You might be a delusional hockey parent

13 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Hey U15 Pens dad - we see you.   You need to look at the U16 and U18 rosters - the majority of players are not local kids.

But give it time.  Soon enough when your kid gets into those older age groups he will face “different odds” on his path to the NHL.

Let’s circle back after tryouts, yes?

8 minutes ago, MashedTaters00 said:

That’s the problem with this thread. Everyone thinks their kid is going to the NHL. everyone on here thinks that. Sorry to burst your bubble but that is not the mindset of all. My personal child is a 2011 but know many on this Pens team and similar birth years. I only could hope my child can have a similar experience.  Like I said in a previous post, anyone who thinks their kid is going to the NHL isn’t thinking straight. There is so much more to these experiences. What drives me nuts is the disgruntled keyboard cowboys that think their child belongs somewhere they aren’t and blames everyone for their faults. Seems like another jealous human upset their kid isn’t celebrating in a city hosting a national championship. Semi finals 2 years in a row is a great accomplishment for that team and those players and families. NHL isn’t always the only goal. Most know that but won’t accept it. That’s too bad. Hockey is a great sport that offers so much more than just the NHL. Open your eyes. 

1 hour ago, MashedTaters00 said:

That’s the problem with this thread. Everyone thinks their kid is going to the NHL. everyone on here thinks that. Sorry to burst your bubble but that is not the mindset of all. My personal child is a 2011 but know many on this Pens team and similar birth years. I only could hope my child can have a similar experience.  Like I said in a previous post, anyone who thinks their kid is going to the NHL isn’t thinking straight. There is so much more to these experiences. What drives me nuts is the disgruntled keyboard cowboys that think their child belongs somewhere they aren’t and blames everyone for their faults. Seems like another jealous human upset their kid isn’t celebrating in a city hosting a national championship. Semi finals 2 years in a row is a great accomplishment for that team and those players and families. NHL isn’t always the only goal. Most know that but won’t accept it. That’s too bad. Hockey is a great sport that offers so much more than just the NHL. Open your eyes. 

Interesting that you did not address my comment that most of the U16 and U18 players are not Pittsburgh locals like you claimed they were.

Open your eyes.

3 hours ago, MashedTaters00 said:

Pucks11…. You are completely out of your mind. You are the definition of the title of this thread… DELUSIONAL. So fitting. The kids in the high level teams like Pens have earned their spots. Unlike the prep schools, the Pens are majority local and yet they are still competing in North Dakota. Totally shuts your theory and stupid thought process down. Clearly you have a kid that can’t hang with the Pens. That’s ok. Just accept it, move on, and play AA. 

How does that shut my theory up that all the best kids DON'T have to play at Pens? They BARELY beat the 60th ranked team to make it to nationals. The game before that they were losing to the same team that wasn't even trying because they already earned a spot in the championship where the Pens didn't because they went to OT with the 35th ranked team and lost a point. If you took the leftovers from Pens just in Pittsburgh not even Midams I guarantee the leftovers would win.

Also all those kids did not EARN those spots. The 3 imports never tried out and walked right on. The 1 forward has been guaranteed a spot because his daddy cop got a higher up in the organizations brother off on drug charges, 1 defensemans daddy has coached/taught classes since day 1 and he was on the black team for years, another defensemans parents just have a ton of money to throw around, another forwards parents billet to keep their kid on the team. They got lucky that Vengo team imploded and picked up some of their kids. You can preach local kids but just like last year their 2 best kid are leaving and they will bring in 2 more to run that team because they don't have depth. 3 of the top 4 scorers are either imports or from out of town. All the "local" kids are on the 3rd and 4rh line behind the imports and out of towers except for 2.

Edited by Pucks11

3 hours ago, Salsemotionalfriend said:

Hey, you can’t talk like that to Pucks. Pucks is my best friend. 

Good win today, the PK was on point. I have you pegged down to 2 parents and 1 we are friends, the other ahh his wife slept with another dad on a previous Pens team they played on but they played it off as "just friends".

Edited by Pucks11

7 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

How does that shut my theory up that all the best kids DON'T have to play at Pens? They BARELY beat the 60th ranked team to make it to nationals. The game before that they were losing to the same team that wasn't even trying because they already earned a spot in the championship where the Pens didn't because they went to OT with the 35th ranked team and lost a point. If you took the leftovers from Pens just in Pittsburgh not even Midams I guarantee the leftovers would win.

Also all those kids did not EARN those spots. The 3 imports never tried out and walked right on. The 1 forward has been guaranteed a spot because his daddy cop got a higher up in the organizations brother off on drug charges, 1 defensemans daddy has coached/taught classes since day 1 and he was on the black team for years, another defensemans parents just have a ton of money to throw around, another forwards parents billet to keep their kid on the team. They got lucky that Vengo team imploded and picked up some of their kids. You can preach local kids but just like last year their 2 best kid are leaving and they will bring in 2 more to run that team because they don't have depth. 3 of the top 4 scorers are either imports or from out of town. All the "local" kids are on the 3rd and 4rh line behind the imports and out of towers except for 2.

Pucks11, you seem to be a guy that has it all figured out. Ever consider starting a team with all your AA castoffs that can beat Pens 8 out of 10 times? You could buy an 18 wheeler and cover it with all your tier 1 national banners and drive around town. It would be quite the flex. Just a thought…

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, hockeydadx3 said:

Pucks11, you seem to be a guy that has it all figured out. Ever consider starting a team with all your AA castoffs that can beat Pens 8 out of 10 times? You could buy an 18 wheeler and cover it with all your tier 1 national banners and drive around town. It would be quite the flex. Just a thought…

That Vengeance team that beat the Pens was a bunch of PPE castoffs then they lost to them 2 out of 3 and begged those kids to come back. Another it's PPE or nothing dad. How's the Kool aid? Every kid that isn't on Pens is AA now👍🏻🤣.
💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Edited by Pucks11

9 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

Good win today, the PK was on point. I have you pegged down to 2 parents and 1 we are friends, the other ahh his wife slept with another dad on a previous Pens team they played on but they played it off as "just friends".

They were “emotional friends” 😂

• ROTF 1

1 hour ago, Pucks11 said:

That Vengeance team that beat the Pens was a bunch of PPE castoffs then they lost to them 2 out of 3 and begged those kids to come back. Another it's PPE or nothing dad. How's the Kool aid? Every kid that isn't on Pens is AA now👍🏻🤣.
💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Oh wow. Most anti pens posters are also in the camp that all the other AAA teams in the area are faux AAA teams filled with kids whose parents are searching for that additional A.  It’s hard to keep track. Sorry for the assumption. One constant on this forum is all the trolls come out of the woodworks when a Pens team loses to a local team. Good for you, a Vengeance team beat a Pens team twice. Really something to hang your hat on.  

Edited by hockeydadx3

On 4/2/2024 at 10:41 AM, Not in the cult said:

that coach is a liar and not a good human being.  Parents let their kids play for him the are not good parent. He calls kids names that their worst enemies wouldn’t call them.  Basically a bully to kids. Parents are afraid to say anything cause he guarantees he is going to get them to juniors.   That guy shouldn’t be aloud to coach.  Ask all the refs and other teams.  That guy is destroying Esmark’s rep.    While you have yuri which is an awesome coach and really knows hockey.   If you pay for privates with that coach you will play.  It’s a business.   Also tells lies that Esmark 2011 has #1 forward in pa.   Already getting recruited for college at 12.   Also smokes vapes on benches.    Quits on kids like a baby.  Not a man at all. 

Idk who you’re talking about but if this person is that bad you should probably be reporting it to the police as child abuse, not just posting it here. 

• Like 1