State of Interstate travel for Youth Hockey in Feb-March

Our Squirt team is looking to schedule a tournament in the next 2 months.    Was just curious about the state of interstate travel for youth hockey in the next 2 months for different states.    I tried looking online but didn't see anything definitive.   My initial impression was that only things in WV and OH were possible at this time.    

Coach has given us options of Lansing, MI, St. Louis, MO, Cleveland, South Bend, Detroit, Columbus, Chicago.

A few of these were cancelled last year.... so didn't want to try anything that wouldn't be almost definite.    I didn't think MI was a possibility.    We've mostly done local tournaments this season.

Any insight would be appreciated.

10 minutes ago, bb2j3z said:

Wasnt sure if that was still in effect....   that probably settles it.. keeping it local.

Keep in mind too that everything is just on the honors system.  AAA teams around here have already been out of state on back-to-back weekends and doing what they please.  Not hiding it either when you can clearly see the schedule on their websites.

• Like 1

so I can drive 6 hours East to a VID hot spot like Philly, roam around and then drive 6 hours back spreading the funk all across the state, but I can't drive 30 miles west because i'll cross an imaginary line? politicians amazingly find ways to out stupid themselves daily.

anyhow, as far as I know there is no hockey in WV currently, so I doubt you would find any tournaments there. Ohio seems to be open, for now. There is no safe bet to not cancelled however. We have been cancelled from 2 local tournaments this year because our division got shut down. No way to guestimate what divisions fill and what division won't. If you're concerned about the state line quarantine BS, go to Cleveland. If travel restrictions were given any sort of rudimentary logic, Cleveland would most likely be in the allowed zone, not Philly. 

• Fist Bump 1

3 hours ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

Keep in mind too that everything is just on the honors system.  AAA teams around here have already been out of state on back-to-back weekends and doing what they please.  Not hiding it either when you can clearly see the schedule on their websites.

Agreed with that.  Technically anyone coming into the state (overnight) must quarantine for 10 days as well

16 hours ago, Racchi’s Rug said:

You can get a rapid test result in 15-30 minutes

Unless things have changed since I last looked into this, rapid tests are considered reliable if they are positive, but a negative on a rapid test is not considered reliable. This information may be out of date.

And, of course, there are probably PLENTY of people who don't care about the distinction, and will just say they got tested and it was negative.

I had to be tested a few weeks ago and it literally took 8 days to get a result. I had it done at a UPMC. They didn't offer anything faster than that to me, and believe me, I asked.

9 hours ago, Racchi’s Rug said:

You can get them at Med Express, they’re pretty available I’d say. I do recall hearing that they’re a little less accurate than the standard test that takes a couple days for results.

Hasn’t that been part of the discussion from both sides? If the sensitivity or specificity of a test is in question then it is not a far stretch to question the public policies those tests are based upon.

As always, merely my .02 worth.                Actual mileage may vary.

One of our tournaments got shut down right BEFORE COVID last year. After much effort, we got half our money back. I think the private tournament companies are shady as hell in good times. I try to pay as last minute as possible as a result.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

its all on honor system. we are out of town 2-3 weekends a month and we never did any of this mumbo jumbo bs

Yes, and it will remain that way until a hockey organization gets sued or fined for having an out of state team come in or going out of state to play overnight and not quarantining that causes a "superspreader" event. And yes - I think it's mumbo jumbo BS too.