Shaler vs Latrobe

30 minutes ago, Donny Iris said:

Hockey Dad is right.  The news report was inaccurate and Mr. Myers did not instigate this.  The Shaler parents and player assaulted him.   As a hockey volunteer, Mr Myers has helped many kids over the last 20+ years and has had a very positive impact on our hockey community.    

I call bullshit - here comes the champions for Meyers. The police report says Meyers wanted to seek out the player after the game, Meyers admits this in the police report (as reported by all 3 major news stations) Unless the police report is wrong (please post it, it’s public domain). 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

I call bullshit - here comes the champions for Meyers. The police report says Meyers wanted to seek out the player after the game, Meyers admits this in the police report (as reported by all 3 major news stations) Unless the police report is wrong (please post it, it’s public domain). 

There was also more left out, and not in Mr. Meyers' favor. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Donny Iris said:

Hockey Dad is right.  The news report was inaccurate and Mr. Myers did not instigate this.  The Shaler parents and player assaulted him.   As a hockey volunteer, Mr Myers has helped many kids over the last 20+ years and has had a very positive impact on our hockey community.    

Which kids (other than his, yours and a few others in your cliq) has Mr Myers helped? Mr Myers is only involved for the benefit of a few Latrobe players/families. Also 20+ years? So he’s been helping kids since he was a teenager? Nice try. He has shown his true colors more than once. Had he refrained from going to start trouble, this whole incident would have been avoided. 

On 2/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, Hockey Dad said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about and this post is nothing more than self serving gossip.

The news report and the police report are missing facts and most of what you’re talking about has nothing to do with what really happened. Also the news didn’t show the full video.

Mr. Myers was not “looking “ for number 14 after the game. He simply told the person next to him “let’s see what number 14 does in the handshake line after the game” because he was playing a little dirty.

So Mr Myers lied to the police or the police made things up on the police report?

Mr Myers did actually “start” this incident. Had he not acted entitled and went to handle the situation on his own, this would not have happened. 

Leave it up to Latrobe parents to cry “poor is me” when they are no better than anyone else.

Edited by Hockeymomma

8 hours ago, Hockeymomma said:

So Mr Myers lied to the police or the police made things up on the police report?

Mr Myers did actually “start” this incident. Had he not acted entitled and went to handle the situation on his own, this would not have happened. 

Leave it up to Latrobe parents to cry “poor is me” when they are no better than anyone else.

I have no skin in this incident but if you watch the videos this Mr. Myers that you keep talking about was standing in the top row talking with parents from his own team with his arms crossed when he was attacked. 

If what he was saying ALL GAME was so bad like people keep pointing out then why didn't said kids parents go to the police officer that was on duty at the game, why didn't 1 of the kids coaches piint it out and have the guy removed, why didn't the refs handle it as they should or why didn't one of the school reps that are at the games handle it. 

Like it or not the video shows/proves that Mr. Myers was sucker punched with his arms crossed and then attacked by the father and son. 

Yes, the police report said that he "wanted" to seek the kid out and talk to him. That doesn't mean he was going to. Now over my years of being around sports and growing up if a parent wanted to talk/help me that wasn't my own they may seek my parents out and ask to speak with me. I have had parents and coaches do it with my son, some good some bad. 

Maybe Mr. Myers thought that the kid was actually a half decent player and wanted to tell the kid to keep his cool and that he doesn't have to play like an a**hole all the time. 

Edited by Pucks11

I have zero skin in this game.  

Saying that, how can a parent sitting in the top row of the stands be seeking out a player from that spot?  If he were actually seeking out any players, wouldn't he be at the lower level of the stands?

The only person that ascended up or descended down stairs was the Shaler player.  That fact is indisputable.

Whether he wanted to seek out said player and said so aloud for others around him to hear is a different story.   

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

When does the PIHL have their disciplinary hearings? Is the player entitled to a timely hearing?  I would expect swift and timely hearings.  This incident is almost 2 weeks old now and nothing from the PIHL.  I see the discipline list has info from 2/15 games. Why nothing about this. Not even pending a hearing.

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

When does the PIHL have their disciplinary hearings? Is the player entitled to a timely hearing?  I would expect swift and timely hearings.  This incident is almost 2 weeks old now and nothing from the PIHL.  I see the discipline list has info from 2/15 games. Why nothing about this. Not even pending a hearing.

PIHL may have been waiting for the police investigation to conclude before they did anything. 

5 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Where do you find the discipline list? 

• 11 months later...

I was at Alpha on Monday night which happened to also be senior night for Shaler. Not only was this player on the ice the team made him as assistant captain. Glad to see there are little or no repercussions for actions anymore. 

Edited by kid310050
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, kid310050 said:

I was at Alpha on Monday night which happened to also be senior night for Shaler. Not only was this player on the ice the team made him as assistant captain. Glad to see there are little or no repercussions for actions anymore. 

And he's on the all star team as well