Shaler vs Latrobe

A parent fight broke out in the stands at the end of the Shaler vs Latrobe game on Thursday night. At one point there were at least 4 Shaler players in the stands a few of which threw punches or shoved Latrobe parents. It will be interesting to see how the PIHL handles this one. What a disaster! I wonder if they watched Slapshot before the game? Old Time Hockey!

58 minutes ago, Hattrick Swayze said:

A parent fight broke out in the stands at the end of the Shaler vs Latrobe game on Thursday night. At one point there were at least 4 Shaler players in the stands a few of which threw punches or shoved Latrobe parents. It will be interesting to see how the PIHL handles this one. What a disaster! I wonder if they watched Slapshot before the game? Old Time Hockey!

Was this caught on livebarn? I'd love to see it. Who won? The game, not the fights. 

Edited by nemesis8679

Embarrassing to the Shaler program, kids and parents should be gone from PIHL for life. Heard another kid punched Shaler head coach and quit. Coach lost control... Sure there will/should be a job opening for a program who has struggled for last 12 years. No coaches found on clip trying to stop altercation, once 5 kids weren't in locker room wouldn't you as a parent/coach gather your players. Heard he's already been safesported for other violations? Just seems like a bad mix of kids and coaches. Was Latrobe parents at fault? 

Coach was repeatedly warned from players and parents about the first kid that went into the stands. He chose to favor that kid anyway and look where it got them. That kid punched a parent from Latrobe while his dad had the guy in a headlock . Kid should be banned and the Coach needs to be fired.  Complete embarrassment of the Shaler program.

Interesting takes from people who claim to know nothing. From watching the livebarn I see two coaches from shaler in the stands grabbing players and pulling them back as well as other shaler players helping pull their teammates back. I only see 3 players actually make any contact with anyone. Which all 3 I hope would be disciplined. 

In terms of the other manure some of you are throwing sources I know said the safesport violation was a player within Shaler’s program, a disgruntled parent because it was their son’s first time not getting what he wanted so he set the Coach up and reported him for “messaging” when the player initiated the messages. Funny how some people can come here and bad mouth their own organization’s coaches and act as if they’re anonymous. I bet you’re the same parents who reported your own Coach because your kid finally got the reality check that was warranted. 

shame on the coaches for not listening to parents warn them about other peoples kids. Seems like the parents need a reality check. 

Hi I used be the Senior goalie for Shaler Hockey. I quit about 2 months ago for various reasons. Players not being disciplined at Shaler is nothing new. Safe-sport actually reached out to me. I am assuming they reached out to me because a current player/parent reported shaler. I have nothing to hide, and no reason to protect anyone. 

Interesting takes from people who claim to know nothing. The coach first asked me if we could text. He is in a position of power over me and if I were to say no, I would’ve been “punished” by docking my play. 

P.S. if you think this is the first time I didn’t get what I want then you obviously know nothing.

11 minutes ago, ItsJustASport said:

Hi I used be the Senior goalie for Shaler Hockey. I quit about 2 months ago for various reasons. Players not being disciplined at Shaler is nothing new. Safe-sport actually reached out to me. I am assuming they reached out to me because a current player/parent reported shaler. I have nothing to hide, and no reason to protect anyone. 

Interesting takes from people who claim to know nothing. The coach first asked me if we could text. He is in a position of power over me and if I were to say no, I would’ve been “punished” by docking my play. 

P.S. if you think this is the first time I didn’t get what I want then you obviously know nothing.

Didn’t another Shaler player quit because they were being disciplined too much????

Just now, Realitycheck said:

Didn’t another Shaler player quit because they were being disciplined too much????

That happened after I quit. I don’t know the specifics. I tried to walk away from this team to get away from the drama yet here I am still being dragged into it. Worry about someone other than me. 

8 minutes ago, ItsJustASport said:

That happened after I quit. I don’t know the specifics. I tried to walk away from this team to get away from the drama yet here I am still being dragged into it. Worry about someone other than me. 

No one brought you into this but yourself. You’re assuming you’re being referred to. Sounds like guilty mind to me. We’re talking about a high school sport you’re telling me you’re the only player that was unhappy with being disciplined or how you were treated? This is common with all teams with sports. No one’s blaming you, you quitting is unfortunate but if you left the team I doubt they feel it’s you. 

13 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

No one brought you into this but yourself. You’re assuming you’re being referred to. Sounds like guilty mind to me. We’re talking about a high school sport you’re telling me you’re the only player that was unhappy with being disciplined or how you were treated? This is common with all teams with sports. No one’s blaming you, you quitting is unfortunate but if you left the team I doubt they feel it’s you. 

There were no disciplinary actions towards me. There was supposed to be one that was unjust before I quit. Since the disciplinary action never went through, no parents or player knew about it. So you are either the coach of the team, or the coach of the team is sharing information with people he shouldn’t. 

2 minutes ago, ItsJustASport said:

There were no disciplinary actions towards me. There was supposed to be one that was unjust before I quit. Since the disciplinary action never went through, no parents or player knew about it. So you are either the coach of the team, or the coach of the team is sharing information with people he shouldn’t. 

You said yourself previously that you would have been “punished”. I don’t know anything about your situation or the coaches. I just was  stating I’m sure you’re not the only player that would disagree with a coach especially at high school sports. Sports at all levels have upset players for these exact reasons. So thinking it was you being mentioned seems a bit stretched.

“In terms of the other manure some of you are throwing sources I know said the safesport violation was a player within Shaler’s program, a disgruntled parent because it was their son’s first time not getting what he wanted so he set the Coach up and reported him for “messaging” when the player initiated the messages. Funny how some people can come here and bad mouth their own organization’s coaches and act as if they’re anonymous. I bet you’re the same parents who reported your own Coach because your kid finally got the reality check that was warranted.”

This is about me and my situation and it’s completely wrong. Quit talking about stuff you know nothing about.

3 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

You said yourself previously that you would have been “punished”. I don’t know anything about your situation or the coaches. I just was  stating I’m sure you’re not the only player that would disagree with a coach especially at high school sports. Sports at all levels have upset players for these exact reasons. So thinking it was you being mentioned seems a bit stretched.

1 minute ago, ItsJustASport said:

“In terms of the other manure some of you are throwing sources I know said the safesport violation was a player within Shaler’s program, a disgruntled parent because it was their son’s first time not getting what he wanted so he set the Coach up and reported him for “messaging” when the player initiated the messages. Funny how some people can come here and bad mouth their own organization’s coaches and act as if they’re anonymous. I bet you’re the same parents who reported your own Coach because your kid finally got the reality check that was warranted.”

This is about me and my situation and it’s completely wrong. Quit talking about stuff you know nothing about.

But you’ve stated it wasn’t you and that you were contacted so clearly it’s not you so how are we still addressing this as you? If you quit what did you say two months ago? When was the violation reported? If it wasn’t two months ago why would anyone think it was you? Again reiterating why I felt it was stretched that you’d take it as you. So again clearly there’s more than one person unhappy. 

15 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

I watched the videos numerous times and don’t see a punch thrown at any point other than the beginning. So I’m not sure where that accusation came from. 

You sure seem to know a lot about the internals of an organization because of having “ a lot of time on your hands” while not being a coach or board member.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

You sure seem to know a lot about the internals of an organization because of having “ a lot of time on your hands” while not being a coach or board member.

I am a parent that knows a lot of the families within the organization and hockey community. Believe me what I am saying I’m sure more than just the coaches and board members know. 

1 hour ago, Realitycheck said:

I am a parent that knows a lot of the families within the organization and hockey community. Believe me what I am saying I’m sure more than just the coaches and board members know. 

Coach, Board member parent or one of those parents trying to get control of a team. Either way, connected internally. 

Doesn’t matter much. this is a serious disaster. It only hurts kids in the end. Shameful. 

Edited by Danner27
Added coach - sounds like coach 2nd read
  • Like 3