New Rink Near Airport?

I don’t see any commercial construction projects permitted for anything of the sorts in that area using multiple search engines through my work. 

Not saying it’s not happening, but if it is it’s likely very early on in the process. 

Maybe shoot a message to Murray Gunty, as I’m sure he’s involved in some capacity.

1 hour ago, nemesis8679 said:

Nobody wants to drive out there. 

It's no further than Alpha, or Baierl, or Delmont, or Printscape, from the city. Much less Kitanning or Armstrong or Hess. And it would be less irritating to drive to than Rostraver.

If I have learned anything in my many years of involvement with ice hockey in the region, it's that people drive for ice.

Having said that, I haven't been able to find anything about this in any of the construction industry sources I use for work either.

1 hour ago, Lifelongbender said:

It's no further than Alpha, or Baierl, or Delmont, or Printscape, from the city. Much less Kitanning or Armstrong or Hess. And it would be less irritating to drive to than Rostraver.

If I have learned anything in my many years of involvement with ice hockey in the region, it's that people drive for ice.

Having said that, I haven't been able to find anything about this in any of the construction industry sources I use for work either.

I’d rather drive there before Alpha, Kittanning, New Ken, Delmont, YMCA, Mt. Lebanon or Ice Castle. 

• 2 months later...

Does anyone else know anything about this? In the Post-Gazette today, it says that Robert Morris is seeking "$10 million to for construction of a new 100,000-square-foot hockey facility with two sheets of ice, seating for 2,500 fans, at least four team locker rooms, concession stands, restrooms, office space for the college’s hockey programs, and additional parking."

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/development/2024/02/24/oakland-walnut-capital-mckee-place-state-redevelopment-assistance-capital-grants/stories/202402240046

I also found this which visually suggests it could tie into the current facility - perhaps replacing the two outdoor sheets of ice:

https://architizer.com/projects/robert-morris-university-hockey-arena-concept/

Edited by Rebel Panther

• 4 weeks later...