Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame

May be an image of hockey and text

We are going to start taking nominations for 50 years of players + coaches + teams + officials for the Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame in 2024

Thank you for all great thoughts and recognition of high school hockey legends ............your input is greatly appreciated and you are welcome to nominate candidates as a part of the Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame General Assembly beginning in 2024......details to follow.

You know, i honestly dont think that there is anyone better for this than the Central Catholic Viking’s own Evan Benscoter. From his dazzling dekes and dangles to his howitzer the kid is destined for greatness. If we’re actually having a discussion about Western PA high school hockey legends, look no further than this living legend himself. 

• Like 2
  • Are you sure? 1
  • Epic 1

Good Morning and Happy New Year to all

After our first meeting of the Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame to begin this process, I would like invite each of you to complete the attached spreadsheet of  your Top 15 Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame selections for Eastern or Western Pennsylvania Players or Coaches. Your selections will be taken into consideration and tests for knowledge of High School Hockey. 

Please submit your list to me prior to February 15th  to jeffmauro@aol,com

All Selections must have participated from 1969 to Present 

Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame REV 2024.xlsx

On 2/4/2024 at 10:52 AM, Pa Hockey said:

After our first meeting of the Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame to begin this process, I would like invite each of you to complete the attached spreadsheet of  your Top 15 Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame selections for Eastern or Western Pennsylvania Players or Coaches. Your selections will be taken into consideration and tests for knowledge of High School Hockey. 

Please submit your list to me prior to February 15th  to jeffmauro@aol.com

Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame REV 2024.xlsx 43.65 kB · 16 downloads

Lots of emails and great responses have come in 

• 2 weeks later...
After our first meeting of the Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame to begin this process, I would like invite each of you to complete the attached spreadsheet of your Top 15 Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame selections for Eastern or Western Pennsylvania Players or Coaches. Your selections will be taken into consideration and tests for knowledge of High School Hockey.
Please submit your list to me to jeffmauro@aol.com

On 2/4/2024 at 10:52 AM, Pa Hockey said:

Please submit your list to me prior to February 15th  to jeffmauro@aol,com

Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame REV 2024.xlsx 43.65 kB · 29 downloads

All Responses with be given consideration 

• 3 weeks later...

The Pa Hockey Foundation has begun the process of honoring Players, Coaches, Officials and teams for over 50 years in Pennsylvania.  The Nomination Form is now available for the Top 15 Players and Coaches and should be submitted to Jeff Mauro at jeffmauro@aol.com .

The goal is to have an induction of the Inaugural Class in March 2025 for Eastern and Western Pennsylvania. To be considered for the Eastern and Western Pennsylvania Selection Committees, please submit your selections to PAHF. 

General Assembly of Member Schools

Eastern and Western Pennsylvania Schools will be part of the General Assembly to help honoring Players, Coaches, Officials and Teams for over 50 years for the Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame. Our Vision is as Individuals and Teams are inducted, we welcome our school organizations, families, teammates and the hockey community to join us in celebrating the achievements at an Annual Banquet in honoring Players, Coaches, Officials and Teams from Eastern and Western Pennsylvania.

The General Assembly will have one or more individuals from Eastern and Western Pennsylvania Schools in charge of Celebrations of Historical Records and Accomplishment of each organization to displayed on the Pa Hockey Website at www.pahockey.net and League Websites.

Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame – Funding

In 2026, the Pennsylvania High School Hockey Championships will celebrate the 50th year of the annual event. The Championships have been chronicled in the Book - Pennsylvania High School Hockey Championships.

I will be making 300 Books available to the General Assembly for Distribution to school organizations, families, teammates and the hockey community at a discounted price of $ 20.00 and available in lots of 10 to delivered in March 2024. Books will be available online per below or by mailing a check to Pa Hockey Foundation PO Box 10598 Pittsburgh PA 15235. Part of the Proceeds from Book Sales will be donated to fund Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame

Pennsylvania High School Hockey Championships BOOKS

20 Books at $ 400

http://www.pahockey.net/forms/25526-Pennsylvania-High-School-Hockey-Championships-by-Jeff-Mauro-BOOK-PURCHASE-FORM-FOR-BOOK-SIGNING-EVENTS-ONLY-clone-clone-

10 Books at $ 200

Pennsylvania High School Hockey Championships - by Jeff Mauro BOOK PURCHASE FORM (FOR BOOK SIGNING EVENTS ONLY) (clone) - PA Hockey Foundation

Mail Check to Pa Hockey Foundation PO Box 10598 Pittsburgh PA 15235

Please Note:

Books for Eastern Pennsylvania Schools will be delivered on Saturday March 23rd at Haverford Skatium

Books for Western Pennsylvania Schools will be delivered during the Pengiuns Cup Playoffs to RMU or UPMC Lemieux

THANK YOU for Supporting the Pennsylvania High School Hockey Hall of Fame