A pre-Covid-19 survey of boys’ interscholastic high school hockey in North America.

Dr Matt

Below is the link to the research paper (PDF format):

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/348550345_A_pre-Covid-19_survey_of_boys'_interscholastic_high_school_hockey_in_North_America

Abstract 
A comparative study was performed that included the analysis of demographic and competitive rating data for 
boys’ interscholastic high school ice hockey teams located in the North America. A composite rating profile 
was generated using SportsoftTM windows-based software (least-squares method) that reduced the raw game 
scores of over 146,000 games played by 5,479  boys’ teams in both United States and Canada between the 
ages of 15 to 18.  Individual rating profiles for each state high school league were extracted, tabulated, trend 
lines plotted and analysed.  State rating profiles were grouped by region and comparative graphs were plotted 
using the state of  Minnesota as a common benchmark. 

Keywords: least-squares, ice hockey, rating profile, Minnesota 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how many people have opened this and read it, but it was actually quite interesting in a sort of numerically intensive kid of way. I think it more or less confirmed what I already believed - PA has a number of very good Varsity hockey teams, but the top tier of MN teams is just a different animal.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1