District playoffs 2021

On 3/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, Theroadtobeerleague said:

A team like Lebo could play an independent AA/AAA schedule but go for a National title at AA, which wouldn’t be easy.  At U14, Lebo went 1-2 at Tier 2 Nationals; since switching to AAA, they are 1-5 at Mid Ams (as U15 and U16). I don’t know anything specific about this team, but would bet that it’s made up 5-6 top kids and 10-12 kids who wouldn’t really be considered AAA players.  That’s true of many teams ranked in the 40s to 60s. 

He doesn't know specifics, yet knows what their records are. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, champeen said:

looking at where their 16u kids from 2014-2015 are today.  about half the team is playing D1/D3/NAHL.  that's pretty good, imo. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 10.15.34 AM.png

it is pretty good. and this is consistent most years if you look back on 16u PPE. wonder how esmark stacks up - where the esmark 16u players from 2014-15 are playing now

Question. Alex Gritz played in the OHL How is he eligible in the NAHL. USHL and NAHL kids are considered amateurs and eligible for D1. Kids from Canadian major juniors are considered professionals and ineligible. So how can he play in the league. Nothing against the young man. More a curiousity because I've never seen this before. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Denis Lemiuex said:

Question. Alex Gritz played in the OHL How is he eligible in the NAHL. USHL and NAHL kids are considered amateurs and eligible for D1. Kids from Canadian major juniors are considered professionals and ineligible. So how can he play in the league. Nothing against the young man. More a curiousity because I've never seen this before. Thanks.

I know playing in the OHL removes their NCAA eligibility but I don’t think that impacte USA Hockey eligibility. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Shore said:

Are you sure about that?  I know of a player who played in the OHL and now plays NCAA D1.

pretty sure u can play in ncaa d1 after ohl but not eligible for money. you can play in other junior leagues like nahl after ohl

13 hours ago, Denis Lemiuex said:

I know Gritz played a couple of seasons. He was with the Otters last season. Must be OK via USA Hockey but not the NCAA. Thanks for the responses. Like I said, Never seen that before.

Yeah USA Hockey doesn't care. Just the NCAA. Mik Lemieux is another one that comes to mind.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/285369/alex-gritz

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/62069/mikael-lemieux