PAHL rescheduled games

5 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Extending three weeks and rescheduling games. 

Are the games starting up again next weekend?  There are tons of kids who haven’t been on the ice at all since Dec 5-6. Mt Lebo isn’t even opening their rink until Jan 9th-so those kids wouldn’t even get a practice in 

27 minutes ago, bender05 said:

Are the games starting up again next weekend?  There are tons of kids who haven’t been on the ice at all since Dec 5-6. Mt Lebo isn’t even opening their rink until Jan 9th-so those kids wouldn’t even get a practice in 

Games start up again next weekend. There's going to be a mad rush to reschedule games that were missed. Fun times!

We will probably see some crazy scores as teams get back into the flow.  I bet there were some teams that practiced through the 3 weeks and some that had nothing at all going on. I'm sure it will sort itself out in 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully we can keep it going and get through this crazy season.

18U/16U/14 AA divisions are still scheduled for playoffs on February 27-28 because......... as is their MO, the brain-trust of outdated geriatrics at MidAm have yet to and apparently aren't going to change the dates of the playdown events for Nationals despite the fact that Nationals themselves have been pushed back until the end of April.

So, any local team that is headed to Nationals will have a "break" from March 8th - April 28th.

8 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

18U/16U/14 AA divisions are still scheduled for playoffs on February 27-28 because......... as is their MO, the brain-trust of outdated geriatrics at MidAm have yet to and apparently aren't going to change the dates of the playdown events for Nationals despite the fact that Nationals themselves have been pushed back until the end of April.

I am so tired of the MidAm bureaucracy.  Same old $hit as the PAHL.  No fresh faces can ever get into any of those organizations to provide a fresh prospective.  I really hope the MidAm keeps their dates as-is so that it F's up everyone's schedules.  That would be fitting of such a prestigious group.  I actually think it's harder to volunteer/work for MidAm than it is to run for public office.

21 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

So, any local team that is headed to Nationals will have a "break" from March 8th - April 28th.

MidAm couldn't move Districts because Nationals being moved is not 100% confirmed yet.  They need to make sure all of the host for Nationals are good with the change and they held off that final confirmation until this week.

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow just looked at MidAm website. Nationals scheduled for April 29 to May 3rd!  That's a big break if Districts are even the first weekend of March.

Idk which I’m more shocked about. The above or the fact they actually updated their website. 

• Like 1

Un-believable. Was just informed that there was some sort of MidAm call with all the teams registered to participate in Districts and States. Now, they had the opportunity to change the dates and chose not to and apparently did so despite currently not having a host for 14U and 15U Tier divisions.

Impeach them all!!!

Edited by sadday4hockey
Poor spelling

52 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

Un-believable. Was just informed that there was some sort of MidAm call with all the teams registered to participate in Districts and States. Now, they had the opportunity to change the dates and chose not to and apparently did so despite currently not having a host for 14U and 15U Tier divisions.

Impeach them all!!!

Aren't there minutes out there?  As a non-profit we all contribute $ to I think there have to be some public minutes. 

8 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Impeach them all!!!

If this is true, what isn't necessarily obvious to everyone about this is hoe much that fact will screw up rescheduling games for non-National bound teams. Because they didn't change the date, all of the National Bound teams will have to get their games in before the same date, which means that organizations will have to give them priority on rescheduling slots (as though they wouldn't do that anyway, I know but...) and that means that the "lower" teams will have to reschedule games piled up late in March somehow. Fortunately, at least in the divisions my kids play in, there weren't that many games affected, but it's still a huge issue.

The corruption there needs to be investigated. I think there is at least one lifetime member who resides in Florida. Shouldn't you have to at least live in the District you "represent"? The website is a joke. Go to any other District website and you will find information galore, MidAm? Bring your miners helmet because finding info on there is a chore, if it even exists. Considering the King has a lawsuit against them, you would think that they would at least attempt to get their act in order.