PPE and PAHL

Asking for a friend. Can a player be rostered on a PPE team as well as a BY PAHL team? I’m not asking if it’s feasible because I’m sure you could find a way to make it work, I’m asking if it’s allowed by PPE and the PAHL. 

If it makes a difference, I’m talking about a 2010 female player. 

Without getting too specific (I know one of the rules here is to not identify specific players), I think it would depend on if she is coed or girls only PPE (I don't think the coed team members can double roster on a pahl coed team) and whether it is a coed or girls PAHL team.  

Thanks for the replies. I figured it may not be a big deal at this age but wasn’t sure if they would be violating any type of rules. Her mom is a coworker and mentioned she is rostered on a PPE girls team and just got offered a spot on a PAHL coed team.  They weren’t sure if they were going to accept the PAHL spot or not.

1 hour ago, forbin said:

Thanks for the replies. I figured it may not be a big deal at this age but wasn’t sure if they would be violating any type of rules. Her mom is a coworker and mentioned she is rostered on a PPE girls team and just got offered a spot on a PAHL coed team.  They weren’t sure if they were going to accept the PAHL spot or not.

Yes this is definitely allowed.

The rules on rostering on multiple teams are a little different for girls. You can find the rules in PAHL.  Lower numbers of girls playing means some creativity in allowing play. You can only play for one team in the national bound tournament I think though.

1 hour ago, hockey55 said:

Yes there’s a lot of girls in squirt and pee wee who are rostered on both. It seemed like half of the one SHAHA pee wee team was pens girls. 

I think part of this is due to the fact that the second squirt team may not play as much as the first squirt team. 

6 hours ago, twoboys said:

I think part of this is due to the fact that the second squirt team may not play as much as the first squirt team. 

I might be missing context on this but often the girls are on the first team.  Ive seen that at Southpointe, Lebo, SHAHA (the girls above were on peewee 1) and Mon Valley to name a few

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

I might be missing context on this but often the girls are on the first team.  Ive seen that at Southpointe, Lebo, SHAHA (the girls above were on peewee 1) and Mon Valley to name a few

I’ve seen this as well, especially in the 12u ranks with higher end girls. 

So basically is it legal, yes. Do the programs have an issue with it?  It appears not. Is it feasible?  I have no idea how some of these families do it, playing 6-8 games a weekend in 2-4 different locations, but the only limitation appears to be money, time and caffeine. 

26 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

I’ve seen this as well, especially in the 12u ranks with higher end girls. 

So basically is it legal, yes. Do the programs have an issue with it?  It appears not. Is it feasible?  I have no idea how some of these families do it, playing 6-8 games a weekend in 2-4 different locations, but the only limitation appears to be money, time and caffeine. 

I know a lot of times the girls miss multiple games every year. I guess it's a coach decision as to who you take but it would bother me if Iost one of my players half the games to another team. 

13 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

I know a lot of times the girls miss multiple games every year. I guess it's a coach decision as to who you take but it would bother me if Iost one of my players half the games to another team. 

When you need players.....we need more girls playing.

21 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

I think typically the hierarchy is PPE, then PAHL. Most programs i know go out of their way to adjust schedules so they don’t gave girls and co-ed the same dates and times. 

It does suck as a coach, but i think most of them at the rec team level are willing to take them for the 15 games they get them and not sweat the 5 they miss.

1 hour ago, BeaverFalls said:

I think typically the hierarchy is PPE, then PAHL. Most programs i know go out of their way to adjust schedules so they don’t gave girls and co-ed the same dates and times. 

It does suck as a coach, but i think most of them at the rec team level are willing to take them for the 15 games they get them and not sweat the 5 they miss.

I think at squirt it isn't a big deal because everyone makes it  if I were coaching and I was looking at standings for playoffs I wouldn't take someone who was missing 25% of our games.  And I'm coming from a perspective of them being average to top players. If you are just rounding out rosters whatever. 

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

I think at squirt it isn't a big deal because everyone makes it  if I were coaching and I was looking at standings for playoffs I wouldn't take someone who was missing 25% of our games.  And I'm coming from a perspective of them being average to top players. If you are just rounding out rosters whatever. 

True. I’ve been on that side of the coin at a different level (tier ii vs HS).  That being said, I could understand missing our games for theirs.  Im not going to hold a kid back in that regards. 

Their program’s insistence on skipping our games for their practices is what frosted me a little at the time.  

But hey, its in the past now and everyone’s got to make their choices; and im out of the coaching game so its not an issue for me anymore.

10 hours ago, BeaverFalls said:

Yeah, this is pretty much entirely true. And that order of priority does make sense.

14 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Was referring to the girls PPE teams.  The first squirt team plays more games than the second squirt team.

To strictly answer the question, girls can multi roster but cannot participate in both girls and boys district\nationals - ya gotta pick one but for girls it is definitely a benefit to play coed up through at least one year of checking if possible. They will hopefully learn to play more aggressively and deal with the body contact much better than if they played only girls.

Pros:  more practice time, faster speed of play, more physicality

Cons: Burnout from too many games and too many practices (yes I said that). You could be on the ice 7 days a week with days that you have multiple games and or practices on the same day. is 80 - 100 games too many for one season? Too much travel. Excessively expensive. Different coaches that potentially focus on developing different skills and\or have no clue how to teach and develop skills or are too win focused for the age level. Confusion due to different coaches giving conflicting instructions on positioning, playing style, etc.  

In the end, it depends on the player. I've seen players that thrived on it and players that flamed out and quit. You gotta know your child and when it's not fun anymore then it's time to back off a bit.