More shutdowns?

9 hours ago, bender05 said:

The article has been updated to say the governor's office said "not true".   Today is usually the Allegheny County Health Department update let's see what they say. 

Monday Wolf imposed nothing new.

Tuesday Fitzgerald was reported to have been ready to impose new restrictions.

Later Tuesday, it became nothing new because the State would be imposing new restrictions today.

Even later Tuesday, the Governor's office denied this would happen.

So typical of the politicians.

Can't wait to see what disinformation will be next.

• 100 1

20 minutes ago, Wes said:

I sure hope not.  This is one of the only sports still active for kids.

I know that, without school to keep them socially engaged, my kids are relying on ice hockey practices and games for pretty much all of their interaction with their friends. This situation really sucks. Hopefully the governor/government will make reasonable decisions regarding hockey.

• Like 2

Hey, you guys are lucky.  Try living next door in NY with King Andy.  We haven't been allowed to play games or scrimmages in NYS all season, and most organization and/or counties are now prohibiting travel outside of the state to play hockey (not that much is open right now anyway!).  You guys in PA have it way better than most states and all I read is everyone bitching about how bad you have it.

Be grateful for what you have.  My bender has only played FOUR games this entire season - and they were all in NJ (5 1/2 hr. ride) where parents were not allowed in the rink.

I'd take what you have in PA in a minute.

13 minutes ago, hockeyparent101 said:

Hey, you guys are lucky.  Try living next door in NY with King Andy.  We haven't been allowed to play games or scrimmages in NYS all season, and most organization and/or counties are now prohibiting travel outside of the state to play hockey (not that much is open right now anyway!).  You guys in PA have it way better than most states and all I read is everyone bitching about how bad you have it.

Be grateful for what you have.  My bender has only played FOUR games this entire season - and they were all in NJ (5 1/2 hr. ride) where parents were not allowed in the rink.

I'd take what you have in PA in a minute.

We've been somewhat fortunate so far.  My son's team played a few games against a NY team early in the season, but had four games against two other NY teams subsequently canceled due to changes in NY's restrictions.  That said, he's only played 8 games for his amateur team this season due to postponements and cancellations.  They haven't played a game in 4 weeks.   At least he's getting on the ice several times a week...but games are needed for development.  

We'll see what happens. Shutdowns or not, there's still plenty of canceled games and practices because people just don't take it seriously and continue to spread it. Also, a team needs one kid to get it or have exposure to it to shut everything for that team down for two weeks. 

2 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

"This is fact."  Well, not exactly.........your document is dated June 1st and well over six months old when new cases were averaging 20,000 a day nationally.  In the past week alone, new cases are averaging over 180,000 nationally.  

For PA, back in June new cases were averaging roughly 500 per day and over the past week, the daily average here is over 8,000.

I would be curious to see that same file you provided based on the current wave along with updated projections.

As for @nemesis8679 quote "because people just don't take it seriously and continue to spread it" take a drive an hour or so outside of metro Pittsburgh or metro Philly.  For my job I spend lots of time in central PA and I could go to a grocery store and would never know there was a pandemic.  

2275D394-CCA0-4A18-B5A2-1849718AF461.jpeg

Edited by fafa fohi

20 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

Apples and Oranges, Fafa. Apples and Oranges.

Annual deaths and daily covid cases are two completely different entities. One would think that a "highly educated" person such as yourself would be able to comprehend that F-A-C-T.

God what an idiot. I provided an apples to apples comparison - daily new case counts in June vs Dec nationally, daily new case counts in June vs Dec locally.    I then provided the same exact comparison with regards to COVID related deaths.  Am I going too fast for you? 

You provided a document that is six months old to support your point, whatever the hell your point was.  Things are way different now, kid.  What was fact six months ago is not fact now, which I clearly pointed out with data to support my point.  Your document was entitled "Pennsylvania Death Projections" dated June 1st - did you even bother to read your own article?  If not let me know and I can help you with the big words.  Those same projections were made six months and over 200, 000 lives ago so your proof or F-A-C-T-S are irrelevant now.

It appears guys like yourself have trouble with facts and reality.  Just ask your BFF in the WH that lost, and lost by a lot........BIGLY.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1

can we keep discussions in this forum related to western pa hockey?   this + well wishes for Gov Wolf + politics should be moved to facebook/social media imho.    Seems like recently it's gotten derailed and needs admin moderation.    Yes, Covid-19 is a serious pandemic, but come on seriously guys.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bb2j3z said:

can we keep discussions in this forum related to western pa hockey?   this + well wishes for Gov Wolf + politics should be moved to facebook/social media imho.    Seems like recently it's gotten derailed and needs admin moderation.    Yes, Covid-19 is a serious pandemic, but come on seriously guys.

COVID - 19 is a serious pandemic just as you say, and has / will have a direct effect on the state of western PA hockey.  Rumor is rink shutdowns will begin this weekend.

Edited by fafa fohi

14 minutes ago, bb2j3z said:

It's easy for me to just skim over any garbage posts that have no relevance. Why don't you just try that instead of asking for some sort of censorship. Like fafa just said... Covid-19 directly affects the hockey world. If you don't want to discuss it.... Just ignore anything Covid-related and maybe you will feel better.

10 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

It's actually not my "opinion" that people are spreading it. It's a real-life thing, in case you haven't noticed. Notice how people have it, then more people get it? How 1/3 of people act like it's business as usual and are to snowflake to wear masks (or wear it right)? 

6 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

It's all shutdown till January 4th.  He didn't leave much out!  It will be interesting to see if all the Rinks obey the shutdown. 

It didn't seem totally clear to me. Indoor gatherings limited to 10 now (down from 25), but sports venues were given a percentage occupancy exemption based on square footage a couple months ago, There was no mention of that. School sports are definitely shut down. It seems likely that rinks will be shut down if gyms are, but I think we still need some clarification.

Edited by Quinlan2020a

23 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Unless somehow this rule is interpreted to only apply to school sports (I don't think so) hockey is over and I predict for the season. When these efforts aren't working Jan 4 he will extend. 

The wording as WPXI reported it specifically includes recreational sports. To wit:

• All sports at K-12 public schools, nonpublic schools, private schools and club, travel, recreational, intermural, and intramural sports are paused.

Pretty clear to me. It'll be interesting how they respond to the fictional interpretations of the rules the rinks used in the last shutdown to stay open.