Predators vs Arrows U16 AA Mid Am Today

5 hours ago, Danner27 said:

No live barn video of the preds player kicking a armstrong player in the head ? This seems to be conveniently left out by the OP, or did I miss it in the above videos ? That’s an automatic match penalty still ? 

My kids were sent snap chat videos from one of their friends who was watching while waiting for his game. Outside of an Armstrong player getting kicked in the head when he was down, the majority is the ridiculous parents. there is a preds mom with her “crew”  screaming at refs, players, parents and what appears to be security when she got tossed. Prime example of what kind of parents not to be. Armstrong parents are not innocent, but this preds mom takes the cake. Parents drinking in the parking lot before games needs to be banned, I’m convinced there are some intoxicated people in these snap chats! 

I am with you with the drinking part, I have seen it from Mites and all the way up. Some parents just can't wait and then they drive their kids home after, it's ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

8 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

I am with you with the drinking part, I have seen it from Mites and all the way up. Some parents just can't wait and then they drive their kids home after, it's ridiculous. 

Center Ice rules are no drinking in the lot. People want to blame MidAm or the rink, but the bottom line is that no matter what you do, people will choose to behave badly.  I much preferred having Center Ice host this than Ice Castle. Not having a bar on site helped to cut down on the bad behavior, I believe, because as others have said, some parents do drink and then are rowdy. I feel this tournament was pretty well run this year. Aside from this, parents and players were fairly well behaved and that definitely made for a more enjoyable experience. (I didn't watch many 18u games, that age group is tough with the fighting, but the one game I saw, the refs did a pretty good job controlling some bad behavior.)

If criminal charges don't follow some of these things the adults in the stands for, then people really don't have a check on their behavior. I'm not sure that part happens. That is where the rinks could step in.But there is hassle and time suck in pursuing those things.

• Like 2

Center Ice and Allegheny did a great job 

The format has to allow for the elimination of  meaningless third games and you would avoid the trouble that comes with it. 

I am sorry the tournament has a bad light because of one incident and we can do better as a hockey community 

• Like 2