Belmont - Same sh*t different day

23 hours ago, Wes said:

As far as Center Ice aka Palmer Imaging Arena, even though my son played AA there for multiple years roughly 2012-2020, we would very often routinely get "reverse homered" by the refs and pretty much always be on the short end of the stick in terms of power plays.  And our teams were skill based, not goon based AA teams like other teams in that timeframe.  

So I will disagree that during that timeframe at that level home teams had the advantage, because we were constantly on the short end at home there.

So for ~8 years you were "reverse homered" but at a few other rinks the home team got the calls. If your rosters stayed somewhat consistent over the years I'm seeing a common denominator...

• Like 2

Most officials, especially the better ones in the area, skate at many rinks for multiple schedulars and do not give a sh*t who is home/away. So are you infering that there is a large portion of officials that are subconsciously and/or intentionally influenced to make calls by parents, coaches, and fans?

I can attest that Allegheny had a meeting a few years ago with PIHO as to why the "better officials" did not want to officiate their games and the reasons that came out of the meeting were the culture of the organizaton (the way the parents, coaches, kids acted) with the distance of travel being a small factor.

Preds organization are actually #1 in this area with PGH Icemen in the mix too. (I suggest anyone who wants good entertainment go get a 6 pack and watch them play each other)

This has been building a long time and COVID escalated the shortage of officials vs too many games to officiate issue. 

On 10/31/2023 at 11:34 AM, JerryTime said:

So for ~8 years you were "reverse homered" but at a few other rinks the home team got the calls. If your rosters stayed somewhat consistent over the years I'm seeing a common denominator...

I can 100% assure you bad behavior / mouthing off, unsportsmanlike was never part of any team or from any of the coaches that I managed during timeframe.  

The consistent thing was that our team was usually received many more penalties each game at home.  

it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Wes said:

I can 100% assure you bad behavior / mouthing off, unsportsmanlike was never part of any team or from any of the coaches that I managed during timeframe.  

The consistent thing was that our team was usually received many more penalties each game at home.  

it is what it is.

The only team in the Badgers history that had good kids, parents and coaches 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • 100 1

48 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

The only team in the Badgers history that had good kids, parents and coaches 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank you.  I will take credit for keeping the players somewhat inline on the teams managed throughout the years.  I take no responsibility for the parents, although I don't recall issues there either. Maybe you never were on an excellently managed team.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 9:52 AM, ANKLEBENDER said:

Most officials, especially the better ones in the area, skate at many rinks for multiple schedulars and do not give a sh*t who is home/away. So are you infering that there is a large portion of officials that are subconsciously and/or intentionally influenced to make calls by parents, coaches, and fans?

If you look at @Wes's original list, one which with I happen to largely agree, you can see that the rinks he says have issues are the ones further out. I have always felt that the refs got worse the further I was from Pittsburgh, and if you think about it, there's a logic to it. After all, how many refs can there be living in Indiana? They have to take the ones that are willing to go there, don't they? In my heart I have always sort of assumed that the refs at Indiana (and the others, especially Belmont, where local teams can get away with almost anything at times) were locals and that's just how it is because nobody else wanted to drive that far.

• Like 2