New Rule Proposals

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Why make those types of changes?   I really don't like those first 2 rule changes.   Can someone explain the logic behind those changes?  Certainly does not speed up the game.

I wonder if they’re still clinging to the belief that it makes players more creative and better puck handlers. 

That is their logic.

Also, for twelve minute period games, penalties will be 1:00. There is a new scale they designed to determine the penalty time length, and only the longest periods will have 2:00 penalties.

And, of course, all language will be gender neutral since we cannot offend anyone in these times.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

The icing thing while penalty killing has been brewing for years. Would not be surprised to see that adopted in the NHL as well.

They've been experimenting with it at some juniors tournaments for quite a while, too, from what I understand. That particular rule irritates me MUCH less than the concept of eliminating touch up offsides. It already distorts the flow of the game where it has been eliminated. Such a bad idea.

17 hours ago, TheRightCall said:

Automatic offsides at ALL LEVELS.

ICING not permitted at ALL LEVELS when shorthanded.

Complete stupidity.  Might as while make a rule that every team in a tourney gets a banner, trophy, and medals.  So glad this is our last year of youth hockey.

• Like 1