More shutdowns?

5 hours ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

Yeah that looks like 50% capacity. I feel bad for the people who are following the rules and kind of getting screwed on this. Speaking of following the rules, at least two rinks are still allowing private ice rentals and/or adult league hockey.

Why not identify these two rinks?

1 hour ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Why not identify these two rinks?

Honestly, why bother? There is incredible inconsistency in the enforcement of the restrictions. Some rinks won’t take the chance of getting caught, while others have been told by local law enforcement that they won’t cite them if they are open.

If everyone continues to do whatever they want, the numbers won’t go down, and this shutdown will just be extended. People need to be wearing masks anytime they aren’t with people in their household, and respect each other’s personal space and we wouldn’t need a damn shutdown. No one has to stay home if we do a few simple things. But people are just too selfish to do that. Don’t inconvenience them. It’s everyone else’s responsibility to do what’s right. 

Everyone who is complaining about hockey and other sports being shutdown, ask your kids if they are wearing masks in the locker room. You may be hoping they are, but guess what - the majority aren’t. It’s a big joke to them. The players are missing games, but the downstream impact to the rinks, leagues, organizations, team managers, etc is huge. Is it worth it?

39 minutes ago, Ynot02 said:

Honestly, why bother? There is incredible inconsistency in the enforcement of the restrictions. Some rinks won’t take the chance of getting caught, while others have been told by local law enforcement that they won’t cite them if they are open.

If everyone continues to do whatever they want, the numbers won’t go down, and this shutdown will just be extended. People need to be wearing masks anytime they aren’t with people in their household, and respect each other’s personal space and we wouldn’t need a damn shutdown. No one has to stay home if we do a few simple things. But people are just too selfish to do that. Don’t inconvenience them. It’s everyone else’s responsibility to do what’s right. 

Everyone who is complaining about hockey and other sports being shutdown, ask your kids if they are wearing masks in the locker room. You may be hoping they are, but guess what - the majority aren’t. It’s a big joke to them. The players are missing games, but the downstream impact to the rinks, leagues, organizations, team managers, etc is huge. Is it worth it?

Exactly right. So many things can be done safely, but people just won't take any precautions for whatever reason. As a result, we all suffer these restrictions. My kids have not been permitted to use the locker rooms this season. I made that decision even before several kids told mine how masks weren't popular in the locker rooms. My kids enter almost fully dressed, tie their skate in the lobby and have to sit away from the others on the bench. Luckily, our teams have small rosters that allow the bench space.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Quinlan2020a said:

Exactly right. So many things can be done safely, but people just won't take any precautions for whatever reason. As a result, we all suffer these restrictions. My kids have not been permitted to use the locker rooms this season. I made that decision even before several kids told mine how masks weren't popular in the locker rooms. My kids enter almost fully dressed, tie their skate in the lobby and have to sit away from the others on the bench. Luckily, our teams have small rosters that allow the bench space.

So have your kids been infected? I'm guessing they have not been infected so it sounds like you are saying that the people who are getting infected are lax with the safety rules. It's there own fault they are infected. They certainly know the risks.  I won't feel bad for them when the hospitals run out of beds. They made their choice.  I don't appreciate the government making the choice for me. Then you hear Wolf say he did everything right and still got infected. I have a hard time understanding the big spike. Eventually all the people that are masking and social distancing will be the ones without infection right?  All the people who didn't wear masks and social distance will have been infected and maybe that along with the vaccine will be the end of all this madness.

If I am understanding correctly, PAHL & PIHL are shut down for 3 weeks. My nieces pahl team shut down. I know PPE is following these guidelines but I was just told something today that frankly, I couldn’t believe. The predators PAHL teams practiced all weekend! some of the teams are looking to buy extra ice at ice castle to continue to practice. This folks is why we can’t have nice things! We are talking about PAHL teams! Parents are still this delusional these days ? 

it’s not a secret, I am against lockdowns but this isn’t really a lockdown like we had last time. When just looking at hockey (as we should on this board) it’s more like a 3 week mid season break if the seasons resume early January as stated.   

let your hockey playing kids be kids and enjoy the holiday break. follow the stupid rules and in no time you can again, dream of your child going from PAHL to NCAA D1 !!!

I have officiated quite a bunch of PAHL and independent games (teams from all over) since the season started; I wear a mask into the rink, but it is off as soon as I enter the officials room. Knock on wood--I have not contracted the virus--or at least showed symptoms. No one in my household has either. I am active in communicating with the players and I really have not "avoided" close contact on the ice during scrums and such. Am I lucky? Did I have it back in November/December of last year? I am flummoxed, but maybe I have just been luck.

What is causing the actual spread? Where is this happening? I really do not know, but I do wear my mask at retail stores and going to the ref room and to the parking lot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheRightCall said:

I have officiated quite a bunch of PAHL and independent games (teams from all over) since the season started; I wear a mask into the rink, but it is off as soon as I enter the officials room. Knock on wood--I have not contracted the virus--or at least showed symptoms. No one in my household has either. I am active in communicating with the players and I really have not "avoided" close contact on the ice during scrums and such. Am I lucky? Did I have it back in November/December of last year? I am flummoxed, but maybe I have just been luck.

What is causing the actual spread? Where is this happening? I really do not know, but I do wear my mask at retail stores and going to the ref room and to the parking lot.

I don't believe that on the ice, in fleeting moments of closeness, in a big arena, that there is enough viral load to easily infect anybody. 

Locker rooms, carpooling, sleep-overs, the kids' parents taking advantage of "freedom" to go to bars, restaurants, and being generally careless is where I would wager players are getting it. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Well I guess the shutdown doesn't apply to a local organization. it is confirmed that the Esmark teams are all traveling to Dallas Texas this weekend to continue to play. HOW are they even able to pull this off since EVERY team seems to be on a pause BUT them?  Wonder if mid am knows about this?

25 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

I don't believe that on the ice, in fleeting moments of closeness, in a big arena, that there is enough viral load to easily infect anybody. 

Locker rooms, carpooling, sleep-overs, the kids' parents taking advantage of "freedom" to go to bars, restaurants, and being generally careless is where I would wager players are getting it. 

I think if kids were getting it on the ice, hockey teams would be a house on fire.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

58 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

Well I guess the shutdown doesn't apply to a local organization. it is confirmed that the Esmark teams are all traveling to Dallas Texas this weekend to continue to play. HOW are they even able to pull this off since EVERY team seems to be on a pause BUT them?  Wonder if mid am knows about this?

All of them, or just the older teams? 

1 hour ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

The Governor's order, from my understanding, only requires that youth sports organizations cease from operation in the state of PA.  It doesn't prevent them from going to a state where hockey is allowed. NY teams did this at the beginning of the season until tighter restrictions were mandated. 

I guess in this case, Esmark players and coaches will be asked to quarantine for 10 days when they return, have a negative covid test within 72 hours or after 5 days of quarantining.

• Like 1

Esmark is Esmark, they will always play second fiddle to PPE. If you folks think PPE is strictly about making money, esmark is much worse in that regard, but that’s a debate for a different time. If esmark is going to Texas it’s more than likely a league event for them. 

The predators PAHL teams practicing still after PAHL shut down really made me scratch my head. The two situations (esmark) are not comparing apples to apples. My nieces team got an email from their organization stating games, practices and team events are on hold for now under the direction of PAHL. 

20 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

The predators PAHL teams practicing still after PAHL shut down really made me scratch my head. The two situations (esmark) are not comparing apples to apples. My nieces team got an email from their organization stating games, practices and team events are on hold for now under the direction of PAHL. 

Not defended the Preds because I have zero affiliation with them whatsoever, BUT the direction from the PAHL is only that league games and jamborees are suspended. Says nothing about practices and team events. 

31 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Esmark is Esmark, they will always play second fiddle to PPE. If you folks think PPE is strictly about making money, esmark is much worse in that regard, but that’s a debate for a different time. If esmark is going to Texas it’s more than likely a league event for them. 

Just curious as to why Esmark plays 2nd fiddle to PPE when Esmark has had more players drafted into the NHL over the last 2yrs (1)than the PPE have in their entire 8yr existence (0).??? Esmark is about $$$ but the 3 parents i know that have kids there have been offered $$$ back because of the shut downs ???, what have the PPE offered????? Nothing but oh well and by the way since the NHL is starting back up you won't be allowed in our facility at all just like when the playoffs started. Good thing they got knocked out in the first round or all those parents would be paying for nothing but that name. 

Esmark has had MULTIPLE calls from PPE parents and kids that wanted out before a 2nd shutdown but the PPE refused to release them. 

12 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

You guys should call the morality police on them.

Start with Rachel Madow and Anderson Cooper then sprinkle in a little Joy (Behar and Reid) and then let Whoopi scoop them up and throw them all in jail.

Looks like you are taking the 50th time your BFF lost the general election in full stride.  One of my favorite websites is loser.com - check it out. 

Poor whiny snowflake.  

34 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Just curious as to why Esmark plays 2nd fiddle to PPE when Esmark has had more players drafted into the NHL over the last 2yrs (1)than the PPE have in their entire 8yr existence (0).??? Esmark is about $$$ but the 3 parents i know that have kids there have been offered $$$ back because of the shut downs ???, what have the PPE offered????? Nothing but oh well and by the way since the NHL is starting back up you won't be allowed in our facility at all just like when the playoffs started. Good thing they got knocked out in the first round or all those parents would be paying for nothing but that name. 

Esmark has had MULTIPLE calls from PPE parents and kids that wanted out before a 2nd shutdown but the PPE refused to release them. 

Obviously PPE has the more prestigious name and is backed by the Pens organization.  Plus those families drink the kool-aid from the time their kids start skating until they get a dose of reality. Is Esmark more expensive than PPE? Just curious!

• Like 1