New Hockey Parent ?

Oighir,  welcome to the forum.  You bring a lot of great points into the discussion.  We need more new voices around here to share their experiences and opinions.  Looks like the landscape of youth hockey around here will be changing greatly this year.  So far the only tryouts I have seen are for the Huskies.  I bet we see them all coming out within the next few weeks.  Can't wait to see the official word from the Renegades and Vengeance.

13 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Oighir,  welcome to the forum.  You bring a lot of great points into the discussion.  We need more new voices around here to share their experiences and opinions.  Looks like the landscape of youth hockey around here will be changing greatly this year.  So far the only tryouts I have seen are for the Huskies.  I bet we see them all coming out within the next few weeks.  Can't wait to see the official word from the Renegades and Vengeance.

Almost every local organization has posted their tryouts either on their website or Facebook EXCEPT for national bound teams.

36 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Almost every local organization has posted their tryouts either on their website or Facebook EXCEPT for national bound teams.

I must be looking in the wrong places!  We should start a thread for orgs to post their tryout info!

2 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

I must be looking in the wrong places!  We should start a thread for orgs to post their tryout info!

Usually someone does, I am surprised that no has yet with some of these people.

The Aviators moving to the McKight Center @ Shadyside Academy with Eric Tangradi leading the program may be a good option. It's new and unproven, but I would be willing to give it a chance seeing that he has improved the Prep team significantly. I forsee there being more attention to detail with them being a smaller organization with his calibar of leadership.

15 minutes ago, ANKLEBENDER said:

The Aviators moving to the McKight Center @ Shadyside Academy with Eric Tangradi leading the program may be a good option. It's new and unproven, but I would be willing to give it a chance seeing that he has improved the Prep team significantly. I forsee there being more attention to detail with them being a smaller organization with his calibar of leadership.

It will be interesting to see if the Aviators have the ice time and/or desire to grow the Aviators or if it will stay as a smaller niche organization targeting AA players.  Presently, there is no Aviators mite program.  I have heard that is one of the goals moving to SSA is that they will have an ADM program with Tangradi leading it.  This year (2023/2024) the Aviators have the following PAHL teams:

U10 (2013)--AA

U12 (2012)--A Major Black

U12 (2011)--AA

U14----A Major Gold 

U14 (2010)--A Major Black  (I might have some of the 14 U teams mixed up)  

U14 (2010)--AA

U14 (2009)--AA

U16--A Major Gold

6 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Thank you hockeyisgreat. It's nice to see a forum about the area that doesn't seem to be riddled with anger and constant bickering. 

On 2/8/2024 at 12:09 PM, ANKLEBENDER said:

Why do you think this? You should go on MHR and look at rating for the past several years.

4 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

He's involved with Aviators? As a coach?!

Well, make that TWO coaches I wouldn't let near my kids. 

And that isn't all the guy did, he's been found guilty of insurance fraud also. When he was an agent. 

Edited by nemesis8679
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 7:02 PM, Astheskateturns said:

Why do you think this? You should go on MHR and look at rating for the past several years.

Just an observtion by officiatng their games. I don't look at rankings much. I've noticed the players and team play noticeably improve (feeling if I actually notice it while doing their games, i feel safe to say significant) comparitive to the same teams they've played over the past few seasons. Not saying they have improved more than the other same teams they play each year, but noticed they've played them better or have increased their competitveness. As I said, I have no analytics to back this up, just what I have seen 1st hand.