Officiating

Just now, Wampa1 said:

Woah what an original comeback junior! You showed that guy.

Anyway, I’m not talking about any other sport in any other area but this one. At no time did I say it was unique to this area. But this message board is titled what again? What region and sport does it cover? 

Nuff said

And I quote the so eloquent one........."Example 1/1,000,000 of why hockey parents in WPA are human garbage."  You said it, not me.

Next time before you hit "submit reply" you might want to read what you wrote first, kid.  

6 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

And I quote the so eloquent one........."Example 1/1,000,000 of why hockey parents in WPA are human garbage."  You said it, not me.

Next time before you hit "submit reply" you might want to read what you wrote first, kid.  

What aren’t you comprehending here? I referred to HOCKEY PARENTS in WESTERN PA. No other sport, no other area. And I stand by it. Human garbage. Because they’ve been allowed to get away with it for too long. And pretenders like yourself lord over their kids hockey programs to improve their self worth. Then both of you scream at officials because they have to be the problem right? 

I’ve been to multiple youth sport games over the years and it’s definitely amplified in hockey more so than other sports. 

You have isolated incidents in other sports, like soccer, baseball, football but those games largely come and go without much fuss. 

When was the last time you watched a youth hockey game, in full, and didn’t hear someone crying in the stands? 

I think hockey parents feel safer because there’s multiple layers of separation between an ice hockey referee and a parent. Refs are on skates, on a sheet of ice, surrounded by a bowl of boards. It’s not as intimidating to the average human to scream insults at another human being when sub-consciously they know that the other human poses little to no threat. 

Also, western PA hockey parents are some of the worst I’ve seen. A large portion of it is, in my opinion, the lack of parents past participation in the sport. They simply do not understand or can not accept that what goes on on the ice is run of the mill, ordinary shit that’s part of a collision sport. 

This does not happen in traditional hockey markets AS MUCH, where kids are being raised by people who played the game. WHERE SAID PARENTS are desensitized and much more tolerant having been in the same position their kids are in. 

Again, I fee for the man and women who have to ref these games while listening to these turds. 

Edited by Rico
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

I’ve been to multiple youth sport games over the years and it’s definitely amplified in hockey more so than other sports. 

You have isolated incidents in other sports, like soccer, baseball, football but those games largely come and go without much fuss. 

When was the last time you watched a youth hockey game, in full, and didn’t hear someone crying in the stands? 

I think hockey parents feel safer because there’s multiple layers of separation between an ice hockey referee and a parent. Refs are on skates, on a sheet of ice, surrounded by a bowl of boards. It’s not as intimidating to the average human to scream insults at another human being when sub-consciously they know that the other human poses little to no threat. 

Also, western PA hockey parents are some of the worst I’ve seen. A large portion of it is, in my opinion, the lack of parents past participation in the sport. They simply do not understand or can not accept that what goes on on the ice is run of the mill, ordinary shit that’s part of a collision sport. 

This does not happen in traditional hockey markets AS MUCH, where kids are being raised by people who played the game. WHERE SAID PARENTS are desensitized and much more tolerant having been in the same position their kids are in. 

Again, I feel for the men and women who have to ref these games while listening to the onslaught of verbal abuse that these organizations tolerate from their parents/customers. 

28 minutes ago, Hoomie said:

What is a coaches jacket?  Didn't know there was a special jacket for youth hockey coaches. 

It is simply a hockey warm up jacket ( usually Bauer or CCM ) that coaches wear on the ice for practices and games, and is issued by the hockey organization with a logo from said organization they are coaching for. 

1 hour ago, Wampa1 said:

What aren’t you comprehending here? I referred to HOCKEY PARENTS in WESTERN PA. No other sport, no other area. And I stand by it. Human garbage. Because they’ve been allowed to get away with it for too long. And pretenders like yourself lord over their kids hockey programs to improve their self worth. Then both of you scream at officials because they have to be the problem right? 

It’s jagoffs like yourself that bitch, moan and complain about a problem with refs, coaches, parents  or even the aggressive player on the ice yet do nothing to fix the problem. “Clown” coaches out there are volunteering their time away from work and their families to help contribute to the system. 

Seems like Robo-dad has all the answers. Hey, maybe it was you that said “I don’t know how to skate”  when I asked someone to take my spot.  If that’s true, I can get you a smokin deal on a LTS program and a discount on one of those walkers so you don’t do a face plant.   You already have the hickey knowledge as you are an avid Pens watcher.  Perfect  

Being a “clown coach” , I have perks and can get you a deal. You up for it kid?

9 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

It’s jagoffs like yourself that bitch, moan and complain about a problem with refs, coaches, parents  or even the aggressive player on the ice yet do nothing to fix the problem. “Clown” coaches out there are volunteering their time away from work and their families to help contribute to the system. 

Seems like Robo-dad has all the answers. Hey, maybe it was you that said “I don’t know how to skate”  when I asked someone to take my spot.  If that’s true, I can get you a smokin deal on a LTS program and a discount on one of those walkers so you don’t do a face plant.   You already have the hickey knowledge as you are an avid Pens watcher.  Perfect  

Being a “clown coach” , I have perks and can get you a deal. You up for it kid?

Nah never complained about anything regarding officials or players on the ice. Seem to have you pegged based on how easy it is to rile you up. It’s too easy. And you really are living off of that one exchange with a parent aren’t you? Hey, as long as it makes you feel good I guess. 

6 hours ago, Rico said:

Points are used in placements for kids? Elaborate? What does an individual child’s point total have to do with rankings? 

After tryouts and placements, the teams are pre placed for placement games based on the records they keep of the kids point totals. Also some placements of the kids are based on point totals if kids have similar scores in tryouts. So yes the points do have some validity. Not saying that they are end all be all but they do have some value for the kids. This is why you go from 5 placement games to 3 from squirt to peewee.. cause they say they already know what the placements should be according to the talent on the teams based on past points. Which is garbage in my opinion. but whatever. 

16 hours ago, Wampa1 said:

Nah never complained about anything regarding officials or players on the ice. Seem to have you pegged based on how easy it is to rile you up. It’s too easy. And you really are living off of that one exchange with a parent aren’t you? Hey, as long as it makes you feel good I guess. 

You are the one calling people "human garbage," yet I am the triggered one?  Do yourself a favor, bro.  Press eject and move on.  I think your anger meds are wearing off.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Rico said:

Points are used in placements for kids? Elaborate? What does an individual child’s point total have to do with rankings? 

Goal totals, etc are kept by PAHL to help with division placements. Nothing to do with individual rankings the way you are thinking. They look at a team...what division the players were in the year before...some algorithm is used. It's why squirts gets extra placement games -- aside from the adjustment to full ice, there isn't much data on them.

44 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

You are the one calling people "human garbage," yet I am the triggered one?  Do yourself a favor, bro.  Press eject and move on.  I think your anger meds are wearing off.

Too easy. I love how you start with “you are the one...”. You’re either 10 years old or have an IQ at a dangerously low level. Further proving my clowns at the mite-peewee level comment. There’s some good ones that teach skill and healthy competition. But I’m sure you’ve got the banners to prove your dominance

this entire forum lowers everyones IQ.. you all are a bunch of winey bitches that just like to stir shit up.. nothing but trolls that cant say anything without insulting anyone.. ashame really, and you all wanna talk about roll models.. lmao.. get a grip.. 

Edited by rock

9 minutes ago, rock said:

this entire forum lowers everyones IQ.. you all are a bunch of winey bitches that just like to stir shit up.. nothing but trolls that cant say anything without insulting anyone.. ashame really, and you all wanna talk about roll models.. lmao.. get a grip.. 

Speaking of IQ... it’s role not roll. Curse words always show a higher intelligence. I’m trying to help you get a grip. For your kids sake.

43 minutes ago, Wampa1 said:

Speaking of IQ... it’s role not roll. Curse words always show a higher intelligence. I’m trying to help you get a grip. For your kids sake.

thanks for the clarification, like i said this place lowers your IQ.. i knew you or dazed would have jumped all over that, thanks for proving my point, and thanks for looking out for me and my kids.  Not sure what we would do without people like you looking out for our well being, and grammar. your a true gentleman. thanks again. Noted, so i can be a smarter better person in the future. 

they may not be sent to NCAA but they are used in placements and evaluations of kids for peewee rankings and placements.. so yeah they should be as correct as possible.. your other points are very valid.. However the officiating the past few years has been atrocious.. human or not.. they need to do a better job or at the min not be so 1 sided in there calls / non calls every game. its not difficult to call a fair game.  some of them don't even bother to leave the neutral zone, they are never in position when calling a goal or no goal, won't get out of the way when a puck is coming at them and won't even bother explaining calls to the coaches.. so most of the harassment is self inflicted. 

Example 1/1,000,000 of why hockey parents in WPA are human garbage. These kids don’t stand a chance. These are the “men” they have to look up to. And forget the mothers. Coddling has taken on a new meaning with these twits. Officials are human and susceptible to mistakes. That does not give any “coach” (and I use that term loosely with all the clowns in this area currently coaching at the mite-pee wee levels) or parent the right to berate them and the officials should start exercising their right to punish these idiots. Look up the PA state law passed in 1990 regarding abuse of youth sports officials. I dream of the day a family is destroyed because the law did its job and hammered one of these morons that can’t get over striking out in little league or their inadequacies with their manhood. 

SO, lets go back at look at the original posts.. When and where did i say that the harassment was ok, or that i did it? I said it was self inflicted, which if some did a better job, it may not happen.. THEY ARE PAID TO DO A JOB... if i did my job as bad as some do theirs, i would be fired.. that isn't all of them, all the time, but some are very consistently bad.. so why do they get a pass?? they shouldn't be held accountable?? come on your not a snowflake right, cause a snowflake wouldn't call another person a snowflake.. they aren't volunteers?  you quickly without even knowing me attack me merrily by they way you think i am cause i tell the truth about some refs doing a bad job.... call me human garbage, and go on some tangent that has nothing to do with anything.. You should look in the mirror my friend, because you may have some issues that you need to deal with..  like someone else posted and you attacked them for quoting, "you that you dream of the day a family is destroyed.." your so quick to jump on anything anyone says, hope that makes you feel good about yourself, cause your true colors shine bright sunshine. enjoy your trolling, glad you finally found something your good at. 

13 minutes ago, rock said:

they may not be sent to NCAA but they are used in placements and evaluations of kids for peewee rankings and placements.. so yeah they should be as correct as possible.. your other points are very valid.. However the officiating the past few years has been atrocious.. human or not.. they need to do a better job or at the min not be so 1 sided in there calls / non calls every game. its not difficult to call a fair game.  some of them don't even bother to leave the neutral zone, they are never in position when calling a goal or no goal, won't get out of the way when a puck is coming at them and won't even bother explaining calls to the coaches.. so most of the harassment is self inflicted. 

Example 1/1,000,000 of why hockey parents in WPA are human garbage. These kids don’t stand a chance. These are the “men” they have to look up to. And forget the mothers. Coddling has taken on a new meaning with these twits. Officials are human and susceptible to mistakes. That does not give any “coach” (and I use that term loosely with all the clowns in this area currently coaching at the mite-pee wee levels) or parent the right to berate them and the officials should start exercising their right to punish these idiots. Look up the PA state law passed in 1990 regarding abuse of youth sports officials. I dream of the day a family is destroyed because the law did its job and hammered one of these morons that can’t get over striking out in little league or their inadequacies with their manhood. 

SO, lets go back at look at the original posts.. When and where did i say that the harassment was ok, or that i did it? I said it was self inflicted, which if some did a better job, it may not happen.. THEY ARE PAID TO DO A JOB... if i did my job as bad as some do theirs, i would be fired.. that isn't all of them, all the time, but some are very consistently bad.. so why do they get a pass?? they shouldn't be held accountable?? come on your not a snowflake right, cause a snowflake wouldn't call another person a snowflake.. they aren't volunteers?  you quickly without even knowing me attack me merrily by they way you think i am cause i tell the truth about some refs doing a bad job.... call me human garbage, and go on some tangent that has nothing to do with anything.. You should look in the mirror my friend, because you may have some issues that you need to deal with..  like someone else posted and you attacked them for quoting, "you that you dream of the day a family is destroyed.." your so quick to jump on anything anyone says, hope that makes you feel good about yourself, cause your true colors shine bright sunshine. enjoy your trolling, glad you finally found something your good at. 

This is getting too easy. My point is (and believe me, I don’t expect you to understand because if I have to explain it you’re a lost cause anyway), who are you to decide what official is competent and who is not? Just because you see a missed call from the bleachers, doesn’t mean an official is incompetent. Same way that you aren’t in any way qualified to teach a player based on your observation from the stands. Stay in your lane, dope. Your experience in the sport most likely involves buying your kids equipment. Keep it that way. Nobody is looking for your opinion or any opinion from the geniuses in the stands or on a message board.

stay in my lane dope?? lol, back to name calling? .. keep it coming, i'm learning a lot from you. 

How many fights have you gotten into in the stands?? you certainly seem like THAT GUY to me.  or are you just another keyboard warrior?

Edited by rock

22 minutes ago, rock said:

stay in my lane dope?? lol, back to name calling? .. keep it coming, i'm learning a lot from you. 

How many fights have you gotten into in the stands?? you certainly seem like THAT GUY to me.  or are you just another keyboard warrior?

Not one. Never will. I’m glad you feel that you’re learning. I’m just using a term that you’ve proven to be. And judging by how angry you’ve gotten over a message board (so much that you obsessed and went back and added to the post) I’m sure you’re exactly the type of hockey parent I’m referring to 

here is what I've learned so far from you: 

1. if you reply on a forum your mad

2. if you have an opinion keep it to yourself

3. if you reply more than once your really mad

4. trolls get off when you get mad

5. if someone doesn't agree with you then you should call them names

6. people know everything about you just from 1 post

7. troll can respond without being mad, they are just doing their job

8. grammar is really important

9. being polite is totally out of the question

10. don't question the troll they obviously know everything about everything 

11. adding something to a post means your really really mad

could you help me with one more thing i'd like to learn Wampa1?