Proposed PAHL rule

3 hours ago, Jkersman01 said:

I disagree vehemently with this logic but let’s say you’re exactly right. Make PAHL and PIHL the options for girls. Now it’s equal. How many PAHL girls have a legitimate shot at making a high school team? Remember the top girls aren’t playing PAHL now. I’d say very few especially at decent sized schools. Now girls make up less than 1% of the PIHL players- is that really a second option? You’re making the second option an option the girls are by and large not going to be able to actually have practically speaking.

Under this rule, like Bender said, a PAHL girl is now playing a 12 game PAHL season if she’s lucky (assuming  PAHL girls teams don’t crumble under this rule which some certainly will) and can’t crack a high school team. Practice once a week if she’s lucky on Saturday night. A boy is playing 25ish games for PAHL, regular practices, plus a full PIHL schedule, regular practices. 

Rules are now equal. Are they equitable?

Did you read what I said? Your disagreement has nothing to do with what I responded with. Your logic/example says anyone who is harassed should have their own safe space to play with like people. That was my comment to you. If you don't like how you come across or how you sound so ignorant,  as  you are recommended segregation in hockey with your example, that's on you. As you brought it out as the example and I'm just calling it what it is 

Back stepping into game counts and practices has nothing to do with my comment. 

Good damn lord. Ps . I'm a female ex college D1 athlete, and 3 sport HS all American,  so yeah. Tell me about female sports and our fight. Please. Enlighten me?!? 

My argument was with your poor example of why girls don't or won't want to play pihl and why they need other places.to play . Girls have fought for years across more than sports. FYI. So I take offense to you insinuating we can't handle some name calling when boys and girls  have unfortunately dealt with it for centuries. 

Im not engaging with you anymore. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ice is cold said:

Did you read what I said? Your disagreement has nothing to do with what I responded with. Your logic/example says anyone who is harassed should have their own safe space to play with like people. That was my comment to you. If you don't like how you come across or how you sound so ignorant,  as  you are recommended segregation in hockey with your example, that's on you. As you brought it out as the example and I'm just calling it what it is 

Back stepping into game counts and practices has nothing to do with my comment. 

Good damn lord. Ps . I'm a female ex college D1 athlete, and 3 sport HS all American,  so yeah. Tell me about female sports and our fight. Please. Enlighten me?!? 

My argument was with your poor example of why girls don't or won't want to play pihl and why they need other places.to play . Girls have fought for years across more than sports. FYI. So I take offense to you insinuating we can't handle some name calling when boys and girls  have unfortunately dealt with it for centuries. 

Im not engaging with you anymore. 

Nothing I said was personal to you at all. I’m just trying to engage in discussion to understand things better and understand perspectives. Sorry you got offended. Sometimes it is hard to really understand tone and viewpoint on message boards. Congrats on all your accomplishments and laying out why you’re way more qualified than me to have an opinion on this. I guess I’m just a concerned father, team manager, and friend to many families that are heartbroken by this and promised them I’d do what I could to understand perspectives and viewpoints better.  No D1 athlete here… you got me… overworked dad bod going on🤷😉

So are you saying we should essentially make all sports co-ed then? Come on, I’m not recommending segregation in hockey. Unreal. USA hockey has separate girls hockey rules and divisions for crying out loud.  Were your D1 and all American accolades co-ed too? If not, why did you play girls sports and not instead try to play high level boys sports? I’m getting off topic and don’t want this thread shut down in case there is other info anyone has on this that could help the debate before the vote occurs in a few weeks. Private message me if you still wish to engage, sorry you are bowing out. You might have a helpful perspective.

In have a feeling this is fizzling out. Great context on Facebook if anyone is interested in learning more and helping to support local girls hockey development. 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=841603716173422&story_fbid=2161727097494404

These are some of the families I’m supporting. 3 of these mothers are D1 athletes who helped me understand the inequities here. Maybe that will resonate with some of you since if my hot air will not. 

Edited by Jkersman01
  • Like 1

Just wait...... because you know it can't be far away. Every other female sport basically has had and maybe hockey already has too, the transgender athlete playing in the female division and the risk/probability of that causing injury.

This sport is so f'd up from the top of USA hockey down through every level.

Somehow the fun and enjoyment of this game needs to be placed back at the top of the priority list ahead of all of this other bullshit.

• Like 1
  • 100 2