Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
markel

What happened to Mid-State Mustangs?

Recommended Posts

Whatever happened to Blacksheep13? He came out of the woodwork posing as a parent and then disappeared after his attempt to slight the Barbosas did not go well. My guess is you are either the moron from Johnstown or the 18U coach. Which is it? Either way, please post some pics of yourself and successful teams you have coached. Cue the crickets. ter-insects-cricket_main_9280.thumb.png.21b458f51c3a563ce63e222b26f7b0d2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, it is official, the person from Johnstown is no longer running Galactic Ice in Altoona. Appears that somebody got a clue and got rid of him. All coaches seem to have been removed from the Mustangs website also. All of the board members that created this mess have taken their hockey players elsewhere. 😂 I heard that tryouts for both Trackers and Mustangs were laughable at the upper levels. At the 16 and 18 there was hardly enough players to field a curling team, let alone a hockey team. The complete collapse of both organizations is now complete.... Hats off to the board that assisted is destroying a great program also. The least you could have done was kept your kids playing in the mess you created. Sad. Will take years to recover, if ever.

 

Edited by Paul Baxter
changed some of the aggressive language...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire program is a joke. It’s a hockey mom and dad run dream. New board?  Still just hockey moms and dads. That’ll help. Not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have shut it down when Weaver left. He knew the model, put in the time and cared about the players, all the players. When Mom A and Dad B get involved, the only concerns are Kid A and Kid B and maybe a few others.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple answer.  Dave was the program and he knew how to handle the parents (boards included).  Now the nuance.   Once he reached his goal (Sam Lafferty), he left.  It took a couple years to fall apart but it was inevitable.  It wasn’t a sustainable model for success.  Plus, after winning a national championship, the expectations were too high.  Too small an area to have success without a “salesman” to bring in outside talent.  Dave also kept track of AAA tryouts and targeted the last cuts.  Plus, you don’t have a Sam Lafferty and a core of really good local talent at every age group. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mustangs are a hot mess right now. They’re under new mismanagement (another dad) and I’ll be shocked if they field more than a couple teams this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 1:53 PM, Get off the ice! said:

Simple answer.  Dave was the program and he knew how to handle the parents (boards included).  Now the nuance.   Once he reached his goal (Sam Lafferty), he left.  It took a couple years to fall apart but it was inevitable.  It wasn’t a sustainable model for success.  Plus, after winning a national championship, the expectations were too high.  Too small an area to have success without a “salesman” to bring in outside talent.  Dave also kept track of AAA tryouts and targeted the last cuts.  Plus, you don’t have a Sam Lafferty and a core of really good local talent at every age group. 

Let's not forget the use of the Quebec players from Wyoming Seminary and the local players from Shadyside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BeaverFalls said:

Mustangs are a hot mess right now. They’re under new mismanagement (another dad) and I’ll be shocked if they field more than a couple teams this year.

They'll never get it rebuilt. Makes you wonder if something like this could put the ice facility in peril. That would suck for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, dazedandconfused said:

They'll never get it rebuilt. Makes you wonder if something like this could put the ice facility in peril. That would suck for everyone.

Does anyone know what happened that the guy from Johnstown is no longer there?     

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. Program was dying and you had one of the winningest HS coaches in WPA in Art McQuillan part of the staff of the 18u and you can that staff?  Gtfo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 1:13 PM, Dizzyhockeydude said:

Does anyone know what happened that the guy from Johnstown is no longer there?     

 

 

I have not heard and nobody seems to know. I heard some rumors about the guy. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...