Slippery Rock Hockey - Time to bring back the Program

Its time because the ACHA Wannabe's are a little too complacent in their recruiting efforts and letting a lot of good local talent slip to their d2 teams or cutting them. 

So if you're a 7 / 8 Def or 13-16 Forward on Pitt, IUP, RMU or other local ACHA Power pay attention and you can go someplace like SRU and get a good education and play for this once up and coming ACHA Dynamo. The four year hiatus is over and it;s time to rebuild the Pride of Slippery Rock !

Edited by Pa Hockey
  • Poop 1

Look Above JNqFjBjUlPFIWvA-800x450-noPad.jpg?1678680488

Slippery Rock University in Pennsylvania has had a suspension placed on their club men's hockey team for a few years now. They had broke school rules outside of the rink and the school decided to suspend the team all together. Now years later with the team all graduated and gone, there is still no ice hockey team for the men to play on at the university. The school is filled with many players dying to keep playing the game they have loved their entire life. I am a current freshman at the university and want nothing more than to be able to play hockey again. We have never been a part of the school's team and we had absolutely nothing to do with the mistakes of the past, all we want to do is continue to play the game that has absolutely changed our lives, like many others. We are fighting to bring the team back for the next coming season of 2023-2024. We don't want to continue waiting around to play the sport we love.

Edited by Pa Hockey

I've seen other teams successfully bring back a club hockey team after suspension or hiatus. It takes a lot of work and commitment from students, as club sports are ultimately run by them with their club sports director. Get a core of strong students, a list of potential players already on campus, prospective incoming freshman, possibly a donation lined up to offset some ice costs and hope the club sports director likes hockey 🤷 and isn't lazy.  Just my thoughts. 

7 hours ago, Pa Hockey said:

So if you're a 7 / 8 Def or 13-16 Forward on Pitt, IUP, RMU or other local ACHA Power pay attention and you can go someplace like SRU and get a good education and play for this once up and coming ACHA Dynamo

Soooo........ now people should leave their school of choice (presumably for the academics) so they can be a top 9 forward or top 6 d on a different club team?

I thought they were student athletes which means academics as priority 1.

If this was football and they were athlete students - different story.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

Soooo........ now people should leave their school of choice (presumably for the academics) so they can be a top 9 forward or top 6 d on a different club team?

I thought they were student athletes which means academics as priority 1.

If this was football and they were athlete students - different story.

As I'm in agreement, I'm putting one of my previous post below...and I'll add, i'd question an academic advisor or coach who suggested my kid did differently. (Well, unless my kid was Crosby in the making, but we would know that way before college visits 🤣

----------

Just a thought here.... kids pick the college based on the college and the degrees they offer (crazy, I know) and are happy they have a club hockey team and can play the sport they love while getting the education they want at a campus that fits their personality and they are happy living there for 4 years 🤷🤔. I don't know about any of you, but I'd rather my kid come out with a good job vs trophy and a secured spot on the top beer league team. 

Edited by ice is cold