Shaler vs Latrobe

57 minutes ago, Hockeymomma said:

What these rinks need to do is not allow spectators. Treat it like school. You drop your kids off and let the coach be the coach, let the kids be kids. If you have to watch, watch on live barn. The non players have highjacked the sport and need to go. 

That's the silliest thing I've heard all day. Who pays for these teams to play, and for the rinks to be open? It sure isn't the schools.

A better idea would be having (competent) security at the games. I'm sure the schools have no problem paying for that at their football games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Getalife said:

Elite Prospects is wrong...he is 17 FACT and last I checked 17 year old kids are minors.   I guess you get all your facts from elite prospects and on this forum. News and person releasing video to media should be punished as well,. 

Not that many great decisions by anyone involved, but when parents/teachers start opening theirs mouths in stands about how a kid should be raised would piss off any normal parent.  More should be said about Latrobe parent, seems it was poking the bear situation? Then add in if the parent/s aren't 100% normal = punch to the head I guess?  Sounds to me like each schools had the wrong families sit next to each other. 

Also it's still a shame that adults instincts are to film a "minor" with the hopes something bad will happen.  I really hope this person was old or unable to help, otherwise WTF????  Try stopping the situation instead of letting in escalate.  People are thriving on others inadequacies and bad choices.  Looks like some inner turmoil and jealous parents as usual in school hockey.  But I guess that's what you get when AAA/AA players play with A-Minor players and the A-minor kids "got screwed, and should be AAA/AA", recipe for disaster at all schools without proper leadership and coaching to make these kids and parents coexist. 

Wonder if the news will be at the Shaler game tonight?  Or maybe the filming cowards can interview the coaches and take video?

Are you really placing some blame on the person filming this incident?  Lol.  How often does this happen when if a video does not exist, the incident didn’t happen.  Open your eyes.  What the video shows is parents being dumbasses and a player following in parents footsteps.  

You also stated the person releasing the video should be punished?  Sorry, but this might actually be the most absurd comment on this entire thread and that is saying a lot.

“Try stopping the situation instead of letting it escalate.”  What video did you watch?  There were plenty of people that separated the player from the incident and kept the altercation between the parents from getting completely out of hand.   Now that an actual close up video exists, everyone can see how 99% of the problems withIn youth sports all start with asshole parents, while also showing a player on skates going mini Rambo in the stands takes an already shit show to a new level. 

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 4
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, nemesis8679 said:

That's the silliest thing I've heard all day. Who pays for these teams to play, and for the rinks to be open? It sure isn't the schools.

A better idea would be having (competent) security at the games. I'm sure the schools have no problem paying for that at their football games. 

Football is football. Football is the #1 concern for 90% of the schools in PA. Hockey is a club sport that most schools could care less about. Until that changes, ur comparing apples to rain deer. 

The rinks are already short/understaffed and shouldn’t be responsible for babysitting “adults”. If “adults” can’t act appropriately, they shouldn’t have the privilege of going into a rink. You’re paying for the PRIVILEGE of using the ice/facilities.

So your saying just because you pay for a service, you can go into that establishment and do whatever you please? I’ll give you $100 and come to your house and act like an ass. It won’t be my fault, it’s the fault school district I live in? The school district is responsible for how adults act in a privately owned business?

I agree competent security is needed, but the schools dont care about hockey. Most schools give $0 toward hockey. The good schools pay for maybe socks and jerseys. Everything is pushed on to the rink because hockey is expensive. Well guess what, so is owning/operating an ice rink. You’ll be the first to complain when ice costs are $500 a hour to hire security because “adults” can’t act appropriately in public. If they aren’t allow in, I guarantee they think twice about acting like this. 

Edited by Hockeymomma
  • Fist Bump 1

15 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

No kidding about schools not caring about hockey. 

However, pretty much any place where large amounts of people gather, places have security. The added cost would be less than 5 bucks a player per game. So don't make it like it's some insurmountable obstacle. 

If it’s that simple, why hasn’t it been done? What about during practices when these parents act like asses? Do you hire security for practices/24 hours a day? Who collects this $5 a game? 

This is a 24/7 problem, not just a game day problem. Why do you think most organizations can’t find anyone except a dad to coach?

Also, most security guards are old men and retirees. What do you expect them to do against men half thier age, bigger and stronger? Honestly the only thing they can do is to call the police.

Not arguing. Just trying to put this plan into motion. It’s easy to say “someone else should do something”. The answer might be one person ruined it for everyone. Maybe if that “one person” screws it up for everyone, everyone bands together and weeds out the trouble. 

Sometimes you don’t need more of something. Sometimes you need to cut your losses and start over. Give every organization ONE strike. If one parent ruins it, everyone loses. I bet the masses don’t allow the asses to be asses.

Edited by Hockeymomma

4 minutes ago, Hockeymomma said:

Not arguing. 

Really? Could've fooled me. You're putting way too much thought into it. Who supplies zambonibdrivers? Who supplies referees? Bottom line- someone does. I don't really care who. I don't think anyone has annoyed me so quickly on this board before, over nothing. Congrats, you win. Feel free to analyze  every detail of the problem. Not my job to figure it out. 

8 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

Really? Could've fooled me. You're putting way too much thought into it. Who supplies zambonibdrivers? Who supplies referees? Bottom line- someone does. I don't really care who. I don't think anyone has annoyed me so quickly on this board before, over nothing. Congrats, you win. Feel free to analyze  every detail of the problem. Not my job to figure it out. 

Don’t figure it out then, just allow it to continue to happen. It’s someone else’s fault. You have no problem bitching or pointing fingers.

Zamboni drivers are hired by the rink. They don’t do thier job, they’re fired. 

Refs are hired by the organization or league. They don’t do their job, new refs are requested. (I know most refs are terrible, but that’s what we’re left with because of  the behavior of “adults”)

Parents act like asses, “well someone do something about it”. The only sensible answer is to not allow them. You can’t fire parents. The only thing you can do is not allow them on private property. Does everyone suffer? Yes. Will the behavior stop? Also yes. 

This isn’t the first time either party acted this way... obviously they haven’t changed thier behavior and based on the repeat behavior, they have no intention on changing. 

Edited by Hockeymomma

8 minutes ago, Hockeymomma said:

Don’t figure it out then, just allow it to continue to happen. It’s someone else’s fault. You have no problem bitching or pointing fingers.

Refs are hired by the organization or league. They don’t do their job, new refs are requested. (I know most refs are terrible, but that’s what we’re left with because of  the behavior of “adults”)

Parents act like asses, “well someone do something about it”. The only sensible answer is to not allow them. You can’t fire parents. The only thing you can do is not allow them on private property. Does everyone suffer? Yes. Will the behavior stop? Also yes. 

This isn’t the first time either party acted this way... obviously they haven’t changed thier behavior and based on the repeat behavior, they have no intention on changing. 

I believe the rinks are supposed to have security at PIHL games. If not they should.  I would rather pay for security at the game and let the home team run the clock vs no security and pay a pihl rep to run the clock.  The rest of your rants sound very unintelligent.  Be reasonable.  The solution is pretty simple.  You are very unreasonable.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

The added cost would be less than 5 bucks a player per game. So don't make it like it's some insurmountable obstacle. 

So why should 15 or so parents per team pay extra to deal with 1-2 parents who came to the rink to cause trouble and act like asses? Just get rid of the asses. If those 15 or so well behaved adults lose thier privileges, maybe they won’t turn their heads when the asses act up. Maybe they won’t say “oh that’s just how he is”. It’s easy to say “it’s someone else’s fault”. When will adults finally say “that’s not right and I’m not going to tolerate it?”

Edited by Hockeymomma

8 minutes ago, Hockeymomma said:

Why are you so fast to surrender going to your own kid's games? 

So who enforces this ban? PIHL? PAHL? ATC school league? The rinks? USA Hockey? Good luck. 

2 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

Why are you so fast to surrender going to your own kid's games? 

So who enforces this ban? PIHL? PAHL? ATC school league? The rinks? USA Hockey? Good luck. 

Because it’s 110% about the kids. If adults can’t act appropriately, they shouldn’t be there. 

Just now, Hockeymomma said:

So why should 15 or so parents per team pay extra to deal with 1-2 parents who came to the rink to cause trouble and act like asses? Just get rid of the asses. If those 15 or so we’ll behaved adults lose thier privileges, maybe they won’t turn their heads when the asses act up. Maybe they won’t say “oh that’s just how he is”. It’s easy to say “it’s someone else’s fault”. When will adults finally say “that’s not right and I’m not going to tolerate it?”

Has to be security.  So if another adult jumped in it would just be one more person fighting.  Think about it,  It's like in a hockey game when a fight breaks out between two players.  Next another player gets involved to try to stop and it just escalates into a large brawl.  In that example the ref/linesmen have to stop it  not the players.  Same reason you need security to stop it or it will just escalate.  These people are clearly not reasonable.  

4 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

I believe the rinks are supposed to have security at PIHL games. If not they should.  I would rather pay for security at the game and let the home team run the clock vs no security and pay a pihl rep to run the clock.  The rest of your rants sound very unintelligent.  Be reasonable.  The solution is pretty simple.  You are very unreasonable.  

There was a security guard at the rink for this altercation, as well as every other one involving parents. One old man is not physically able to control multiple grown men acting like asses. 

Back to this isn’t an argument. This is agreeing the current set up is faulty. How do you fix it?

2 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

Has to be security.  So if another adult jumped in it would just be one more person fighting.  Think about it,  It's like in a hockey game when a fight breaks out between two players.  Next another player gets involved to try to stop and it just escalates into a large brawl.  In that example the ref/linesmen have to stop it  not the players.  Same reason you need security to stop it or it will just escalate.  These people are clearly not reasonable.  

So your suggestion is more/multiple security?

My point wasn’t for more adults to act like asses. It was most teams know who the asses are and the normal parents need to report them and the organization/league needs to discipline or ban the trouble makers. 

Edited by Hockeymomma

There was a security guard at the rink for this altercation, as well as every other one involving parents. One old man is not physically able to control multiple grown men acting like asses. 

Back to this isn’t an argument. This is agreeing the current set up is faulty. How do you fix it?

Hire CAPABLE security that takes care of the issue BEFORE it gets out of hand.  It's not that hard.  Not a wanna be security person that is just there to hang out and collect a paycheck. It could have been EASILY avoided with a good security person in the stands.  Plus add tough punishments for the people who start these issues.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

Hire CAPABLE security that takes care of the issue BEFORE it gets out of hand.  It's not that hard.  Not a wanna be security person that is just there to hang out and collect a paycheck. It could have been EASILY avoided with a good security person in the stands.  Plus add tough punishments for the people who start these issues.

Fair statement. So now why do none of the rinks have capable security? Also how does one person stop two grown men? Back to, should there be multiple security?

Edited by Hockeymomma

Fair statement. So now why do none of the rinks have capable security? 

Some do, some don't.  I have been at games at Baierl and the security there is proactive.  Sometimes it takes a few incidents like these for the rink owners to wake up.  Sometimes it is a lawsuit.  

• Like 1

I love this, but it’s not how things are. 

I can assure you, I could EASILY keep things like this from happening if I was the one security personnel at the rink watching over a single game.  You can hear it/see it coming.  You just have to take care of it before it escalates to far.

1 minute ago, Carl Racki said:

Some do, some don't.  I have been at games at Baierl and the security there is proactive.  Sometimes it takes a few incidents like these for the rink owners to wake up.  Sometimes it is a lawsuit.  

So we’re back to “it’s someone else’s fault”. How do the “good parents” fix this problem? Is it a rink thing? A league thing? Who is going to step up and put an end to it? 

7 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

I can assure you, I could EASILY keep things like this from happening if I was the one security personnel at the rink watching over a single game.  You can hear it/see it coming.  You just have to take care of it before it escalates to far.

Please apply for the security position at your local rink. Obviously you are in the minority. Most people turn a blind eye including the security. 

Not being an ass. I agree most of the BS starts little and slowly escalates. So where do these rinks find 35 individuals like yourself to hire so the job is done correctly?

Edited by Hockeymomma

7 minutes ago, Hockeymomma said:

Please apply for the security position at your local rink. Obviously you are in the minority. Most people turn a blind eye including the security. 

Not being an ass. I agree most of the BS starts little and slowly escalates. So where do these rinks find 35 individuals like yourself to hire so the job is done correctly?

Its not very hard.  They just have to care.   Baierl has them.  Maybe see where they get theirs. Maybe fire ones that do nothing.  If they want to pay me enough money I will find them for them.  

4 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

Its not very hard.  They just have to care.   Baierl has them.  Maybe see where they get theirs. Maybe fire ones that do nothing.  If they want to pay me enough money I will find them for them.  

It is hard or else it would have been done. No one wants to work and no one wants to pay. Maybe contact PIHL and PAHL and submit a contract? You’ll get paid and the problem will be addressed if not solved. 

Maybe on duty police officers is the answer? Threat of fines and arrest might be the answer?

Edited by Hockeymomma

It is hard or else it would have been done. No one wants to work and no one wants to pay. Maybe contact PIHL and PAHL and submit a contract? You’ll get paid and the problem will be addressed if not solved. 

No, the rinks that care handle it.  The ones that don't let things get ugly. Isn't there security at highschool football games?  Highschool basketball games?  Who do they hire.  I am done with the conversation.  You are impossible.  The answer is right infront of you but people have to care and hire/fire people.  Blah blah blah

• Like 1