North Catholic/Excel Hockey

54 minutes ago, SuperStar said:

The issue with this long-winded post is that the JV division is tight when you look at teams with underclassmen. The NC team is mostly of older players. The only team run the right way from the beginning has been the MS team.

Why are you still here commenting?  Practically everything you have claimed as fact in this thread has been shot down in flames by numerous individuals.  Now you are saying North's roster consists mostly of older players?   

To my knowledge roughly 25% of the current roster consists of seniors.........in case you are math impaired, that means 75% of the roster are underclassmen.  How in the hell does 25% = most?

Just stop bro - this is getting embarrassing.  

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, SuperStar said:

The issue with this long-winded post is that the JV division is tight when you look at teams with underclassmen. The NC team is mostly of older players. The only team run the right way from the beginning has been the MS team.

12 underclassmen, 6 juniors and 4 seniors on the active roster. So what side if the fence you gonna ride today troll boy? Crying that there is talk about a possible varsity squad or crying that there is a JV team? Either way, a little troll like you will still whine. Show yourself to the door son, come back when you have some facts. K

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chinstrap said:

The boys on the NC Middle School team tallied their third win of the season last night. Sure wish those unknown and secret Excel players would start playing now......

Yeah, you don't even want to know what that JV team full of upper-classmen and Excel ringers did against the fifth placed team last night. Never mind that hard fought 1-0 win against the sixth place team the week before. #justbeatingeveryoneupasusual 

• Like 2

There are kids (families) that send their kids to "specialty" schools in varieties of different sports/dance/arts etc... Many kids go to Shattuck or private/prep schools known for their hockey despite not playing on the top prep teams.. Education and athletics tied together not a new concept!!! Again, it is a family/child decision but I bet there are not many Gold Pens kids playing school hockey. If they are, why is it of concern... they are enrolled not specifically to play for NC but if they do why is it any different than kids that participate in amateur hockey as well as HS? Believe it or not, kids will still take pride in their school and being a part of extracurricular activities to wear the crest or colors of the school.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

This has nothing to do with the MS team, JV team or future Varsity team(s). It simply means that you can participate in Academy and not play for PPE. If you want your Gold bucket, you had better pony up for the Academy.

Let's try it another way, it's hockey's version of Scientology.

Very nice analogy!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/stanford-usc-georgetown-coaches-among-50-indicted-in-college-admissions-cheating-scandal/

When you read this story all the way to the end, you see it may have ties the IMG Academy. Just the first of what you can be sure will be many scandals like this when you mix for profit business with education and athletics.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, sadday4hockey said:

Think of it in terms of sets in Mathematics. All members of the Excel Academy are not part of the PPE set, however all members of the PPE Gold set are members of the Excel Academy. Does that make sense?

All members?  Clearly, you are exaggerating.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:15 PM, sadday4hockey said:

This has nothing to do with the MS team, JV team or future Varsity team(s). It simply means that you can participate in Academy and not play for PPE. If you want your Gold bucket, you had better pony up for the Academy.

Let's try it another way, it's hockey's version of Scientology.

Not true. You can play for PPE (Gold Bucket) and not do the Excel program

• 100 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/27/2019 at 8:14 PM, SuperStar said:

Hearing rumblings that North Catholic is bagging its "grass roots" program where they developed kids from their middle school team and are moving toward utilizing the Excel players. To the extent that they will only field a varsity team next year. Many players and parents upset over this as kids who began as middle schoolers are being sat out of games to make room for the Excel superstars.

I am sure this is not how the program was set up to be run when it was resurrected.

Maybe the PIHL will step in and not allow this type of situation.

North Catholic finished try outs this past weekend and while I could not see everything on the ice the entire time, I was not able to see that group of “ Excel superstars” anywhere. Maybe I just missed them.

Perhaps they will show up for the games.

• Like 2

I heard that NC will be fielding a Varsity team in the fall.  Congrats to the school and to the program.  I don't know if they have enough players for both a JV and a Varsity but it is good to see local school hockey growing in western PA, especially with a program that is going on its 4th year and was dormant for so long.

20 minutes ago, The King said:

Guess we know where this guy’s money is going! 

My two sons have moved on and are out of high school, bro.  Had NC been in the north hills with a hockey team while they went to school, then yes they WOULD have played there.

Nice try.

Edited by fafa fohi

14 minutes ago, The King said:

So you’re posting information about a school’s program to promote it, arguing with people that are bad mouthing them, and keeping notes on their roster composition. My question is why? You either have kids in the program or coach them. Either way, it’s very transparent. 

Sorry, Wampa, King, whatever your user name is this week.  I am an alumni of NC.  Your statement was incorrect ( as usual ) as you always jump to assumptions.  You are wrong.  Fair enough?

My questions to you are these - why are you badmouthing the program?  What is your motivation?  

I made a simple statement and surprise, you come here with no knowledge whatsoever of the program and only to talk trash like you always do.  That is your MO on everything, regardless of what username you use.  

Talk about transparency - your ideology comes through regardless of what name you are using.  

You might want to invest in a mirror and do some soul searching, bro.    

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, The King said:

So you’re just your average NC alumni who happened to stumble upon a local hockey message board and after getting telepathic insight into the NC program, you’ve decided to rush to the board you’ve stumbled upon to scream to the masses the success of your proud alma mater? Come on. You spent several messages insulting other posters who seemed to be giving some good insight into a program that’s not building the right way. I haven’t bad mouthed anyone. Just like to keep the board honest. It’s alot of work but I’m trying. Seems to be quiet lately. Wonder why? 

Insults?  Aren't you the one that has been banned three different times by this same board, and now you are on username #4?  Pot, meet kettle.

As far as me and I am paraphrasing here -  "rushing to the board I stubbed upon"........I didn't stumble on this board - if you had been paying attention, I commented on this thread months ago.  This is a thread on the NC hockey program.  My sons played hockey for both amateur and PIHL teams and yes, they know kids that currently play for NC.  I was born and raised here and I care about the program and the direction it is going.  Have you ever been to an NA or PR football game to see the alumni and having a vested interest in said program??????  That is my prerogative and if you have a problem with that, I can't help you.

Some posters on this thread were not stating facts when saying last season the majority of the players at NC were Excel kids.  Read the thread and educate yourself as I am not going to do the work for you.  You've done nothing here on this thread than to be a flamethrower on a topic you know nothing about.

As to your quote that they are not building the program in the right way, would you care to elaborate on that?  

Lastly, I don't need to justify myself to you.  

1 hour ago, The King said:

So you’re just your average NC alumni who happened to stumble upon a local hockey message board and after getting telepathic insight into the NC program, you’ve decided to rush to the board you’ve stumbled upon to scream to the masses the success of your proud alma mater? Come on. You spent several messages insulting other posters who seemed to be giving some good insight into a program that’s not building the right way. I haven’t bad mouthed anyone. Just like to keep the board honest. It’s alot of work but I’m trying. Seems to be quiet lately. Wonder why? 

Curious what you mean by "a program that's not building the right way"? The majority of the high school team started as middle school players four years ago when the program started back up. Curious what you consider "the right way"? 

I fail to see how such a presumably innocent topic can escalate like this...

State your take/opinion and move on and leave the personal angst on your side of the screen.  It's ok to disagree with someone's take on an issue without going into any form of personal attack.

10 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

I heard that NC will be fielding a Varsity team in the fall.  Congrats to the school and to the program.  I don't know if they have enough players for both a JV and a Varsity but it is good to see local school hockey growing in western PA, especially with a program that is going on its 4th year and was dormant for so long.

I had not heard about the final configuration of a Varsity and JV program. I was told there was the highest number of Middle School players registered for try outs than the previous three years. 

17 hours ago, The King said:

I really hope this isn’t the type of behavior the NC contingent have to deal with! This language and aggressive behavior is completely unacceptable. There are women and children involved. I’m sorry @Paul Baxter that the curt and off color language of @Bob Loblaw and the vitriol of @fafa fohi have permeated into this thread. I just hope that a higher level of morality is in charge of the NC hickey program. #metoo

@The King Please do not post this sort of thing on the board as it serves no purpose other than to possibly fire up other members.

I did not find any issue with the posts of the users you called out.  These sorts of posts have been made regularly over the past 10+ years and it looks like to me they are stating things from their perspective. I may be missing it but I don't see where they are showing NC "in a bad light".  People can have their own takes here and that's what it looks like to me.

We went down the same road with you and Esmark and being critical of posts/posters, which (unfortunately) resulted in me having to clean up that whole thread.

For example, @fafa fohi posted "I heard that NC will be fielding a Varsity team in the fall.  Congrats to the school and to the program.  I don't know if they have enough players for both a JV and a Varsity but it is good to see local school hockey growing in western PA, especially with a program that is going on its 4th year and was dormant for so long. "

and you @The King replied "Guess we know where this guy’s money is going!"

That was a completely below the belt reply and unless you know @fafa fohi how would you know (or even care) how he spends his money?

@fafa fohi post looks completely legit to me and I am grateful more kids will be playing hockey through their school.  I don't see anything bad at all about his post.

As soon as you made that reply post it resulted in a flurry of back and forth action.  Had you not made that reply things wouldn't have dropped to where they are now.

For a while you ( @The King) were making posts with good thought and insight, however some of your posts in this thread seem to only be intent on whacking the hornet's nest and stirring up action.

DO NOT post requests for us to moderate content publicly on the board.  You can PM us.  Do not put my name in a post and ask us to do things.  You are NOT a moderator.

PB