U18 “AAA” same old story year after year

1 hour ago, Jack Handey said:

Case in point, a recent Preds 03 worked his way onto a NAHL team this summer.  It appears he had been cut, but now picked up by an NCDC team.

How is the NCDC these days? Has it been improving or no? Seems like the NAHL is still probably an overall better league.

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

@Saucey that’s a great reply. I myself was guilty of not saying no when my kids were much younger, not so much with sports but life in general.  In life we all want the best for our kids, we want our kids to out live us, have even better lives. I understand your logic BUT year after year after year with these few teams it’s the same result. It’s maddening - parents are not doing what’s best for their kids imo. Tier 3 garbage junior hockey has somewhat gutted midget aaa over the past few years, a lot of the dream chasing parents gravitate towards it. So who is left to fill the roster of these basement dwelling “aaa” teams ? is it really just education - uneducated parents thinking they are opening a door for their kid ? 

I have seen some very smart, good people make these kinds of decisions. Say, "I know it isn't going anywhere." And then proceed to overpay for a bad AAA or pay to play junior team. Some think they are getting more than they do, so do fall into that, bought the sales pitch or uneducated category.

It really is very emotional for some people. What if....this does lead to something? Do I want them to accuse me of not helping them? 

You can't fight with that. But you can take advantage of that, and that has been pointed out here many, many times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saucey said:

I wouldn't knock anymone for paying $14000 a year to play junior Tier III who also understands ncaa div III is as high as their kid is going to get. But....is that really what people are aiming for when they do that?

I suppose that’s the goal ? A lot of these ncca3 teams -  if you are willing to pay the high cost of the private school and your kid is half decent, he/she will make the team. Sports are used as a lure for these small d3 schools to get ppl to pay the bill. A lot of them are not good on the education side. If you want to pursue ncaa d3 or tier 3 juniors the EHL is the only way to go in the states. The usphl is u20 varsity hockey. 

speaking of tier 3 junior hockey - Wooster was just tossed out of the usphl. as crooked as that leauge is, what do you have to do to get tossed out ???!!!!??? 

1 hour ago, RJUSHL said:

How is the NCDC these days? Has it been improving or no? Seems like the NAHL is still probably an overall better league.

It’s still considered tier 2.5 for the most part. It hasn’t changed much. It’s decent hockey. The top line on just about every team is nahl capable. It starts to drop hard when you get to the 3rd & 4th lines along with bottom d pairing’s.  The bottom half is pretty much tier 3 kids that have big money advisors. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 7:04 PM, Danner27 said:

I suppose that’s the goal ? A lot of these ncca3 teams -  if you are willing to pay the high cost of the private school and your kid is half decent, he/she will make the team. Sports are used as a lure for these small d3 schools to get ppl to pay the bill. A lot of them are not good on the education side. If you want to pursue ncaa d3 or tier 3 juniors the EHL is the only way to go in the states. The usphl is u20 varsity hockey. 

I don't think ncaa Iii is the goal. I think the kids want to go to the Chel or Div 1. Which is my point, not a great choice to go do that.

• Like 1