You might be a delusional hockey parent

1 hour ago, dazedandconfused said:

The "doubter" prefers a full set of data, that's all.

That's what makes it factual.

I could take partial sets of data and manipulate it many ways until it fit a narrative just as you have.

I'll continue doubting until you provide a full set of facts.

Enjoy.

You definitely seem to think that NAHL tenders have no value. But if you take the current incomplete number, and complete the number with more information, it seems that the missing data would have to be a whole lot worse than the 60% incomplete number to decrease the total to even below 50%. And 50% success rate seems to be a pretty decent number for kids making a team with a tender. But maybe you can compile the rest of the data and complete the graph to prove my theory wrong. 

14 hours ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

You definitely seem to think that NAHL tenders have no value. But if you take the current incomplete number, and complete the number with more information, it seems that the missing data would have to be a whole lot worse than the 60% incomplete number to decrease the total to even below 50%. And 50% success rate seems to be a pretty decent number for kids making a team with a tender. But maybe you can compile the rest of the data and complete the graph to prove my theory wrong. 

Most scientific studies are done without "complete data", researchers compile enough data to form a representative population size and use that as the basis for a conclusion.  There are and always will be outliers, and those are normally not used because they are so outside of what the expected norm would be.  Obviously, we are not doing medical research here, but this comment is correct, based off of what is shown, the missing data would have to skew dramatically one way or another to significantly move the overall results one way or another.  There's probably enough provided here to be pretty confident that the 50% number is representative of the whole give or take a few percentage points one way or another.  Maybe assume that number would fall in the 47%-53% range.  Thoughts?

• 100 1