More shutdowns?

1 minute ago, Lifelongbender said:

The wording as WPXI reported it specifically includes recreational sports. To wit:

Pretty clear to me. It'll be interesting how they respond to the fictional interpretations of the rules the rinks used in the last shutdown to stay open.

Yep that looks pretty clear cut. I don't know if those rinks even pretended to be following rules?  

• 100 1

8 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

rinks will all close but Harmer like normal... few teams will buy ice out of there like before and im sure some tier 1 teams will continue to play games out of there....

I doubt that a particular ice rink in the South Hills will slow down at all. they hardly did the last time.

51 minutes ago, Lifelongbender said:

I doubt that a particular ice rink in the South Hills will slow down at all. they hardly did the last time.

Let's not forget PIA. They "quietly went about their business" the entire shutdown. If I recall correctly, Ice Castle and Alpha did shutdown in March and April.

Regardless, it sucks for everyone. Players, parents, coaches, refs and EMT's will all be affected greatly and if this extends past January it may force the closure of some rinks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Quinlan2020a said:

I was thinking that maybe we could get some ice time at an outdoor rink, but this tells me that idea a no go as well.

image.thumb.png.6bc70f06a0bbb302bcaadf51e198c74a.png

Yes, no organized practices, games, or conditioning of any type with any number in any fashion. Stupidity at its finest. 

8 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Yes, no organized practices, games, or conditioning of any type with any number in any fashion. Stupidity at its finest. 

Times like these separate the kids that are serious from the ones that aren't at the higher age levels. I know my son is already planning his stepped up running and driveway workout regimen. There are going to be teams, in the A and B levels, who really fall off on the ice because of what their kids didn't do off the ice during this shutdown, especially with the holidays being in there.

Nice move to completely shut down the holidays, by the way. This is going to just kill businesses all over the state.

1 hour ago, Lifelongbender said:

Times like these separate the kids that are serious from the ones that aren't at the higher age levels. I know my son is already planning his stepped up running and driveway workout regimen. There are going to be teams, in the A and B levels, who really fall off on the ice because of what their kids didn't do off the ice during this shutdown, especially with the holidays being in there.

Nice move to completely shut down the holidays, by the way. This is going to just kill businesses all over the state.

As we inch closer to a public health catastrophe, doing nothing would go down in history as a dereliction of duty. I say this knowing that these moves just may not help a all. But what if things get better in the next few weeks? Things stabilized late this summer after similar moves were made. None of us know how to handle this, but the people making the decisions are doing what they are paid to do. We all make bad decisions at our jobs sometimes even when we try our best. But we can't go to work and just do nothing for fear of making a mistake. The horrible part about all of this as the choices involved are all about deciding what will kill less people. Every decision involves people getting hurt. What a mess.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Catastrophe. You Snowflakes sure love to use words to try to scare people.

Try these two words.

Natural Selection.

We all learned about it on National Geographic's Wild Kingdom but apparently some can't accept it.

Natural selection? Let's go and take peoples' heart meds, insulin, chemotherapy, etc. away then, too. Only the strong survive. F the rest. 

58 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

For you and Dr. Quinlan maybe. Stay home, lock the doors and hope that Michael Myers doesn't pick your house.

LOL. Obviously you haven't been reading my posts over the last ten months. I'm not at all with Quinlan about COVID. I only meant that there was a good bit of grousing about rinks staying open illicitly back the last time.

28 minutes ago, Lifelongbender said:

LOL. Obviously you haven't been reading my posts over the last ten months. I'm not at all with Quinlan about COVID. I only meant that there was a good bit of grousing about rinks staying open illicitly back the last time.

Where exactly am I with Covid? I don't claim to be anywhere with Covid. I say I am not qualified to make decisions on it. Others here think they know everything when they know about as much as me. I simply say it's best to trust experts in the field while others just cherrypick obscure opinions to convince themselves that they don't have to make any sacrifices for the sake of public health. I love hockey and I want my kids to play. I don't know what the risk of doing it is. I would feel a lot better about it if I knew that the adults in charge respected public health guidelines more. Some certainly do while others behave like it's 2019. 

2 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

Natural selection? Let's go and take peoples' heart meds, insulin, chemotherapy, etc. away then, too. Only the strong survive. F the rest. 

Just when I thought resident clown @sadday4hockey had reached the highest level possible in stupidity, he outdoes himself.......every single time.

At least he is consistent.

1 hour ago, BeaverFalls said:

This will further the separation between the haves and have nots in hockey. It’ll be interesting to see the results years down the line in each age group. 

I hate to say it because I'm sad about the kids losing hockey but as I said back in March the break for the kids that are being murdered going to hockey everyday is good for them.  Sorry people who are renting private ice every day for their squirt kids are just furthering the burnout

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeaverFalls said:

This will further the separation between the haves and have nots in hockey. It’ll be interesting to see the results years down the line in each age group. 

Stop being dramatic. 

3 weeks isn’t separating anything. 3 months isn’t separating anything. Talent is talent and it will rise to the top once everyone is caught up to speed. 

This is the type of non-sense that leads to the toxicity within the hockey community and this board. Giving unknowing parents anxiety. 

There are kids who slow down considerably over the off season, and come the 3rd week of practice in August they’re back to the top of the crop. 

Edited by ctil20
  • Like 3