Officiating

The desire to have better officiating in my belief is shared across many groups and that includes the Referees themselves and the scheduling partners. Despite what many believe, it's hard to imagine that anyone actually chooses to be screamed at by making bad calls intentionally.

However, this latest discussion highlights where the real issue lies. Who can help when there is a legitimate problem with specific individuals. The answer should be simple right? The affiliate governing body, or in our case the MidAm District.

Here is the website for the MidAm district which has no less than 46 current positions. That's right 46. And they include 9 separate DEI positions. 9 of them.

https://www.midamhockey.com/page/show/5022993-board-contacts

How many people are there to deal with any referee issues? One. That's right, one person for six states but yet some states need multiple DEI personnel? That's basically saying that on any given weekend there is a 9 times more likely chance that there will be a DEI issue as opposed to an officiating issue? Give us a break.

You want better officiating? Look no further than this group and when the Annual District meeting happens this spring, tell your association President to speak up on matters such as these.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

The desire to have better officiating in my belief is shared across many groups and that includes the Referees themselves and the scheduling partners. Despite what many believe, it's hard to imagine that anyone actually chooses to be screamed at by making bad calls intentionally.

However, this latest discussion highlights where the real issue lies. Who can help when there is a legitimate problem with specific individuals. The answer should be simple right? The affiliate governing body, or in our case the MidAm District.

Here is the website for the MidAm district which has no less than 46 current positions. That's right 46. And they include 9 separate DEI positions. 9 of them.

https://www.midamhockey.com/page/show/5022993-board-contacts

How many people are there to deal with any referee issues? One. That's right, one person for six states but yet some states need multiple DEI personnel? That's basically saying that on any given weekend there is a 9 times more likely chance that there will be a DEI issue as opposed to an officiating issue? Give us a break.

You want better officiating? Look no further than this group and when the Annual District meeting happens this spring, tell your association President to speak up on matters such as these.

https://midamreferees.com/directory.html

1 minute ago, sadday4hockey said:

Why not supply that information to the original poster over the last 3 weeks?

I don’t live on this forum nor even knew this existed. Did you not think to click around the website for 30 seconds to find this link?

10 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

You have 20 posts.

That website appears to have been updated with far more data than it's ever had and most looks to have been added in well...... the last 30 days.

Maybe that's a testament to this site for people have been pleading for this for years.

I meant I did not know the Mid-Am Official’s site existed until today.

I’m glad there is a dedicated site now, although I wouldn’t give credit to this forum.

Edited by JerryTime
Clarification

10 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Did he reveal enough about himself from the posts to be identified?

Yes, he identified himself as the coach who got booted from a game that day by that ref.  I'm sure that was enough.