More shutdowns?

3 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Not to mention location, pia is in a drug infested ghetto. That area has been discussed here multiple times. 

What difference does it make? Is the arena drug-infested? I haven't had any problems there. 

Alpha's in Harmar, you got Rostraver, you got Frozen Pond in the confederacy of Butler, none are in the middle of Bel Air. 

The ice is still frozen the same at all these places. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

What difference does it make? Is the arena drug-infested? I haven't had any problems there. 

Alpha's in Harmar, you got Rostraver, you got Frozen Pond in the confederacy of Butler, none are in the middle of Bel Air. 

The ice is still frozen the same at all these places. 

Stop in the sheets at 10-11pm pre covid...  they installed black lights in the bathrooms to stop people from shooting up. 

33 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

The “old king” knowing who your son was is no badge of honor.  

it really wasn’t, I argued with the guy enough, also found out why he left and wanted everything deleted. Point was in real life, he knew who I was and my kids. 

15 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Drank the kool aid ? Let me know when your kid makes a NAHL team at 17 years old. If your kid is still playing 18u AAA, chances are extremely slim he gets a real juniors opportunity, he’s done and not going anywhere. All the top talent is gone by that age. The kids have all been identified, drafted etc.

Sounds like he was burnt out, was it really worth all the organization jumping? And now bickering “my kid was better than yours” cmon

• Fist Bump 1

11 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Time to get back to the topic at hand!  Who here really thinks we will get back to play on January 4th?  Maybe we should start a Pool and all pick dates as to when we think we might actually get back to Hockey.

My pick is February 1st 2021

I actually think there is a reasonable chance of Jan 4th. The vaccines are already being administered and that hopefully will have numbers down in 2 weeks. And yes, I know not everyone is following the rules with the shutdown, but a lot of people are and that will help as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Nope. Not buying it. That is the Futures draft list for 99's.

you really think danner is lying about a futures draft (not even playing)? this is ridiculous we are all too bored. if he was going to make something up it would be something a little more sensational geeeezzzzz

The link provided is the 2015 Futures draft. Here its is again.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/draft/ushl-futures-draft/2015?nation=usa

And to answer 2020, being drafted into the USHL (Futures or Regular) is actually a pretty serious accomplishment which is why I checked so thoroughly.

All of his "insight" is predicated on this backstory which I believe to be fictitious.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

I actually think there is a reasonable chance of Jan 4th. The vaccines are already being administered and that hopefully will have numbers down in 2 weeks. And yes, I know not everyone is following the rules with the shutdown, but a lot of people are and that will help as well.

I wish it would be that quick. 2nd shoot is in 21 to 28 days.  If numbers are down in 2 weeks it will be because people aren't going anywhere and I just don't see that happening.  Sure hope I am wrong.  Haven't heard any of the so called experts saying when we might get results from the Vaccines.

1 minute ago, dazedandconfused said:

The link provided is the 2015 Futures draft. Here its is again.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/draft/ushl-futures-draft/2015?nation=usa

And to answer 2020, being drafted into the USHL (Futures or Regular) is actually a pretty serious accomplishment which is why I checked so thoroughly.

All of his "insight" is predicated on this backstory which I believe to be fictitious.

And here I thought all the name calling and chest thumping would fade away after the King left. 

• Fist Bump 1

I am trying to be extremely optimistic about Jan 4th, but I can't help but feel like our kids wont play until middle of February at the earliest. Sure the cases may go down from now until the 4th, but you can bet on them rising again around the 10th of January (approx 2 weeks after Christmas) when people really start noticing symptoms.

My pessimism for this has resulted in me purchasing synthetic ice for my basement. Not a very big area, but at least it keeps my kid skating a bit and shooting. I can't take another 3-4 months of him being depressed about not playing.

1 hour ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

Just last night, Nationals just got punted to April 29th - May 3rd

This is going to make coordination with Flyers Cup, Penguins Cup and PA State quite a but tougher now.  Flyers Cup had been pushed to go after the original USA nationals.  They were going to go 4/5 - 4/20, so States could be the 24th.  That may now conflicts with district tournaments.

1 hour ago, carroll81 said:

This is going to make coordination with Flyers Cup, Penguins Cup and PA State quite a but tougher now.  Flyers Cup had been pushed to go after the original USA nationals.  They were going to go 4/5 - 4/20, so States could be the 24th.  That may now conflicts with district tournaments.

Districts are being looked at now to move out as well, maybe as far as April 10/11

5 hours ago, forbin said:

I am trying to be extremely optimistic about Jan 4th, but I can't help but feel like our kids wont play until middle of February at the earliest. Sure the cases may go down from now until the 4th, but you can bet on them rising again around the 10th of January (approx 2 weeks after Christmas) when people really start noticing symptoms.

My pessimism for this has resulted in me purchasing synthetic ice for my basement. Not a very big area, but at least it keeps my kid skating a bit and shooting. I can't take another 3-4 months of him being depressed about not playing.

Had our monthly meeting/call last night for our school program.  Our AD noted that he will be recommending that our district pause all sports until  at least January 18th rather than the 4th at a school board meeting next week.

I’m beginning to think that even 1/18 is optimistic 

3 hours ago, Guru said:

Had our monthly meeting/call last night for our school program.  Our AD noted that he will be recommending that our district pause all sports until  at least January 18th rather than the 4th at a school board meeting next week.

I’m beginning to think that even 1/18 is optimistic 

I agree. Say things start to get better in a few weeks. Wouldn't the state just say that the restrictions are working now so we need to stay the course? Maybe by February we'll have a good bit of the most vulnerable population vaccinated, which will begin to reduce hospitalizations. That's even optimistic considering that the current vaccine takes about a month to provide protection, I don't think most restrictions will continue far into February with better times on the horizon by then. January is promising to be the worst month.

Just now, PUCKCOVID19 said:

Season is done, just face it. Cases are worse then last year. USA Hockey has already started pushing back Nationals. 

I doubt it. I see no reason that the season can't extend into April & May. That would be good for the rinks instead of charging reduced rates during the lower demand part of the year.

58 minutes ago, Quinlan2020a said:

I doubt it. I see no reason that the season can't extend into April & May. That would be good for the rinks instead of charging reduced rates during the lower demand part of the year.

I thought the same thing. No reason games that were canceled/delayed can't be rescheduled even into the summer. Unless, of course, teams or rinks have a monetary incentive not to do it. 

2 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

I thought the same thing. No reason games that were canceled/delayed can't be rescheduled even into the summer. Unless, of course, teams or rinks have a monetary incentive not to do it. 

Can the independent rinks last another 3 months shutdown?  Even with private ice times I'll bet they are taking hugh losses.  I hope they all can survive.