Team PA - 11s and 12s Brick tournament

1-9 in Edmonton between the two teams.
How long will Pens coaches hold the keys to Brick with these type of results and blatant disregard for talented players from Pittsburgh not playing at Pens.

2022 - 2011s 1-4, 2012s 0-5

2010s - Covid

2019 - 2009s - 2-3

2018 - 2008s - 0-6 

• Like 1

hey if these parents are willing to pay they will continue to go, but I agree they need to be bought out of this for sure..... NONE of the team pa teams have made it into the playoffs YET.  but at that age they will tell every parent their kids the next Sid. and they believe it !!!

• Like 1

I have been waiting for someone to bring the Team PA Brick team up for a long time. They need to just disband the Team and let another state take their spot. Statistically the worst team collectively EVER with a win percentage of .189. The team always consists of mostly PPE kids and NOT even the best one's each year. Team PA is a bigger money grab than PPE. How can a parent be excited to travel over 2,100 miles knowing damn well you don't stand a chance. He my kid made the Team PA Brick team and then someone looks it up and sees how bad the team is. The team has won a total of 10 games in 9yrs competing.  It can't be an honor when they constantly leave better kids off of the roster. I would bet my own money that someone outside of the PPE/Flyers organizations (who pick the team) could build a better team each year than the one picked. 

I am surprised that the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers professional organizations allow them to use their patches for how bad they are consistently. 

11 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

I would bet my own money that someone outside of the PPE/Flyers organizations (who pick the team) could build a better team each year than the one picked. 

Absolutely. The issue is that Brick is used as a recruiting tool by Pens to keep young kids away from Vengeance and they care so much about their brand that they absolutely refuse to acknowledge that other Pittsburgh players that CHOOSE not to play Pens at the young ages could possibly be good enough. Hands down the best 12’ plays at Vengeance. What about the Black team kids under the same roof that have had two years of that top notch on and off ice training? Imagine if an evaluator rated a Black team kid above a gold team kid and The Pens coaches didn’t get enact their class system. Anarchy!

2 hours ago, RMU Alum said:

Absolutely. The issue is that Brick is used as a recruiting tool by Pens to keep young kids away from Vengeance and they care so much about their brand that they absolutely refuse to acknowledge that other Pittsburgh players that CHOOSE not to play Pens at the young ages could possibly be good enough. Hands down the best 12’ plays at Vengeance. What about the Black team kids under the same roof that have had two years of that top notch on and off ice training? Imagine if an evaluator rated a Black team kid above a gold team kid and The Pens coaches didn’t get enact their class system. 

That is definitely true. They basically tell the local parents that if you want to be on the Brick team that you have to play for the PPE. They have used it as recruiting also, there have been kids from the out of town picks that end up on the PPE the following year. The Brick has taken 1 kid from the Vengeance. They have chosen kids from the Black team to multiple tryouts but again NOT the best one's. If they let unbiased people pick this team they would actually stand a chance but until then they will be 1 of the worst (the worst) teams statically every year in that tournament from players to goalies to overall record.