Initial PAHL Placements

8 hours ago, Saucey said:

Definitely some teams that should have been placed differently. There are kids who can barely skate on some these teams. Yay for the watering of AA.

Bro, who cares if they can skate or not. They have the extra "A", right? You don't want to play on one of the lowly "A" teams and actually be able to contribute to the team, you know? 

• 100 1

13 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

Bro, who cares if they can skate or not. They have the extra "A", right? You don't want to play on one of the lowly "A" teams and actually be able to contribute to the team, you know? 

Wow, these kids went to tryouts and were placed on these teams.  Sounds more like a PAHL issue to me! I sometimes think that jealousy is what motivates people to comment about the extra A's thrown out!  Why else would it get so many comments on these sites?

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow, these kids went to tryouts and were placed on these teams.  Sounds more like a PAHL issue to me! I sometimes think that jealousy is what motivates people to comment about the extra A's thrown out!  Why else would it get so many comments on these sites?

Because it has ruined hockey and hockey development in this area. 

And yeah, some kids went to tryouts and got placed on a team. That's great. But if you think for a second all those teams are taking the best kids available for every position, you either have your head in the sand, are misinformed, or have a kid that is on a AA team that is there firstly because of encumbancy or another connection and secondly because of hockey. There's a lot of AA players (and some AAA as well) in this area that wouldn't even crack the first line or first d-pairing on the "lower" team. 

But you probably don't want to hear that. 

33 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

ou either have your head in the sand, are misinformed, or have a kid that is on a AA team that is there firstly because of encumbancy or another connection and secondly because of hockey. 

He is a cheerleader Grandpa, claiming that he wants to learn the sport. However, he is not overly tolerant of criticism from people who have been playing or have kids playing in the system for years. His desire is to be constantly positive, which is cool. But he pounces on people who are not, which I find not cool.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Saucey said:

He is a cheerleader Grandpa, claiming that he wants to learn the sport. However, he is not overly tolerant of criticism from people who have been playing or have kids playing in the system for years. His desire is to be constantly positive, which is cool. But he pounces on people who are not, which I find not cool.

Do you think Hockey is Ruined in this area?  I do think the only people who come on here are disgruntled about something related to their kids Hockey experiences!  I'm trying not to "Pounce"!  Neat word!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Do you think Hockey is Ruined in this area?  I do think the only people who come on here are disgruntled about something related to their kids Hockey experiences!  I'm trying not to "Pounce"!  Neat word!

I have been on here a few years and discussed my views on hockey in this area many times. You participated in many of those threads. My opinion hasn't changed, my kids are almost aged out and I no longer care enough to engage and repeat. If you really want to refresh, you can read my old posts 

11 hours ago, Saucey said:

I have been on here a few years and discussed my views on hockey in this area many times. You participated in many of those threads. My opinion hasn't changed, my kids are almost aged out and I no longer care enough to engage and repeat. If you really want to refresh, you can read my old posts 

No thanks, your opinion really isn't that important to me.   I just try to generate some discussion on an otherwise dull message board lately!

• Ugh!!! 1

6 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

No thanks, your opinion really isn't that important to me.   I just try to generate some discussion on an otherwise dull message board lately!

So you're supposedly here to learn about hockey, however don't want to listen to and disregard people who have lived it and experienced it for years? Got it. 

• 100 2