On 4/13/2024 at 2:57 AM, Rewster said:

I think that you’re glossing over my point.

My point is that when the usual and customary hierarchy of (*almost) every organization’s competitive ranking of their teams ranges progressively from “B” to “AAA” and there’s an obvious misrepresentation of the organization’s competitive hierarchy…then this is obviously a glaring problem. The Preds can be grouped into this category as evidenced by their “AA” PAHL team demonstrating unquestionably superior peer rankings (or by any measurable metrics / analytics / or comparison of competition through common opponents); when compared with the same organization’s “AAA” Independent team…this is what I am highlighting as my point. Not what level of advanced scouting that is in attendance for their team’s PAHL “AA” games. That doesn’t matter here.

The fact that the AA team garnered outside interest at all in the first place (and the AAA team did not) is what is glaring about the whole situation to me. It further illustrates the perceived talent gap between the organization’s same age composition of their top teams. When we look at the price difference involved between the AAA team and the AA team and then look at who’s really benefiting…this should become clear…which is my whole point.

That AA coach has a really good track record 

• Haha 1

Reminder that the Yetis are looking to field a 16U National Bound team and are having two free pre-tryout sessions (TOMORROW and Tuesday) for any '08 or '09 skaters.  Those dates are:

Sunday 4/21 from 2:30pm - 3:50pm

Tuesday 4/23 from 5:50pm - 7:00pm

The link to the Google form to sign up is HERE.

Some additional information that may help your decision:  

- Their 16U team last year played A Major Black and had a great season overall.

- They were made up of almost all first-year ('08) players -- fourteen of them.  Most of those players should be coming back, as it was a tight-knit, friendly team.

- They are hoping to make the jump to AA National Bound.  Whether or not they do depends on what talent they get to replace the three or four '07s that aged out.  

- If they are able to make that jump, they plan on having paid, non-parent coaches.

- There is no overlap because they have the last tryouts locally (4/26 to 4/28), so any high-level player looking for an opportunity to play at a higher level will still have that chance.

I am just sharing this.  Not looking to debate the organization, location, dates, coaches, etc.  If you or someone you know can use it, great.  If not, great.

Edited by No Politics
Time Change

18UAA NATIONAL BOUND TRYOUTS START TOMORROW THE 24TH!!
TRYOUT REGISTRATION: www.pghaviators.com
️Head Coach Bryant Hank
️40-50+ games including PAHL Schedule, 18UAA Silver Sticks and additional local and national tournaments
️FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITIES to cover 100% of season fees
️Consistent practices slots at the Roy McKnight Hockey Center
️Goalie and skills sessions
️Tryout fees go towards tuition
️Take your game to the next level ⬆️⬆️⬆️
MYHockey Rankings PA Hockeyimage.jpeg.e341510f85b6bd0a072bc2cf1385c5c5.jpeg

On 4/23/2024 at 10:33 AM, PittsburghHockeyFan said:

18UAA NATIONAL BOUND TRYOUTS START TOMORROW THE 24TH!!
TRYOUT REGISTRATION: www.pghaviators.com
️Head Coach Bryant Hank
️40-50+ games including PAHL Schedule, 18UAA Silver Sticks and additional local and national tournaments
️FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITIES to cover 100% of season fees
️Consistent practices slots at the Roy McKnight Hockey Center
️Goalie and skills sessions
️Tryout fees go towards tuition
️Take your game to the next level ⬆️⬆️⬆️
MYHockey Rankings PA Hockeyimage.jpeg.e341510f85b6bd0a072bc2cf1385c5c5.jpeg

Still time to register for tonight! 8:30 PM PGHAVIATORS.COM

Edited by PittsburghHockeyFan
time

16U Yetis tryouts start this evening (Friday the 26th) at 5:30pm.  Registration is still open.

Info can be found here, then by clicking on the "MIDGET 16U (08/09) - NATIONAL BOUND TEAM" tab.

Last season's team was A Major Black, and they are shooting for AA this season.  They had fourteen '08s on that team, and ten of them are returning.  

According to the board member I spoke to, they are hoping to have TWO teams at the 16U level, and already have over thirty kids signed up for tryouts.  

So if you know any 16U kids still looking for homes, there is still time to register.