PIHL regular season

41 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

Good thing they decided to play the season out.

Unrealistic expectations begat unexpected results and therefore parental disappointment, but hey keep making the excuses (# of skaters) for them as that will definitely teach them life lessons.

Who had unrealistic expectations?   Serious question too. Not an SV parent so I might have missed something. 

3 hours ago, Stanley PK said:

Alot of AA and AAA players are out of town this weekend in Detroit and Buffalo. Games started this morning for them, so I'm sure some teams were short some of their usual talent last night, my son's included.

So... then the teams you played against also didn't have their AA or AAA players. 

It's like saying my baseball team lost because it was raining. Meanwhile it was raining for the other team, too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeerLeagueRockstar said:

How did WPa teams do out there?

Armstrong won U18 second division.  SHAHA 09 won the 2009 second division.  WBS (I know not western PA) won 2010 second division. That's the only PA teams that won I believe.  I think there were a ton of teams out there though. 

Edited by aaaahockey
Typo

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

Armstrong won U18 second division.  SHAHA 09 won the 2009 second division.  WBS (I know not western PA) won 2010 second division. That's the only PA teams that won I believe.  I think there were a ton of teams out there though. 

The talent levels for both AAA and AA divisions were not as good as prior years as there were many teams in both divisions that got blown out by the better teams.  

Pittsburgh Youth hockey is a lot like Mike Tomlin, the rest of the country thinks we have a pretty good thing here while the locals all think it sucks.

If you do a deep dive into the CCM results, I think you would find a lot of what should be deemed as successful weekends. Especially when we have so many "faux" AAA teams whom water down the AA. Like that doesn't happen anywhere else in the country except Western PA.

48 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

Pittsburgh Youth hockey is a lot like Mike Tomlin, the rest of the country thinks we have a pretty good thing here while the locals all think it sucks.

If you do a deep dive into the CCM results, I think you would find a lot of what should be deemed as successful weekends. Especially when we have so many "faux" AAA teams whom water down the AA. Like that doesn't happen anywhere else in the country except Western PA.

I like the analogy but which side are you on?  Does Tomlin suck or not? 😂

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

On a more serious note our geographic location makes Pittsburgh a great place to play hockey.  You can, in my opinion, easily drive from Toronto to Nashville North to South if you wanted.  Same Boston to Chicago East to West.   Add up all the hockey you can get to in between and it's pretty darn good.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Especially when we have so many "faux" AAA teams whom water down the AA. Like that doesn't happen anywhere else in the country except Western PA.

I'm sure it happens elsewhere to a point. But not sure it's to the extent it is here. Just look around. The bottom half of most AA teams are interchangeable with the top half of A Major. And the AAA teams the same thing with AA (and even some A players mixed in). 

You can say what you want, but there is room for a maximum of 2 AAA teams around here. But the scumbags pocketing the money from the faux AAA teams need to fill those rosters to maximum size somehow. How else can you collect all those season fees and extra skills and extra gym fees? 

When anyone asks what has ruined hockey in this area, there's a few answers. But this is the main contributor.