A new guy question

Is it a penalty in youth hockey to play with a broken stick?

Apologies. Original post is quite vague.

Left defenseman in offensive zone. Across the ice from bench. Nice pass for one timer, stick breaks blade off of shaft.

Edited by Chinstrap
Clarification

Well, the player was playing and his stick broke when he tried a nice one timer from his left defense position. Instead of dropping the stick immediately, he skated across the ice to his bench with the shaft in his hand.

He was playing hockey, pretty well at that.

Thank you for the replies.

It was in a Middle School game. My son’s team lost. The player in question played on the other team. No “Monday morning quarterbacking” of the officials, coaches, players, or other parents.

Only a guy that was unsure of the rule and honestly should have dug a bit deeper before posting.

Not sure what lesson needed to be learned.

14 hours ago, Chinstrap said:

Thank you for the replies.

It was in a Middle School game. My son’s team lost. The player in question played on the other team. No “Monday morning quarterbacking” of the officials, coaches, players, or other parents.

Only a guy that was unsure of the rule and honestly should have dug a bit deeper before posting.

Not sure what lesson needed to be learned.

The lesson is to drop your stick...………….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chinstrap said:

Since he was playing on the other team, did not drop his damaged equipment, and did not get a minor penalty called...

not sure the lesson was learned.

I'm not sure anyone said it was your son.  Went back and read and no one did.  The kid from the other team(and you) learned a lesson. Hopefully the refs are reading and learned one too.