AA 4 HEMPFIELD 5 4 1 0 8
AA 5 PENN TRAFFORD 5 4 1 0 8

A 1 INDIANA 6 6 0 0 12
A 2 FREEPORT 4 4 0 0 8
A 3 CHARTIERS VALLEY 7 6 0 1 13
A 4 NORTH CATHOLIC 5 4 1 0 8
A 5 GREENSBURG SALEM 7 5 2 0 10

10 hours ago, Rancho1 said:

Sorry,  I'll tell you what you want to hear.  Possibly the Greatest collection of offensive talent in recent years.  Goalie helps out some.

Just seems like a pretty well rounded team to me.  Good in all areas. That's all I'm saying. You made it sound like all they had was a goalie. Look at the facts man.

40 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

if much hasn’t changed with Varsity hockey over the years - the top teams in “B” could not compete with teams from “AAA” & “AA”

Who's asking for them to compete?  We are just happy that they have a place to play and compete with teams on their same level.  Anyway define "compete"?  Seems to me that Burrells Co-op team from a few years ago was pretty competitive in a National Tournament.

37 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Who's asking for them to compete?  We are just happy that they have a place to play and compete with teams on their same level.  Anyway define "compete"?  Seems to me that Burrells Co-op team from a few years ago was pretty competitive in a National Tournament.

I was asking a question, has the landscape changed much ? You didn't have to play defense for your team. 

Burrells team was pretty good a few years ago, that’s not the norm. “B” from what I recall, every season was always a race between two teams. This thread makes it sound as though nothing has changed. 

I really don't want to argue.  I just want to give all divisions their due. I actually have no dog in the race. I just know there are divisions for a reason. AAA should be the best teams.  A & B shouldn't be able to compete with AAA but they should get respect for being good in their division.  Some people can only see the big dogs and everyone else is not worth playing.  Anyone in any Division should be commended for playing the game to their skill level.  That's my point......

6 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

I really don't want to argue.  I just want to give all divisions their due. I actually have no dog in the race. I just know there are divisions for a reason. AAA should be the best teams.  A & B shouldn't be able to compete with AAA but they should get respect for being good in their division.  Some people can only see the big dogs and everyone else is not worth playing.  Anyone in any Division should be commended for playing the game to their skill level.  That's my point......

This is a high school thread isn't it?  AAA, AA and A all reference school size, not competition level.  The State Champions in A the last few years can skate with and beat just about any other teams in the state.  The recent Flyers Cup champions in AA and A are in the same ICSHL division and regularly play each other.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rancho1 said:

Not over here in West. They have some weird competitive formula. Unless you are a co-op, you can move up divisions. I know, it makes no sense. 

Also the schools in WPa are much, much smaller than out east. Many, if not most of the A high schools in the East would be AA or AAA based on their size.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 5:27 PM, Rancho1 said:

Not over here in West. They have some weird competitive formula. Unless you are a co-op, you can move up divisions. I know, it makes no sense. 

Do they then only play teams in the same level?  Are co-op teams eligible for Penguins Cup?