Pittsburgh Predators Tier 1 18U AAA

9 hours ago, Rewster said:

It’s odd. According to the Preds website… they have listings that include the team, coach, level classification, and even have separate tabs for Tier I vs Tier II to help separate all of the organization’s teams from 8U Blue all the way through Tier II U18 AA and Tier I U16 AAA.  
On the Tier I tab, every team/coach/classification is included except for the Tier I 18U AAA. It’s August 11, and without the automatic showcase tournaments inclusion; there is still nothing listed regarding the U18 AAA team. No roster, coaches, schedule (other than the pre-populated pending tournament dates with TBD times and opponents).  There’s no news about anything related to that team. Perhaps there’s still some question marks regarding available  roster spots, coaching vacancies, strength of schedule compared with the current situation? We’re approaching a time where scheduling, coaching/staff clearances and training camp dates/times are usually squared away and start to ramp up. Mid August is when the high-end competitive teams start to get the ball rolling. It’s interesting that every other squad is accounted for except for the eldest team.

They are hiding their Roster so that no one can Poach their players.  If you look you will see that Esmark does not have their rosters up either.   I also think some kids at 18U are trying to make Junior Rosters so haven't completely decided who they are playing for.  I've heard of a few 18Us that are going out of state to play next year.  Should be interesting when it all shakes out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Is that a bad thing?

not at all. my son has a ton of fun playing against players from the PAHL on his ACHA team.  Plus he plays on like 3 beer league teams with more of his buddies and they have a great time there too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

They are hiding their Roster so that no one can Poach their players.  If you look you will see that Esmark does not have their rosters up either.   I also think some kids at 18U are trying to make Junior Rosters so haven't completely decided who they are playing for.  I've heard of a few 18Us that are going out of state to play next year.  Should be interesting when it all shakes out.

So glad I'm past this phase 😁

On 8/11/2023 at 11:45 AM, hockeyisgreat said:

This makes sense. I have heard of at least one player that has made a recent move to the next level, and it’s out of this area. Things do seem to mysteriously trickle this time of year with player movement; especially at the U18 level. I know of another player that was getting repeatedly invited to play in summer showcase tournaments for another out of this area organization under the guise of “bubble players on extended tryouts.” I gathered that as, either the team just needed fill-in players to complete their rosters, or they were legitimately interested in late additions for their team. I suppose that doing due diligence on player evaluations is continually ongoing and late additions to rosters is pretty common at the U18 AAA level.

On 8/11/2023 at 11:45 AM, hockeyisgreat said:

You clearly do not need a roster to poach players.