Vengeance Tier 2 turnout?

Yesterday was the first night of 16u tier 2 tryouts at the new Vengeance. Anybody know what turnout was like? Compared to previous years? Was just curious. I was wondering if the new shine and the other organizations being shown the door would bring in a huge turnout or if it was basically the same with the same as usual. Of course I also thought Huskies would get a huge crowd last season with kind of starting new but it didn't seem to go that way. 

Also curious if they are absorbing the Vipers teams that played there, if those teams are planning to move somewhere else together and just use another org name or if those players are just scattering. It's a bit of a shame seeing one of the oldest orgs from around the area that so many played for over the years just... disappear.

It is a shame to see these programs disappear.  And it's the kids who ultimately suffer for it.

From what I was told, the Vipers were scheduled out of there, but played at McKnight Arena.  They are gone.  I heard from Vipers folks that some Vipers Stars players went to the Foxes, and a lot of the regular Vipers went -- or were going -- to the Arrows.

The Aviators left Alpha and went to McKnight.

A buddy of mine and I laughed last week because we said "wouldn't it be nice if we just had districts like they did in The Mighty Ducks"?  You just play for the team in the district where you live.  Simple.  Ha Ha!

Some places do the district play. I'm sure it has its own pros and cons but surely cuts down on lots of nonsense. Of course it's nice to have the opportunity to play with kids you don't play with at school otherwise wouldn't meet. But it would cut down on nonsense like letter shopping and people playing musical chairs every year.

3 hours ago, No Politics said:

A buddy of mine and I laughed last week because we said "wouldn't it be nice if we just had districts like they did in The Mighty Ducks"?  You just play for the team in the district where you live.  Simple.  Ha Ha!

But in the Mighty Ducks TV series, they seemed to do away with districting and went with a tryout model where kids that enrolled in camps and private lessons had a leg up on making the Ducks.  A few of us could benefit from listening to the speech about the "the stakes could not be lower" from the first episode of the TV series.