded to the portion of the CDC recommendations saying that if masks can't be worn due to the protective equipment or level of exertion they should not be worn. That was Friday. So any "I saw a game where nobody was wearing masks" claim about this is now unimportant.

My son's team played two midget games this weekend. At both, some of the players were wearing masks despite the fact that they weren't required anymore for personal preference reasons. At both games both of the refs were wearing them, at least most of the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lifelongbender said:

The Governor released an update to the mandate that responded to the portion of the CDC recommendations saying that if masks can't be worn due to the protective equipment or level of exertion they should not be worn. That was Friday. So any "I saw a game where nobody was wearing masks" claim about this is now unimportant.

My son's team played two midget games this weekend. At both, some of the players were wearing masks despite the fact that they weren't required anymore for personal preference reasons. At both games both of the refs were wearing them, at least most of the time.

It sounds like PAHL has reversed their decision now, my nieces team is not required to wear them on the ice. Someone needs to tell PIHL, I was told they are going through with it. 

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

Wolf decreased the indoor capacity allowed to 10% today.  I don't know if that will have any impact on hockey or not?  Maybe back to restrictions on spectators?

Obviously dependent on venue size. Idk what some of the smaller venues are considering their capacity. Hopefully 300+ or were looking not having enough players and officials to play full games. 

4 hours ago, TheRightCall said:

Word on the street is that an official from the NAHL/NAPHL event this past weekend has tested positive and that all teams and officials are encouraged to get tested.

Heard the same, coaches are “encouraged” to get tested, I didn’t hear anything about players.

4 hours ago, BeaverFalls said:

Obviously dependent on venue size. Idk what some of the smaller venues are considering their capacity. Hopefully 300+ or were looking not having enough players and officials to play full games. 

I assumed it was based on fire code (capacity posted next to every entrance) but maybe I'm nuts. I was wondering if there is an online site to see capacity from place to place. 

This is the rinks shutting themselves down.  Call of 23 rink at Penn is also closed.

There was a shutdown/pause of all the rinks in Montgomery County a few weeks ago that was at the request of the Health Department, due to contact tracing linking the rinks to some cases.  They were closed for 2 weeks and are now open again.

With the travel restrictions in PA right now where technically a team shouldn't travel in without a negative test or 14 days of quarantine, how is Pens Elite hosting Seacoast this coming weekend?  I believe on other teams I have seen Team Maryland and Little Caps coming in as well.

In PAHL, Phantoms, Nailers and Blades aren't being permitted to come in and play per the state orders, so how are the Pens skirting this?

10 minutes ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

With the travel restrictions in PA right now where technically a team shouldn't travel in without a negative test or 14 days of quarantine, how is Pens Elite hosting Seacoast this coming weekend?  I believe on other teams I have seen Team Maryland and Little Caps coming in as well.

In PAHL, Phantoms, Nailers and Blades aren't being permitted to come in and play per the state orders, so how are the Pens skirting this?

I'm not positive about teams coming here but our rules do say you can travel somewhere else as long as you don't spend more than 24 hours there. Might be true of teams coming here?

9 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Where is that 24 hour thing coming from?  First time I have heard of it.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx

Scroll down to exceptions and it says:

What are the exemptions to the travel Order?

• Individuals traveling to and from the Commonwealth for the purposes of work.
  • Individuals who are returning to the Commonwealth after traveling outside the Commonwealth for less than 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx

Scroll down to exceptions and it says:

What are the exemptions to the travel Order?

• Individuals traveling to and from the Commonwealth for the purposes of work.
  • Individuals who are returning to the Commonwealth after traveling outside the Commonwealth for less than 24 hours. 

Thanks, I didn't see that one. So why then are the WV and Ohio teams in PAHL not playing?

2 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Thanks, I didn't see that one. So why then are the WV and Ohio teams in PAHL not playing?

No clue?  First - I'm not sure if that applies to teams coming into PA or just if we leave and come back within 24 hours.  Also I have no idea what rules WV or OH might have?